IGNORED

AE_Live 2022

YELLOW

On 9/6/2023 at 2:15 PM, BlockUser said:

Really? Well thanks, must have missed that. I like to have the AMAs on when I have the worst hangovers, quite soothing to have this calm voice talk about everything in the world, with nature grooving in the background. I'll have to get shit-faced this weekend so I can check again.

wOwOwOwOwOw at about 30 minutes into London B, why does it make me laugh so hard??

Why not just pay someone to get shitfaced for you?

21 hours ago, DyeMyBlueBlack said:

Why not just pay someone to get shitfaced for you?

trust issues

17 hours ago, IDEM said:

I'm still free this weekend!

only reading this now and I am shitfaced already but I'll DM you a pint of Cragganmore.

Had a lengthy discussion with this Scottish friend of mine at a bar, never knew he was into AE?!? He knew their discography pretty well, I was quite surprised. I usually refrain from talking about Autechre irl as it just sends me off on a monologue.

All the live sets have taken me a tremendous amount of time to get through, and I mean all of them since the 2014/15 ones, they're just so good that I go 1 by 1 over a few days for each, I get really attached to certain sections. That said, this starting section of Bergen and also Turin (well actually all the sets except London B), just the first 1-2 minutes, they sound so much like a procession to me. Steadily marching towards some shimmering light above a far away structure.

Edited by BlockUser
  • Like 3

After getting thru all the 2022 sets, London B is the standout one for me. Especially the final 10 minutes or so...slightly reminiscent of Weissensee but much more...mature. I hope their next LP/EP/whatever includes a track derived from this particular bit.

• Like 2

On 9/15/2023 at 12:16 PM, Scaramouche said:

Poster arrived today. Poster arrived today in a terrible condition.

Fuck you very much FedEx. A pox on your house.

Yeah mine arrived fucked up too, pretty sure lts due to a poor quality parcel.

and I had to pay 13€ for customs clearance. 

no Bueno bleep once again

when I bought the elseq print, it arrived in a strong tube parcel, but the print inside was all fucked up, all teared up, they had to resend me two times iirc.

they need someone qualified at the package service, I remember all EXAI vinyl copies have split seams, or bumped boxes, they resend me the boxset and inner sleeves without the vinyl inside.

🤡

• Sad 2

21 minutes ago, zaizai said:

no Bueno bleep once again

when I bought the elseq print, it arrived in a strong tube parcel, but the print inside was all fucked up, all teared up, they had to resend me two times iirc.

they need someone qualified at the package service, I remember all EXAI vinyl copies have split seams, or bumped boxes, they resend me the boxset and inner sleeves without the vinyl inside.

🤡

lol Remember the NTS box debacle ? With the warped vinyls ? Classic Blerp.

22 minutes ago, zaizai said:

Yeah, parcel seems a bit weak, mine was heavily bent in the centre

custom clearance... ouch. 

16 hours ago, IOS said:

The Bergen sequence starting at 38:41 is my favourite so far, the harmony is so good. Calm and turbulent at the same time.

gonk infinity

I am trapped in the immediately previous section, from 33:48 to 38:40, when that melody begins to emerge, divided between two if not 3 lines, on the same notes but in different keys, which follow each other without ever revealing themselves completely, and the kick becomes regular, but broken by progressive upbeat hiccups. There is a sense of levity that I could say touching, but overshadowed by something looming and "tragic"

• Like 2

...not having the file at hand to make the comparison, I wonder if the first Bergen (the one put online to repair technical problems during the show) is identical to the one put up for sale, or if it has some differences (... the mastering?)

9 hours ago, dcom said:

I've been listening to the live sets plenty of times, and I've repeatedly caught myself thinking "do I actually like this, or am I listening to it just because it's Autechre?"

I was listening to that Bergen gig whilst running the other day. Got mad runner's high at that 38:40 moment. pendulu hv moda induces the same thing as well.

I guess exercise makes you focus a lot because of its repetitive nature, you get exhausted, and so you don't have time to think whether you like a tune or not lol.

Try it. Now (@_@)

2 hours ago, Draft78 said:

...not having the file at hand to make the comparison, I wonder if the first Bergen (the one put online to repair technical problems during the show) is identical to the one put up for sale, or if it has some differences (... the mastering?)

It was the Helsinki set. I listen to this version a lot (the one for sale). And I do think it is mastered differently than the previous released Helsinki set. I cannot compare because I tossed away that version the day that the sets were available for sale on their site. Maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me.

• Thanks 1

On 9/17/2023 at 4:24 PM, trying to be less rude said:

are people thinking london b is more or less a jam?

first half could be , jamming the liveset making alternative things with it.

second half seems more foreseen, given that they start with this stuff in the sydney bootleg 1st half.  but who knows....

i'm pretty shure they have loads of stuff ready so that they could make 4 different sets right know.

Edited by neurone
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dcom said:

I've been listening to the live sets plenty of times, and I've repeatedly caught myself thinking "do I actually like this, or am I listening to it just because it's Autechre?"

I feel the same at times, but think thats ok. it's challenging music. 

15 minutes ago, gnarlybog said:

Yeah and there's no rush to understand the music or feel like you need to enjoy it. Some of their records I don't listen to very often because I just let them unfurl for me over the years. Some click instantly, some take a while

• Like 3

11 hours ago, dcom said:

That's a feeling that I've often had with Ae (and still have from time to time) and that I don't really get with any other artist. Listening to other artists, I usually just hit the skip button and forget about it, but with Ae I somehow always keep returning to stuff of theirs that I didn't like initially. I listened to Quarsitice for maybe a decade before getting into it haha. (It's now one of my fav records of theirs)

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, gnarlybog said:

I don't mind challenging, it's just so stochastic that it's almost random noise, and that's boring algorithmic nonsense. It's different live, when it's an experience, but listening to the recordings becomes almost a chore.

Edited by dcom

9 minutes ago, AnwarAutokino said:

That's a feeling that I've often had with Ae (and still have from time to time) and that I don't really get with any other artist. Listening to other artists, I usually just hit the skip button and forget about it, but with Ae I somehow always keep returning to stuff of theirs that I didn't like initially. I listened to Quarsitice for maybe a decade before getting into it haha. (It's now one of my fav records of theirs)

I definitely get this with Autechre, but also the other big 'IDM' names. When you've got artists who've made some of your all time favourite music you're going to give their newer stuff a lot more of a chance, even if you're not feeling it at the time.

I've been listening to Splesh or TBM2 or something, grimacing my way through and not actually enjoying it at all. With Autechre though I'll often come back to it another time and find something interesting there.

it's different with, for example, Unreal Square by Squarepusher. That went from 'I think this song's pretty bad' to 'This song absolutely sucks lol'.

• Like 1