IGNORED

Phoenecia

kcinsu

soul oddity

/end thread.

shame the mastering on the SO stuff is so shitty

back OT, i only like the 2nd track in where it goes up-tempo for about 3 bars. i thought i had found the holy grail of dancefloor IDM but was disappointed.

oh well. waiting for lewd archives STILL. its like the duke nukem of electronica... :/

never heard, halfway through downloading and just started listening to the first track now.

not bad so far, hope it picks up a tad tho

lol, it never 'picks up'! it is serious business

Got Brownout today, it's fucking sick!

Needed a good album for a while now, not been getting enough music recently. Fucking love GRRL TRRBL

I like this album and the artwork so much I bought it on ebay today.

Also Obel if you're missing your music quota lately, check out that thread I made asking for music that's like Autechre in the ae subforum. I swear to god just about every single album in that thread is pure gold!

• 9 months later...

<Troon moment>

!

</Troon moment>

If all Phoenecia remixes sound this awesome, I want to see them live some time. Also, where the hell is a new album from these guys? I know they did movie stuff, but it's just not the same.

Edited by Xyrofen

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Funny that this thread popped up, because last week I listened to Brownout 6 or 7 times while programming. it's basically perfect, in my opinion. They take that glitchy style, and make it incredibly musical and unique.

fucking a, just found a VG+ lp copy on discogs for $11 including shipping, snagged.

Edited by ganus

Brownout is utterly perfect, one of the funkiest albums I own but atmospheric as fuck. There's nothing like it. I can't even hope to do justice to it by writing a bunch of words here so I'll cut myself off.

Nah Demissions is better.

It's got Aunt Alice, Gesundheit, Livelihoods and Two Part Experiments for Bodran and Computer on it. By default it wins.

Also 2011.

It's the most liquid album I've ever heard. It's like trawling through some underground sewage system in the future.

but in a good way.

lol yes, this, exactly the imagery in my head during this album... funky and dangerously slimy. great stuff