IGNORED

Phoenecia

kcinsu

i've had the vinyl since release and a while ago i was in a record store and found an unopened copy of Brown Out on vinyl for $12 :)

score.

it's nice to be able to pitch up/down some of those tracks. if can get it on vinyl you should.

• Like 1

Think I bought it to make my warpmart order up to 50 quid to get the pool party cd. I've never really looked at the cover art properly and in my eyes/brain I see it as two Ghostbusters walking waist height through sludgy sewage - which is exactly what I hear the album to be like too.

i've had the vinyl since release and a while ago i was in a record store and found an unopened copy of Brown Out on vinyl for $12 :)

score.

it's nice to be able to pitch up/down some of those tracks. if can get it on vinyl you should.

I bought it first on vinyl without hearing it and was convinced it was supposed to be played at 45 rpm.. it was a long time before I learned it was supposed to be 33!

score.

I bought it first on vinyl without hearing it and was convinced it was supposed to be played at 45 rpm.. it was a long time before I learned it was supposed to be 33!

i love it when that happens. see autechre we r are why/are y are we, yeesland (so much better at 33 imo).

there's a bunch of vibert's stuff that is pretty happy at either speed as well.

• 3 years later...

Listening to Demissions while I wait for Ecehlon Mall to come out. Quite like "Dogness."

On 1/8/2016 at 2:06 AM, ignatius said:

BrownOut is awesome. girl trrbl.. shit.. and on vinyl.. some of those tracks work well at 45 rpm pitched down just a little. so dope.

Demissions is killer. so lush. i hope they don't wait 10 years until the next one.

Looks like it may be more than 10 years.

On 6/16/2019 at 2:42 PM, darreichungsform said:

A new Phoenecia release would be appreciated, yes

I too am a Phoenecia fanboy.  I emailed Romulo maybe last year and asked if he had anything coming out (or had something out that we didn't know about).

He replied and gave me a link to this:

I did ask him permission if I share it with you all and he was cool with it.  I'm pretty sure I already posted it in one of these Phoenecia threads but no one really replied. 

It's like a beat tape from another dimension....and you can definitely hear his style coming through. 

I'm hoping they get around to releasing Lewd Archives or some new stuff soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
On 6/16/2019 at 3:00 PM, Extralife said:

Also this:

Fuck missed this before.. thanks and thanks for bumping!

I got well obsessed by his expect more from a past life album when i discovered it last year, felt like coming across a lost idm classic, so fucking good

9 hours ago, kirm said:

Fuck missed this before.. thanks and thanks for bumping!

I got well obsessed by his expect more from a past life album when i discovered it last year, felt like coming across a lost idm classic, so fucking good

Expect More is a legendary compilation of tunes in my opinion. Up there with Bytes for those type of pseudonym-based releases. 

Each and every b-side that did not make this comp is worth tracking down, of course.

Does my head in every time.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Any Phoenecia fans here familiar with some of the schematic comps at the turn of the millenium? Specifically Lily of the Valley is so good, and I love the tracks Phoenecia submitted. Bit different from the LPs for sure. 

• Like 3

I would love a fresh copy of lily of the valley, ischemic folks, ischemic strokes ep, and oddjob remixes.  Mine are shot.  I hope that the tone capsule repress goes well so they continue with more of the label's classics.

I've known Rom for a long time and he's super nice. We were just talking the other day about Keith Levene's passing, as we'd both talked with him and were pretty broken hearted. Rom had tried to work something out with Keith years ago, but Keith, always a gentleman, wanted to try something different and nothing came of it.

Personally, I don't expect much in the way of new Phoenecia, but Rom is always working on something. ALWAYS. I like to bug him about doing a Schematic anthology of unreleased tracks or reissuing some of the earlier stuff, like a serious remaster of the untitled Richard Devine EP (NEEDS BASS!). If he wanted to drop a comp of Phoenecia loosies I could see it happening, but only if he and Josh were in full agreement.

• Like 5