IGNORED

Aphex Twin Says He's Got Six Albums Completed

Captain Hideous

From Pitchfork:

Aphex Twin Says He's Got Six Albums Completed

Electronic music boundary-smasher Richard D. James, otherwise known as Aphex Twin, isn't exactly cranking out new material at Lil Wayne speeds these days. His last proper album, Drukqs, came out in 2001, though he's released music under various names in dribs and drabs since then. But according to an interview with James in the British magazine AnOther Man (via Fact), Aphex currently has six albums in the can.

James told AnOther Man, "I've got six completed. Two are very non-commercial, abstract, modular-synthesis, field recordings-- those I finished four years ago. Another one is Melodies From Mars, which I redid about three years ago. There's one of stuff I won't go into, a comp of old tracks which is never really finished and always changing, and then one I'm working on now. There are also loads of tracks which don't belong anywhere."

Since James likes to remain mysterious, it's anyone's guess whether we'll actually hear any of these new albums. Still, the very existence of a whole pile of Aphex Twin albums is welcome news indeed.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Enter a new display name

Obviously, this subforum constantly scans the internet for any news related to their God Richard so everything is jazzband for you. BTW Pitchfork is the most reliable music resource these days.

Guest reyde_espana

the melodies form mars bit sounds like one of his jokes.... then again... WHO KNOWS?!?!?!?!?!

the rest i pretty much believe... i mean.. its Richard after all... he must have tons of quality tracks just ready for release..

which by the way hell never let us hear!!!!

It probably is true but he didn't say he's gonna release any of them! He's always claimed he has loads of tracks hidden away, like that RDJ album was made from a collection of about 100 tracks or something like that. Judging on the lack of consistent quality in his albums I totally believe that he pumps out HEAPS of material but doesn't bother releasing any of it cos 80% of it is balls.

It probably is true but he didn't say he's gonna release any of them! He's always claimed he has loads of tracks hidden away, like that RDJ album was made from a collection of about 100 tracks or something like that. Judging on the lack of consistent quality in his albums I totally believe that he pumps out HEAPS of material but doesn't bother releasing any of it cos 80% of it is balls.

funnily enough I was just about to post a similar thing

when he's good it's amazing but when he's bad it's mediocre at best and it must be hard to live up to the high standard he's set out for himself

1. melodies from mars( proof, one of the steinvord trax + melody at the end of metz track)

2. steinvord (the one he cant talk about hehe)

3. modular foundsounds location recording or whatever

4. modular foundsounds recording or whatever #2

5. old tracks, like the ones on joyrex's DAT tape. rephlex already told joyrex they might do a box set or something innit?

6. new trax in the style of manchester and metz trax

7. aphex read this, gets pissed off then changes the plans hehe

Why do people ever refer to Aphex Twin as 'Richard', like he's a mate or something?

in defense of the people that do this;

do you call madonna, miss ciccone ?? or Elvis Mr. Presley. And surely it's better than being called phex'ee. ;-]

(note how i capitalized the King, respect)

--------------- ::

anyway jazz, banish to aphex forum ;-p. One day this stuff will come out, maybe and then we can care perhaps.

Why do people ever refer to Aphex Twin as 'Richard', like he's a mate or something?

in defense of the people that do this;

do you call madonna, miss ciccone ?? or Elvis Mr. Presley. And surely it's better than being called phex'ee. ;-]

(note how i capitalized the King, respect)

--------------- ::

anyway jazz, banish to aphex forum ;-p. One day this stuff will come out, maybe and then we can care perhaps.

No, I just refer to them by the name that they release(d) records under. I bet Apho wouldn't have it any other way either. And your deference to Aaron is duly noted.

awesome how watmm is so ahead of the music news websites...

1. interview comes out

2. watmm faps over it for a week (?)

3. music news website #1 eventually 'reports' (paraphrases) on it

4. music news website #2 eventually 'reports' (paraphrases) on it

5. music news website #3 eventually 'reports' (paraphrases) on it

6. music news website #4 eventually 'reports' (paraphrases) on it

:aphexsign::beer:

Archived