IGNORED

Autechre. Live. Twentytwentytwo.

Iwanttobefree

More videos please. I nearly could make it for Terraforma. When I decided to go there were no more tickets. I'm so desperate to see them. Even looked for a flight to Athens for the next gig. Now trying to find tickets for the London shows. I'M READY!

• Like 1

Autechre live at the Acropolis is in just 24 hours, never thought I'd be typing that...

• Like 5

I arrive late (for unknown reasons my connection has been interrupted for two days) but I see that others have posted a bootleg, and of definitely higher quality than mine. I corrected all parameters of my recorder, but since there is no specific volume input, the bass still saturate. In any case, here is my shitty version:

https://sendgb.com/okTrpCGaZqR

Now I understand why the comments from the previous date were so dry: after such a thing you can only write "wtf" or similar. Impossible to describe what happens at that time, and bootlegs, even well-recorded ones, are nothing more than vague souvenirs. I try anyway: the behavior of the sound is indefinable, melodies and rhythms move, overlap and slide over each other; everything happens constantly, without the need for an apex (actually there are, but not in the traditional sense: it is an elusive world, on several levels, and plastic like never before).
One of the most intense sonic experiences I've ever had, for an hour I dropped all the shit I carry on my back, and became something else, of which I remember little, except that everything was totally absurd and perfect.

Thank you Ae.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 7

On 6/28/2022 at 10:08 PM, zaizai said:

Ok so I did plan to go to Terraforma festival in Milano, Italy, this Friday to (not) see ae in live (I’m living in Paris)

recently EasyJet did canceled many flights, at the last minute generally, cause they can’t find no crew anymore.

well done, I fly with EasyJet 

the people working in both Parisian airports are striking… on this day, Friday the 1st july of twentytwentytwo

hmmm I feel good luck on this one

ryanair are on strike too

ok,so, if I can get there, i’m a lucky bastard !

...how did it end?

38 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

I arrive late (for unknown reasons my connection has been interrupted for two days) but I see that others have posted a bootleg, and of definitely higher quality than mine. I corrected all parameters of my recorder, but since there is no specific volume input, the bass still saturate. In any case, here is my shitty version:

Now I understand why the comments from the previous date were so dry: after such a thing you can only write "wtf" or similar. Impossible to describe what happens at that time, and bootlegs, even well-recorded ones, are nothing more than vague souvenirs. I try anyway: the behavior of the sound is indefinable, melodies and rhythms move, overlap and slide over each other; everything happens constantly, without the need for an apex (actually there are, but not in the traditional sense: it is an elusive world, on several levels, and plastic like never before).
One of the most intense sonic experiences I've ever had, for an hour I dropped all the shit I carry on my back, and became something else, of which I remember little, except that everything was totally absurd and perfect.

Thank you Ae.

LOL: in the last seconds of the recording, amid the applause, you hear the people who have to pick me up while I have the characteristic facial expression from post-ae stress disorder: "we have to go ... can you do it ...? ... Do you feel bad ?..."

• Haha 2

On 7/2/2022 at 10:16 PM, Nenlow66 said:

holy shit...

ok i absolutely love this, ae beatfuckery at its finest. particularly digging the monochromatic palette, everything comes together so seamlessly, also the "shardy" sound-design itself, i mean like what is this i don't even. this recording does the thing alot more justice, still but a shadow of what i assume actually being there must have felt like. anywhoo the plasticity of onesix still seems to be in full effect. this and the last recording are hard to compare due to vastly differing quality levels, but aside from that they seem quite different on macro level already, like the second one's missing the slow build up of the first and going into ecol rather quickly. considering this it's a bummer they blew soundboarding the primavera one, a home reenactment would be much appreciated.

(edit: checking draft's recording rn and turns out that build up was just cut off lel... but still!)

happy for anyone able to catch the lads those next few dates, hoping more will be announced soon...

Edited by jaderpansen
  • Like 1

Rather different from the Primavera set, isn't it? Still a lot of that ecol4 DNA running through it but presenting more similarly to the SIGN version?

• Like 1

Right I'm already here at the acroyearpolis, as you can see there's a cornfield too. Cicadas are all over the place tuned to the song of acid mwan idle.

20220704_232209.jpg

• Like 12

22 hours ago, zaizai said:

I’m a lucky bastard !

Good!! we would have been 6 meters away, you on my left. Now I understand why I am the only one, among those who were with me, who does not complain about the talk of the people (first time in an ae gig): I had found the auric area of those who were there to listen.

The sound of the clip is devastating! it's not the first time that i-phone videos crush bootlegs: next time (c2c) I will trash the recorder. cell phone at full blast

On 7/4/2022 at 1:07 PM, Draft78 said:

Thank you Ae.

Thanks for the upload - it sounds gorgeous. Very liqidy

• Like 2

I actually really dig the lighting (orange-red neon). I wonder if there was any pushback on this from Ae or if they were cool with it. Maybe it was even their idea! But that would be unusual.

1 hour ago, mTesc said:

I actually really dig the lighting (orange-red neon). I wonder if there was any pushback on this from Ae or if they were cool with it. Maybe it was even their idea! But that would be unusual.

probably in the terraforma's case it was necessary to have a little light for safety and orientation reasons (those who were not immediately near the stage would have lost themselves in the various lanes of the park, among the pines), so they chose the least invasive solution. and with a connection to sign. The most beautiful luminous presence, however, was the north star - also this contingent i suppose...- which hung over our heads among the black branches of the trees

• Like 4

That lighting was only on for us to enter the theatre, there were zero lights during their entire set, so it was moonlit.

If you zoom into the first image you can see me standing there after the show..

image.thumb.png.1853934e844f26dc8c63ead70d6ae667.png

image.thumb.png.9e69b1cbd7ba2634449eab3d248e913d.png

Edited by kiya
  • Like 5