IGNORED

New Autechre interview

Lianne

1 hour ago, exitonly said:

i hope this is one where they talk about doing acid with their mates and listening to electro

They do! Sean also mentions his love for 'Acid Eiffel' which was a nice surprise!

Phenomenal interview overall. Love the compositonal insights, and how they both describe this ambiguous emotional state that this sort of music can elicit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goiter Sanchez said:

They do! Sean also mentions his love for 'Acid Eiffel' which was a nice surprise!

Phenomenal interview overall. Love the compositonal insights, and how they both describe this ambiguous emotional state that this sort of music can elicit.

He posted acid Eiffel during the AMA if I remember correctly ! Also lol at that Egyptian Lover fanboys story ! Ae 4 life !

• Like 6

wrt the David Lynch love - i recenlty rewatched Twin Peaks the Return and making in my mind their 2022 livsets the soundtrack to all the in-beteen dream locations - the purple sea, the lodges, the electical byways. Stunning sounds

• Like 1

love love love to see this mentioned by Rob. Always thought it strange that it doesn't get ridiculed more often

I think we’ve also come from this kind of approach where we’re not Danny Rampling waving vinyl around, or suffering from that sort of visibly loud ‘hot encoder/hot fader’ syndrome. We’re just really so past, beyond that, we were always too self aware to actually let ourselves get away with that.

• Like 3

Danny Rampling, showboating superstar DJ from the 90s. Hot faders is that kind of exaggerated fingering of the controls you see youtubers doing a lot (FMV's post^^)

basically all the cheesey performative aspects of electronic music that ae are the antithesis of.

My fave nugget from this interview was finding out Rae was made during a hangover.

• Like 5

"So there are a finite number of parameter possibilities, right, so if you consider each parameter to be an axis, then you’ve got a multi dimensional parameter space, and you’re exploring that space, right? So you find which parts of the space you like the sound of, and you’ll realise if you move this slightly, that it suddenly becomes really attractive. It’s a bit like wandering around a fractal. " - Sean 

damn this shit is deep 🥸

• Like 5
  • Big Brain 1