IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

last night i screamed "SKYRIMMMM, SKYRIMMMMMM" at some people camping outside of gamestop.

Lol. Totally not going to the skyrim midnight release...

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just played through the first 3 missions of modern warfare 3. after spending the past couple of weeks playing battlefield 3, it was like going back to random tony hawk game after playing skate. i really thought i would like it more, but i kinda got the same feeling as when i watched the third transformers movie, i get that the constant chaos is supposed to get my adrenaline pumping but it doesn't impress me one bit and is pretty much just one big yawn timestretched over 5 hours. looked better in the trailers.

also, playing this after spending time with bf3 really makes you appreciate good sound design. mw3 sounds like it's in mono and i had to actually check my sound settings to be sure they weren't all screwed up.

funny you should say this because i feel the same way. playing now and having fun, but the game is like a toy compared to the reality of battlefield3. i have a lot more respect for batlefield3 and its developers.

mw3 sounds like it's in mono and i had to actually check my sound settings to be sure they weren't all screwed up.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised by Gametrailers' comment on the sound design on MW3, because they make it sound as if the sound design made them drop their pants and do the helicopter, and from what I've heard it doesn't sound any better than it used to - and that's not good. The sound design isn't dynamic at all.

funny you should say this because i feel the same way. playing now and having fun, but the game is like a toy compared to the reality of battlefield3. i have a lot more respect for batlefield3 and its developers.

Please tell me none of you actually expected MW3 to be anything other than it is: MW2 with minor tweaks.

i just played through the first 3 missions of modern warfare 3. after spending the past couple of weeks playing battlefield 3, it was like going back to random tony hawk game after playing skate. i really thought i would like it more, but i kinda got the same feeling as when i watched the third transformers movie, i get that the constant chaos is supposed to get my adrenaline pumping but it doesn't impress me one bit and is pretty much just one big yawn timestretched over 5 hours. looked better in the trailers.

also, playing this after spending time with bf3 really makes you appreciate good sound design. mw3 sounds like it's in mono and i had to actually check my sound settings to be sure they weren't all screwed up.

excellent point. battlefield 3 gets so much right when it comes to sound.

so much to love about bf3

I've not played BF3 yet, but the sound design in BC2 was probably the best I've encountered in an FPS. The muted, bass-heavy sound of distant gunfire over the big maps was simply incredible - so evocative. It made the battles feel huge.

I've not played BF3 yet, but the sound design in BC2 was probably the best I've encountered in an FPS. The muted, bass-heavy sound of distant gunfire over the big maps was simply incredible - so evocative. It made the battles feel huge.

the reverb was actually very realistic. if you listen to real urban gunbattles it sounds exactly the same, that high snappy crack followed by a long tail. In COD games there is almost no ambient noise, or very dry ambient noise. Does make it easier to soundwhore(like acid1 was saying), but not as realistic.

I get all funny in my stomach when I think about the sound design in BC2, they completely nailed it.

Still not played BF3 either, I'll have to get on it.

l.a noire on pc, just got into it, pretty great so far, those facial animation are hands down state of the art.

the first time i watched mad men was this summer and i was totally confused about ken cosgrove. i knew that i had seen the actor in some other movie and then it finally hit me: "holy shit, it's cole phelps!"

I just beat MGS2. Forgot how awesome this series really is. I'm off to play MGS3 now. I'm gonna play it on an easier difficulty so I can finish the game before Skyrim comes out on Friday. Man I'm so pumped for Skyrim.

I passed my goal of getting 2000 trophies before the year is over. Huzzah!

I just beat MGS2. Forgot how awesome this series really is. I'm off to play MGS3 now. I'm gonna play it on an easier difficulty so I can finish the game before Skyrim comes out on Friday. Man I'm so pumped for Skyrim.

Man, wasen't MGS2 the craziest ending you've ever seen in a video game? I finished that game off on 4/20 a couple years ago and needless to say I thought my head was gonna explode.

that reminds me i never finished MGS4....i got to the final act (on the ship) and got so frustrated about infiltrating hte inner decks that i gave up.

I get all funny in my stomach when I think about the sound design in BC2, they completely nailed it.

Still not played BF3 either, I'll have to get on it.

i loved BC. never played BC2. the bf3 beta was pretty off-putting. i'm hearing that it's not that great.

Man, wasen't MGS2 the craziest ending you've ever seen in a video game? I finished that game off on 4/20 a couple years ago and needless to say I thought my head was gonna explode.

It is one of the main reasons why it is my favorite MGS game. Can't wait to play it again in HD. also SR4 you should finish MGS4, it is a pretty satisfying and epic ending. There is like an hour long cutscene at the end too.(or something like that). that last level is hard though, I admit I was stuck on it for a long time.

I just finished the main story for arkham city.(I think...) Kind of disappointed because I didn't expect it to be over so quickly. I thought it was just getting started, but I guess there is a so much packed into the city that I can't really pass judgement yet. The bosses were all really good. Time to check out some side-missions and exploration, which I neglected for the most part. I don't think I want to do a new game +, mainly because I think it would just be frustrating without counter-attack cues.

It is one of the main reasons why it is my favorite MGS game. Can't wait to play it again in HD. also SR4 you should finish MGS4, it is a pretty satisfying and epic ending. There is like an hour long cutscene at the end too.(or something like that). that last level is hard though, I admit I was stuck on it for a long time.

I just finished the main story for arkham city.(I think...) Kind of disappointed because I didn't expect it to be over so quickly. I thought it was just getting started, but I guess there is a so much packed into the city that I can't really pass judgement yet. The bosses were all really good. Time to check out some side-missions and exploration, which I neglected for the most part. I don't think I want to do a new game +, mainly because I think it would just be frustrating without counter-attack cues.

Yeah, MGS has to be my favourite game series. My fav game is still FF7, but my fav series is MGS. The ending for MGS2 was absolutely insane. I remember the day it came out, I played and beat the game in one sitting. At about 3am , when everything is pitch black except for the light from the TV, Is when the creepy Codec calls start. It scared the crap outta me. I thought my PS2 was possessed or something. MGS3 has to be the best game in the series though.

Arkham City was great. I didn't want it to end, but alas it did. I wish it was longer. There's still a bunch of side missions that I have to do though. However, I lent my copy to a friend. Oh well, I've got tons of other games to play.

*scurries off to play MGS3*

yeah by the time I got to MGS4, graphics were amazing, but the whole game seemd sorta "meh"....im close to finishing it and I don't feel like the case was cracked open so to speak...and there wasn't nearly as much sneaking in this one as the other games...I liked being confined within certain areas trying to find a diplomat/high-clearance military official...everything in MGS is dead or abandoned or a warzone...i dunno, maybe Im being too harsh, but coming oof the absolute pinnacle of a next-gen game that was MGS3, MGS4 pales in comparison.

Archived