IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Just started reckoning and final fantasy xiii-2. Great games both of them!

Did you play FF XIII before?

Joyrex, you are not allowed to make fun of FF13 unless you got to chapter 11 or chapter 13.

I guess that didn't come out right... I was trying to ask him if he had ever played FF XIII before, and what he thinks of XIII-2 compared to it.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joyrex, you are not allowed to make fun of FF13 unless you got to chapter 11 or chapter 13.

I guess that didn't come out right... I was trying to ask him if he had ever played FF XIII before, and what he thinks of XIII-2 compared to it.

Currently playing FF13 - 2, liking it alot better than the first. A lot more freedom and side quests. I would have liked to have seen the battle system reworked but......oh, and that god damn mog voice actor fired!

Guest disparaissant

i got the humble android bundle and have been playing osmos a bunch, it is fantastic. the music is great and it is just so amazingly relaxing and zen and fun.

i wish toki tori worked on ICS, it looks p cute.

KoA: Reckoning is getting better and better. I have some really awesome armour and weapons. There is tons of stuff to do. It's great. I'm level 15, my armour rating is over 500 now, I have 250,000 gold, my weapons are getting close to 100 damage now, my health is nearing 300HP. Boss battles are pretty fun.

I think I criticized Batman Arkham City a few pages back.

I really have to take that back. The game is incredible, especially once you've unlocked more gadgets/moves. It makes the combat is so much fun.

The city is awesome (a bit small maybe). Shitloads of batman villians. And Riddler trophies are actually fun collecting. And I usually hate collecting stuff in games.

Overall this game is very worthy of the hype. I was too quick to judge it.

I finnished skyrim!! i think

i did all the quests i could do and i had a million lol's, a lot of them were bugged like hell

hope they come with an expansion soon

now i'm gonna play MW3 again (fuck battlephield), i kick ass at it you noobz

Guest Pennywise

I finnished skyrim!! i think

i did all the quests i could do and i had a million lol's, a lot of them were bugged like hell

hope they come with an expansion soon

now i'm gonna play MW3 again (fuck battlephield), i kick ass at it you noobz

I started Skyrim this week. I'm playing it on expert mode and it can be pretty tough at times. I literally need my follower to go in and attack so I can go in and finish the job. At times i'll get cocky and run in with my warhammer and get killed with 2 swings of a sword by an enemy.

I'm loving it a lot though, i totally enjoy it being hard because It is more rewarding when you improve. the dragon fights are a bit boring in my opinion. I get fucked by its breath attack so it involves a lot of hiding. So many missions though, you talk to anyone in a town and they are like, 'shit i really need my sword that bandits stole and took to a mountain'.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

I am in a complete state of euphoria.

Nice. Metal Gear Solid 3 might just be the best game ever made. It's up there anyway. Along side Final Fantasy 7.

Uncharted 3 - just as lush as the second one but the game seems more cinematic than gameplay (which I think seems a little clunky compared to the other two) however it does get more tricky as the game goes on and now I'm going to have to stop playing it cos it ain't my copy.

soon blockbuster adventure movies will become a thing of the past if games go on like this

Guest ansgaria

Nice. Metal Gear Solid 3 might just be the best game ever made. It's up there anyway. Along side Final Fantasy 7.

Ahem.

"I'm stiiiill in a dreeeeam. SNAAAAKE EEEEAATEEEEEEER".

That is all.

Played Kingdoms of Amalur for 6 hours and decided that my character looked shitty so I made a new, female one. So far I'm really liking it. Especially the graphics. The gameplay is really fun as well. Everything feels a bit childish tho, I can't really feel any connection with most of the characters because all of them are somehow retarded.

For about five hours, then I gave up on it. Hated the linearity, but everything else was ok. I had to restart 2 four hours in though because I started at a friend's house on his profile, and the game save can't be transferred between profiles via usb stick.

KoA is still fun, but the lack of connection to the world is aggravating... I think the camera angle, being so far away from the character, is part of it... and Salvatore's story can fuck right off... but it's got good combat and loot.

I spent a lot of time on FF13. Omega weapons, 5 starring the open battles and all that. A friend of mine into FF played through 13-2. He said it just wasn't worth it so I said fuck it. I wasn't really a big fan of 13's story and from what I hear, 13-2 is heavily story based. I enjoyed the battle system and would like to see it expanded; but I'm not going to sit around watching Fal'Cunt cut scenes with all the JRPG tropes in full affect so that I can have fun playing with my monster pals.

I started FF6 instead of 13-2 to fill the void. I was always told IV is up there as one of the best. So far so good, I have been impressed with nearly every aspect of the game. About 6/7 hours in, just got me some Espers. After this I think I will run through VII again. I long for materia combinations.

Still playing Mortal Kombat everyday.

i love mk9 and there is a trick on youtube to get the test your luck trophee (ps3?)

i never had a game that gave me so much hatemail in my life, love it but it's too bad the developers got the cash and let the game die

looking forward to mk10, hatemail rules

Guest Pennywise

I spent a lot of time on FF13. Omega weapons, 5 starring the open battles and all that. A friend of mine into FF played through 13-2. He said it just wasn't worth it so I said fuck it. I wasn't really a big fan of 13's story and from what I hear, 13-2 is heavily story based. I enjoyed the battle system and would like to see it expanded; but I'm not going to sit around watching Fal'Cunt cut scenes with all the JRPG tropes in full affect so that I can have fun playing with my monster pals.

I started FF6 instead of 13-2 to fill the void. I was always told IV is up there as one of the best. So far so good, I have been impressed with nearly every aspect of the game. About 6/7 hours in, just got me some Espers. After this I think I will run through VII again. I long for materia combinations.

Still playing Mortal Kombat everyday.

why did they get rid of materia? It was perfect.

I recently played my way through all of the Assassin's creed games on the PC, what a series that is! Thouroughly enjoyed the story and the game play.

I also finished Bastion, such a special little game.

And i purchased a couple of controllers so ive been having fun kicking the shit out of my friend on street fighter IV and marvel vs capcom.

good times lately

why did they get rid of materia? It was perfect.

I haven't played too many from the franchise, but yeah; no combat system has ever compared to 7's. Got a shit load of Espers now, which has made things a bit more interesting. I don't like the way 6 has specific characters with specific abilities; dance, rage, tools, etc. I want to be able to have all those options available, and move them around freely from character to character.

i love mk9 and there is a trick on youtube to get the test your luck trophee (ps3?)

i never had a game that gave me so much hatemail in my life, love it but it's too bad the developers got the cash and let the game die

looking forward to mk10, hatemail rules

I play Noob Spambot online; everyone hates me.

They didn't do a bad job necessarily; there were a lot of balance issues that were fixed. They listened to the community when certain nerfs/buffs needed to happen; and what is left is a relatively balanced game in terms of tier list. Every character is usable, unlike a lot of other fighters. That aside; they could have done a lot more, so you're right. They cashed in using the Mortal Kombat name, when they could have extended the games popularity and lifetime if they had put some more time into developing the serious/competitive side of the game. Too niche of a market I guess.

ff7 definitely had the best materia/spell system, but FFX's combat system was pretty much the apex of turn-based RPGs....no im not joking, you could say everything else about that game sucked, but the combat was nigh-on flawless.

FF12 had nice smooth in-map combat which was definitely a plus to some extent, but the Espers and all that shit were nerfed to the point of complete uselessness, and the license system made NO FUCKING SENSE WHATSOEVER.

anyways, replaying Fallout 3, started up the Pitt add-on...finally decided to collect all the steel ingots....found about 80 of them and then tried to enter the supply shack....game freeze.....so i restart the system...and im back down to 15 ingots

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Ahem.

"I'm stiiiill in a dreeeeam. SNAAAAKE EEEEAATEEEEEEER".

That is all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk8TEujsJNc&list=FLxIhUw0Wg3MrBKKKSQay33Q&index=38&feature=plpp_video

FF12 had nice smooth in-map combat which was definitely a plus to some extent, but the Espers and all that shit were nerfed to the point of complete uselessness, and the license system made NO FUCKING SENSE WHATSOEVER.

Yeah, I never bothered with Espers or Quickenings... and the License Board is my favourite FF levelling system ever. I could make anyone any role I wanted, which was great... though I'll agree that it's probably the wackiest leveling system they've used.

I wish more games had the depth of Ai setup that XII had... Gambits made the game for me. DA:O had the same idea, but the ai system in that game was so inflexible I found it almost useless.

Archived