IGNORED

Bibio subforum?

Guest skytree

Excerpt from Friendly Foil's list of crap that Stephen likes ...

- butterflies congregating in the wet furrows of an old mud track winding through the middle of an orange grove in autumn.

- memories of old tin cans tethered to one another by string borrowed from grandmother's locked sewing cabinet. The can glinting in the sun as stephen cranes his head out of the treehouse window holding the can intently listening as his cousin holds the other as close as it will reach to the horn of a gramophone playing whistling dixy by the olde louisianna portobello marching band.

- Listening to the contented munching of the old mare as you feed her more apples. Her gentle trusting whiny a salve to the heart even on the saddest of days.

- puppies

- kittens

- dleetrs pasta sauce on al dente farfelle

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like bibio. i have never liked burial.

i have never set foot (hah, digits rather) in any subforum except ae, afx and very rarely & carefully boc and clark.

i didn't really like the thread about whether or not there should be a vsnares subforum.

sometimes i like vsnares.

i'm not sure i like this thread.

does that help?

watmmers should use the forums tag-feature more.. than joyrex chooses (or by popular demand) tags to advertise or something

like so:

heres your trackermatte subforum http://forum.watmm.com/tags/forums/Trackermatte/

heres your planetmu sub http://forum.watmm.com/tags/forums/Planet%2BMu/

etc etc

watmmers should use the forums tag-feature more.. than joyrex chooses (or by popular demand) tags to advertise or something

like so:

heres your trackermatte subforum http://forum.watmm.com/tags/forums/Trackermatte/

heres your planetmu sub http://forum.watmm.com/tags/forums/Planet%2BMu/

etc etc

well done

/ end thread

- butterflies congregating in the wet furrows of an old mud track winding through the middle of an orange grove in autumn.

- memories of old tin cans tethered to one another by string borrowed from grandmother's locked sewing cabinet. The can glinting in the sun as stephen cranes his head out of the treehouse window holding the can intently listening as his cousin holds the other as close as it will reach to the horn of a gramophone playing whistling dixy by the olde louisianna portobello marching band.

- Listening to the contented munching of the old mare as you feed her more apples. Her gentle trusting whiny a salve to the heart even on the saddest of days.

- puppies

- kittens

toplel

You forgot Yeezus, tho. (hope it was Stephen who claimed his love for Yeezus and not another member !!)

- puppies

- kittens

toplel

You forgot Yeezus, tho. (hope it was Stephen who claimed his love for Yeezus and not another member !!)

heh, i'm the yeezus whoreshipper, not stephg

- puppies

- kittens

toplel

heh, i'm the yeezus whoreshipper, not stephg

Lol definitely ooze.

I think yeezus is terrible :emotawesomepm9:

(ooze signature is in reply to a post I made on yeezus)

Yeah but I like "music", not some confused pre-op transvestite's coming out... ep...

News to me - link?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=burial+rival+dealer

Sounds like gender confusion to me.

No offense to anyone that falls under that umbrella of course. I just don't like it in my music that's all.

Guest skytree

Yeah but I like "music", not some confused pre-op transvestite's coming out... ep...

News to me - link?

No offense to anyone that falls under that umbrella of course. I just don't like it in my music that's all.

Just a sample - does not equate to it being his coming-out EP. Just a good example of the type of people who get too much shit in our culture, which is what I believe the message of the EP actually was, right? One of the few times Burial's gone on record to talk about the theme of a project.

Good on him for including it. My two cents.

Doesn't bother me in the least. One reason why I love New York - no room for intolerance here - just gets crushed by the necessity of living together.

I definitely vote yes for a bibio subforum. He's got quite an extensive catalog of old and new tunes to geek out over.

He also has more of an 'internet presence' than any of the other subforum artist, which, as lame as that sounds, is plenty to post and talk about.

News to me - link?

Just a sample - does not equate to it being his coming-out EP. Just a good example of the type of people who get too much shit in our culture, which is what I believe the message of the EP actually was, right? One of the few times Burial's gone on record to talk about the theme of a project.

Doesn't bother me in the least. One reason why I love New York - no room for intolerance here - just gets crushed by the necessity of living together.

Don't take me too seriously lol, I have a tendency to talk nonsense and offend people. I just don't like burial and especially dislike that release so I've built up my own backstory for him and the release.

tl;dr stepheng is crazy

Also no room for intolerance = not tolerating intolerance = ironic.

Guest skytree

News to me - link?

Don't take me too seriously lol, I have a tendency to talk nonsense and offend people. I just don't like burial and especially dislike that release so I've built up my own backstory for him and the release.

tl;dr stepheng is crazy

Also no room for intolerance = not tolerating intolerance = ironic.

All good man. It's not really that tolerance itself isn't tolerated here - no one really gives a fuck about what you do. It just doesn't survive very long in most areas (save the NYPD unfortunately) because it's impractical in a place where every nationality and ethnicity is in one city.

I definitely vote yes for a bibio subforum. He's got quite an extensive catalog of old and new tunes to geek out over.

He also has more of an 'internet presence' than any of the other subforum artist, which, as lame as that sounds, is plenty to post and talk about.

Agreed on all the above. Personally feel he's one of the greatest new assets Warp's got on their roster currently. I do feel he stretches himself a bit thin here and there by combining so many different styles but beyond all that he just has some excellent musical sensibility and skill, IMO. Even in all of the different stylistic approaches you can almost always tell it's him. Mark of a great artist to me personally.

• 7 months later...

Lets make a subforum for every moderately popular artist on WATMM!

Joyrex can just make some code that pulls the Boomkat top 20 at any given time and just populates, then rotates the sub forms with artists like Jamie XX, Prurient and Ekoplekz.

Archived