IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys. I obviously already have the Streets Of Rage and the Sonic series on my computer (even some original Sonic cartridge on the megadrive) !

Will check Road Rash and Maximum Carnage (is this a spiderman game ? title sounds like a squarepusher tune ^^ )

Other ones I might check ?

Guest Fishtank

Magicka :sorcerer:

too glitchy.

no problems here and im on lvl 10, single player.

I haven't had any problems, I'm on the 4th level

there have been patches recently

just picked up infamous. It's fun, nothing breathtaking, but it's very satisfying to play. I'm just going to pick up everything as it becomes cheap. This is my plan, just play a couple years behind, i still have plenty to check out.

just picked up infamous. It's fun, nothing breathtaking, but it's very satisfying to play. I'm just going to pick up everything as it becomes cheap. This is my plan, just play a couple years behind, i still have plenty to check out.

Yeah, I prefer being quite behind, as usually I'm the play-it-once-and-not-touch-it-again type... and if I played everything when it was new, I would never have anything to play. [insert rant about most games' single player modes being too short/ lacking replayability here]

Also, my internet connection is too shit to play online (I get randomly disconnected from Live constantly), so that's not an option, nor do I generally enjoy it.

yeah, Maximum Carnage is a Spidey game, gets pretty difficult towards the end

some others I spent a lot of time playing were Earthworm Jim 2 (excellent), Adventures of Batman and Robin, NBA Jam and MK3

also Ecco, which was visually pleasing but frustrating to play

NBA Jam Tournament Edition is one of my favourite games, like, ever.

I remember Ecco too ! Never understood how to play it, will give it another try soon.

Thanks for all your propositions, will get it ASAP !!!

Oh and by the way, please WATMM let me know any other Megadrive/Genesis game that is cool enough to make me waste my time !!!

road rash 2

oh this for sure. mystic defenders and el viento are another 2 cracking games you need to play.

Oh and by the way, please WATMM let me know any other Megadrive/Genesis game that is cool enough to make me waste my time !!!

road rash 2

oh this for sure. mystic defenders and el viento are another 2 cracking games you need to play.

Will check it :gamer: I also downloaded some NES-emulator, and started playing Megaman (because the WATMM compilation asked for its context), and this is the lol.

If I fail at my exams this year it will be your fault !

Guest Enter a new display name

VdDb2.gif

I never really gave this game a chance when I was a kid, so I recently bought the PlayStation version.

Just finished Dead Space 2. Now I wait for Dragon Age 2, Diablo 3, SWTOR, and Mass Effect 3. 2011 is going to be a good year for gaming.

Mass Effect 2 - I'm not a fan. I finished Mass Effect 1 but can't say I loved it. Some of the dialogue is fun and the production values are high but there are too many awful design choices and too much mediocre gameplay for me to like these games. Planet scanning is ridiculous, I hate stupid hacking minigames, flying around on planets gets kinda samey etc. I just feel like I'm doing the same boring stuff all the time. I could go on about how stupid it is to include something like fuel and probe buying if it doesn't bring added value and you need to refuel every time you visit another solar system... I don't get it. The action is not bad if it weren't for the shitty unresponsive controls and another primitive cover system. I don't like this game. :shrug:

PES 2011 - I sold my PS3 and FIFA multiplayer on PC is a bit shit. So I'm trying to get into this again. Certainly different and rather quirky, but it has some nice moments. FIFA is the only PS3 game I'm missing. Playing ranked games (max 10% DNF) on a decent level was probably the most fun multiplayer experience I ever had.

BF:BC2/Vietnam: Pretty fun. I really suck at it though.

Mass Effect 2 - I'm not a fan. I finished Mass Effect 1 but can't say I loved it. Some of the dialogue is fun and the production values are high but there are too many awful design choices and too much mediocre gameplay for me to like these games. Planet scanning is ridiculous, I hate stupid hacking minigames, flying around on planets gets kinda samey etc. I just feel like I'm doing the same boring stuff all the time. I could go on about how stupid it is to include something like fuel and probe buying if it doesn't bring added value and you need to refuel every time you visit another solar system... I don't get it. The action is not bad if it weren't for the shitty unresponsive controls and another primitive cover system. I don't like this game. :shrug:

The Truth.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I agree about the probing and fuel purchasing criticisms but ME2 is a pretty damn good game IMHO. It plays/feels/looking amazing to me on PC.

AGAIN You might be surprised how much better a game feels with a good mouse and keyboard at 70+ FPS compared to unoptimized console controls with shitty frames per second

I just played a pretty bad ass mission ME2 & I gotta say as cool as it is ME2 is far from a perfect game. There were quite a few times when the cover system was acting kinda dumb. It's quite flawed I agree, I think it would be more so worth peoples time if they just sped up the pacing a bit though.

Uhh no ricky retardo I don't, despite you're narrow perspective that's not what I'm saying.. but I've never played Black Ops, Oh wait yeah I have because it's just another redundant COD rehash.

Well I am playing on the PC at vsynced 60fps and 1920x1080. :smile:

The problem is that when you decide to strafe or turn around, there are manoeuvring animations that make movement delayed and generally slow. If you're not aiming, you can't actually strafe. So when you want to strafe a bit to the side, your character needs to turn. But turning takes time and speed. So you can't do a quick right-left strafe because you'll be turning right, and all the way round again. It's obviously a design descision to give everything an extra sense of weight but I don't like it at all. Other 3rd person games like Assassin's Creed do get this right. Giving you great animations, a real sense of weight without compromising responsiveness. (edit: I just booted it up to check if what I'm saying is correct. Movement while aiming is generally good, it's movement when you're not aiming I hate)

There are other things I don't like about the controls as well. The controls are not made with a PC gamer in mind imo.

- Sprinting sucks because you can't turn for shit while sprinting

- You have to stop aiming pressing a button (holster). A normal third person shooter lets you aim with the right mouse and stops aiming when you let go. But in ME the right mouse button just gives you a completely unnecessary bit of extra zoom. This is especially a problem because I don't like the camera in aim mode for exploring but can't strafe in normal mode.

- Why can't I put weapons in my quickbar? I can only switch weapons with next and previous buttons? Ridiculous.

It's not like I haven't played it enough either since I finished ME1 and have probably invested 20-25 hours in ME2. I guess it's just not my type of game.

These controls issues are not the prime reason I don't like ME2 though. I just think it's riddled with stupid design choices like these and seems to be too worried about longevity. I don't care how many hours of gameplay are in it, I care about the amount of hours that are actually worthwile. It has more than enough content, so there's no need for all the unnecessary bloat.

VdDb2.gif

I never really gave this game a chance when I was a kid, so I recently bought the PlayStation version.

Great game. Solid story, awesome music, great customization on your characters. FF7 remains my favorite though.

Hey Ego, what are your PC specs?

Archived