i actually really loved season 2. you guys didn't enjoy the thing about radio signals from space, the black lodge and windom earle? i honestly think i enjoy season 2 more than season 1.

tumblr_mcn4y7AoKV1qbxj4no1_500.jpg

Agree in some ways. Especially the first half of season 2, every bit as flawless as the first season. I think the writers were scrambling a bit to regain their footing and Lynch was away making Wild At Heart (great flick!) after they were forced to out the killer, but as the series comes to an end it gets pretty climactic. Any complaints are pretty minor as the show hits a spot not many do. Dale Cooper is easily one of the greatest fictional characters anywhere - he's funny and kind of inspiring in a way. I think he's basically Lynch himself made into lead character. And I love it when David Lynch appears on the show. Some of the funniest parts!

is audrey in it and does she get her jubblies out?

Just watch it. But I'll let you know now that Lara Flynn Boyle was replaced by someone else for Fire Walk With Me, because she didn't like the sound of all those titty infested scenes Lynch wanted to film.

lol perfect essines

havent re-watched it yet but basically watched 40+ percent of each episode 2 times or more... i kept rewinding, cause like someone said before, each scene could be painting and there's so much to pick up on.

though i kind of thought all of Hawk's talk about the "Dweller on the Threshold" would manifest into a major theme in the plot, like i was thinking Windom would be revealed to be Coup's "Shadow Self" and Coup would have to confront his shadow self/Windom in the black lodge or sommat, i like to think about that for some reason...

gonna have to revisit this soon...

First season is nearly flawless. Second season as a whole just seems jumbled, disjointed and kind of rushed. I suppose it's no wonder though with all the guest directors and Lynch's absence.

As I recall there are several of the storylines occuring in the second season that are a bit iffy. Like James' travels to that posh mansion story was just utterly boring and pointless. The Harold storyline was alright as it threatened to reveal something staggering in regards to Laura's secrets.

Also the whole Windom Earle thing was just way too run-of-mill villain and seemed like a big rush job. Though his back story connections with Coop and his links with these mysterious Dugpas was quite intriguing, but that didn't really go anywhere either.

For those liking the midnight jazz pieces by Angelo Badalamenti for Twin Peaks you really have to check out the works by Bohren & der Club of Gore (despite the name they're not a death metal band !) especially the album Sunset Mission -

Wauw, that's great. Perfect writing music! Thanks, mcbpete!

If you go into Youtube and search for bohren & der club of gore the whole album is there as one video (the 1st entry on the list)

Wauw, that's great. Perfect writing music! Thanks, mcbpete!

If you go into Youtube and search for bohren & der club of gore the whole album is there as one video (the 1st entry on the list)

I'll just buy it :)

If I did not enjoy Mulholland Drive, should I give Twin Peaks a chance?

no.

But at the same time, I'd give Mulholland Drive another chance. A lot of people will tell you not to read any explanations of the plot, but definitely give it a go because it might put to rest any "emperor has no clothes" thoughts you may have after seeing it for the first time and approach it from another angle. When I first saw it, I came to the conclusion that I did not like David Lynch. But it really is actually a very well thought out story told in a different language, if you will. If it was told in a more straight forward manner, it would lose a lot of the effect that is crucial to the film's experience and overall theme. That strange language is what sets his movies apart. A kind of logic that seemingly makes no sense but is very precise yet intuitive. I would never say, "oh you're just not sophisticated enough to 'get it'" because that's ridiculous. They're just movies, primarily made to entertain.

I definitely don't understand Inland Empire for example, but you're probably not supposed to. The feeling of confusion and discomfort is intentional on that one.