IGNORED

Arca - KiCK i

d-a-m-o

These 4 tracks i heard sound very varied, realy like mequetrefe

very much looking forward to the album and even tough i prefer older arca stuff myself, it's great to see an artist push forward their sound to a new level

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blir said:

fucking lol that is unbelievably terrible

Still think it was way better than the other singles released, but yea it's still not that good. The albums sucks. Quite a shame.

• 4 weeks later...

A lot of y'all WATMMers are allergic to pop music, I swear. Arca's been releasing music for almost ten years now, most of it largely experimental; if she wants to try her hand at something more pop friendly (which, let's be real, is still pretty out there for a lot of pop fans who never venture into the iddums), I welcome it. I'm just feeling bummed about having missed the chance to see her play when she was going to come around here in spring due to COVID-19 related postponement

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, splesh said:

A lot of y'all WATMMers are allergic to pop music, I swear. Arca's been releasing music for almost ten years now, most of it largely experimental; if she wants to try her hand at something more pop friendly (which, let's be real, is still pretty out there for a lot of pop fans who never venture into the iddums), I welcome it. I'm just feeling bummed about having missed the chance to see her play when she was going to come around here in spring due to COVID-19 related postponement

It's not that I am allergic to pop, it's more that it just sounds like shit

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

• 1 month later...

I'm enjoying this quite a bit.  Sound design's off the hook as always, although taking side-stage to the vocals, which predictably is putting a lot of the watmm crowd off.  WTF is there a Bjork - Aurora remix in here in a Spanish?  (in the middle of first listen as I type.)  I like that I can't understand any of the lyrics.  Makes the words come across more like synths/textures for me.  I'd deliver food to this fo' sure.  *fires up CD burner*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2020 at 1:55 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

I'm enjoying this quite a bit.  Sound design's off the hook as always, although taking side-stage to the vocals, which predictably is putting a lot of the watmm crowd off.  WTF is there a Bjork - Aurora remix in here in a Spanish?  (in the middle of first listen as I type.)  I like that I can't understand any of the lyrics.  Makes the words come across more like synths/textures for me.  I'd deliver food to this fo' sure.  *fires up CD burner*

The björk collab’s a little limp, but it might grow on me (def feels like maybe a christmas single vibe or something). Most of the rest of the album is really good, love how tight the production is 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

bumping this thread to say that the rest of the series is coming!!!

KICK ii - midnight @ where ever you are

KicK iii - December 1

kick iiii - December 2

kIcK (kICk?) iiiii (surprise release) - December 3

here are the singles:

(before anyone says anything i also think that Born Yesterday track is not very good lol)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1