IGNORED

Black Lives Matter

Braintree

33 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Lol they removed a more then 150year old statue of absolute garbage piece of shit leopold II in belgium. Aboot friggin time

Some good may come off this after all.

Personally I’m rooting for a BLM rally in the Dutch city of Hoorn, where they have a statue of this unbelievable shithead:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Pieterszoon_Coen

• Like 1

Of course the person with the "comical" Hillary Clinton avatar is going to have the most retarded thing to say.

On 6/8/2020 at 10:29 AM, Somanymachines said:

"He who controls the past controls the future; He who controls the present controls the past"

History exists only in statues. History books and internet resources do not exist. No statues = no memory or testimony of anything ever happening

The racism is a problem, yes! It’s not the only one tho and everything is interconnected! ... 

Another problem in the US is that too much fire weapons is floating around! And we are not talking about Belgium here but about society that basically as a whole is a world’s police chief who is killing ppl around the world without answering to anyone for anything?! What have you expected?! Non-american lives matter too, y’no!
Also, we are talking about society that virtues extreme competition in anything, materialism and consumerism at the same time! EXTREME is the way to go in everything when it comes to murica! Everything must be so intense or it doesn’t exist! Violence included! 
Have you seen the statistics of mass shootings or lethal crimes in general in the states?! Of course it’s the ‘murica thing! With so many guns floating around in such society. Where else would you expect it to be so common? I mean... Police officers in the US wouldn’t have to pull their guns ever if it wouldn’t be so fakn dangerous to walk down the street as it is. And they themselves have to be extreme-cops, ‘murica cops, robo-cops, fak-yeah-america-cops to be able to be efficient in such society... or else they’d be replaced. Any argue with anyone, no matter how insignificant it is invokes scenes of (mass) shootings. It’s just the fear that ppl are custom to and conditioned with and nourished with and it’s getting worse every year. Noooow add racism on top of it! What did you get?

I mean... I can’t remember the last time i saw a police officer in my country wearing a gun or hearing about shootings by anyone! Racism (or toxic nationalism) is bad no matter where you find it but it just happens to be more deadly in the state. It takes time to eradicate racism... but while you’re working on it...pls
...LOSE THE GUNS! Win the game!

edit: I love you my dear American friends! Pls don’t take these words personally.

Edited by xox
  • Like 1

Major police reforms on the agenda for SF supes

https://48hills.org/2020/06/major-police-reforms-on-the-agenda-for-sf-supes/

The SFPD doesn’t keep very good data in general, but the national data is pretty clear: Some cops are far more likely than others to shoot and kill people – and their violent tendencies can be tracked early on.

The most hotheaded cops tend to be younger ones, and those with excessive force complaints during their first five years are more likely to be involved in unjustified shootings later in their careers. If departments carefully track complaints (as they clearly didn’t in Minneapolis), it’s possible to do early intervention.

• Like 1

I read a book about Leopold once, I think it was when I was obsessed with Apocalypse Now (I still am), then obviously that bled into Joseph Conrad's Heart Of Darkness, which bled into books about the Congo and then Leopold. Heavy stuff. You cannot have statues of these people. They tore one down in Bristol of Edward Colston. Happy days.

• Like 3

I'm sure there a many, many decent coppers in America. I'd imagine most of them are stand up, decent men doing a difficult job. 

That's why I'm a little wary of getting sucked into some hysterical nonsense like BLM. Just like I'm very wary of getting sucked into most things 'trending' nowadays. 

Take down statues of slave traders by all means, and prosecute the scum who kneel on peoples throats for 8 minutes but giving the green light to tar every policeman in America with the same brush is just reckless nonsense. 

Last post on this for me.

Edited by beer badger
  • Facepalm 3

It's a good idea to address macho culture in the police, though. I've heard in the US you can become a police officer within 3 months (!!!) and then carry a weapon and play Rambo in the streets, bullying people. Not a bad carrier choice for racist bullies

That being said I think that a society needs a police.

Edited by dingformung

20 minutes ago, beer badger said:

I'm sure there a many, many decent coppers in America. I'd imagine most of them are stand up, decent men doing a difficult job. 

That's why I'm a little wary of getting sucked into some hysterical nonsense like BLM. Just like I'm very wary of getting sucked into most things 'trending' nowadays. 

Take down statues of slave traders by all means, and prosecute the scum who kneel on peoples throats for 8 minutes but giving the green light to tar every policeman in America with the same brush is just reckless nonsense. 

Last post on this for me.

The "decent" cops consistently fail to hold other police officers accountable. Decent cops end up leaving the force, therefore all cops are bastards.

It sounds more like you don't want to get involved because you don't want to care or look up statistics: https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/

But that's fair. You don't live here, so why should you care? I can tell you from personal experience that police are fucking assholes, but by merely doing a little googling, you won't need to take my word for it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beer badger said:

They tore one down in Bristol of Edward Colston. Happy days.

Can't wait for the protestors to find out Mohamed used to rape slave girls.  There won't be a minaret left standing in Bristol.

48 minutes ago, beer badger said:

hysterical nonsense like BLM. 

:cerious:

• Thanks 1

“Cops” has officially been canceled at Paramount Network. Definitive news that the series won't return comes only four days after Variety exclusively reported that it had been pulled from the schedule. ... “Cops” launched on Fox in 1989, and is considered one of the originators of the modern reality TV movement.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/cops-canceled-paramount-network-1234629637/#:~:text=“Cops” has officially been canceled,been pulled from the schedule.&text=“Cops” launched on Fox in,the modern reality TV movement.

fuuu-png-3.png

Edited by Nebraska
  • Haha 2

I’ll be another one to say that yes, cops can be irredeemable assholes and that type of job tends to attract people who just want to be bullies. They often don’t want to do their actual job if they can weasel out of it, too. Me and some family members can tell you that from experience. 

That said, once a cop like that moved to a different area, he was replaced by a good one that ended up solving our problem. There are some decent cops and if you disbanded the police force, you’d end up having to hire people to do the same thing. What we need is reform. 

• Like 1