Aleksi Perälä - Midnight Sun

7 hours ago, sherkaner said:

I can always count on you to catch my references from like a quarter century ago. You also must be painfully old

A quarter of a century is nothing!

Those Sun Electric records still sound good to me in the right mood though. Takes me back to listening to them on San Francisco trains on my discman. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://aleksiperala.bandcamp.com/album/midnight-sun-1   This album deserves its own thread   This is special.   Crazy spastic drum breaks mixed with Colundi microtunings and tribal bongo beats

my girlfriend compared him to these Cafe Del Mar compilations

We're the happiest in the world, too. It's because we socially distance, even without the pandemic.

Posted Images

my take is that there are amazing tracks on all of them so far and you're a fool for not listening to everything he puts out. sifting through it all is part of the fun. the lesser tracks put you in colundi headspace and uncovering a gem is a great discovery

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

my take is that there are amazing tracks on all of them so far and you're a fool for not listening to everything he puts out. sifting through it all is part of the fun. the lesser tracks put you in colundi headspace and uncovering a gem is a great discovery

You're not wrong.  I get stoked for the sifting every time!

However, I do think that 4A may be his best overall album in the last 2 years, which is saying a lot given his volume of releases...anybody who doesn't like the treasure sifting that we do should at least listen to this one.  I just can't stop listening.

1 hour ago, dr lopez said:

He's put out some of my favorite electronic music over the last few years and I've bought everything he's put out. I think I'm going to have to start being more selective though. I'm definitely going to keep listening.

Well fuck I just saw this, and now I have a lot more Colundi loving to do. How exciting!

some incredible moments on 4A... flow is a little disjointed... but it hasn't left my head in a week. great stuff. gonna try 4B momentarily...

11 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

finland is so nice

We're the happiest in the world, too. It's because we socially distance, even without the pandemic.

https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/finnish-nightmares-introvert-comics-karoliina-korhonen-50-57cff961a883d__700.jpg

Finnish Nightmares

Finnish Nightmares

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Top stuff as usual. Also, received Oscillation 1 and 2 yesterday and it's really good IMHO 

@dr lopez curious about what you don't like in the 2 releases

Edited by d-a-m-o
On 1/8/2021 at 11:34 AM, cear said:

:]

KgLogOl.jpg

Will we be getting two more volumes just so Aleksi can fill the whole top level at Bandcamp?

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 2.16.33 PM.png

I hope there are two more!  Filling those top two levels would be pretty dope!  It's a beautiful picture already.

Finally listened to 4B a few times.  Beautiful and totally different from the others, but 4A is still my favorite of the whole bunch so far!

I assume we'll get one final midnight sun release to complete the two rows 🙂

Finally bought these all and working my way through them. Not enough time to listen to all the music I want to.

• Rubin Farr changed the title to Aleksi Perälä - Midnight Sun