IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody playing the new fan-made Portal 2 levels on Steam? I just downloaded Portal 2 on my Mac just to play around with the community levels and the level creator myself. There is a 12-puzzle pack that is pretty popular on there right now and it's tough!

sniper elite v2. beautiful gfx. kind of creepy/gore bullet physics. Bullets slow down and you get a glimpse of the targets innards/muscular/skeletal system before the bullet continues to rip/tear/break through the body.

testing an mmo called The Secret World. So far not very impressed. Made by Funcom (age of conan).

One day narrative and direction of mainstream games will move forward from that of early 80s films.

this sounds way too cheesy / low quality for a rockstar game though, 'specially compared to the narrative of red dead redemption for example, or la noire.

One day narrative and direction of mainstream games will move forward from that of early 80s films.

this sounds way too cheesy / low quality for a rockstar game though, 'specially compared to the narrative of red dead redemption for example, or la noire.

But that's what the Max Payne games have always sounded like. They've always sounded like over the top hardcore comic books. You don't change that.

Agreed. It's exactly what it should be, overly melodramatic. There's a strong undertone of black comedy throughout the Max Payne games and I wouldn't have it any different.

And to think... I was well against Max Payne 3 before... I can't wait for it now.

Agreed. It's exactly what it should be, overly melodramatic. There's a strong undertone of black comedy throughout the Max Payne games and I wouldn't have it any different.

Exactly!

For instance...

Keep watching...

Made by Funcom (age of conan).

When I think of Funcom I think of Anarchy Online, I wasted way too much of my life playing that.

Exactly!

For instance...

Keep watching...

Hey that's really ace - I love games that go all location-crazy (Eg. Nowhere in Silent Hill 1, the void section of Final Fantasy V, when cloud goes nuts in Final Fantasy VII, the erm Castle of Dreams bit of Granny's Garden) - can anyone think of other examples of games that do this

got access to the new DDO (dungeons and dragons online) expansion, will report back soon

recently ive been playing path of exile beta (amazing game)

dungeon defenders - cool tower defence game slightly similar to all orcs must die

Guest Enter a new display name

I have spent almost 40 hours on Okami. I am nearing the end and I must say this game is fucking awesome!

Exactly!

For instance...

Keep watching...

Hey that's really ace - I love games that go all location-crazy (Eg. Nowhere in Silent Hill 1, the void section of Final Fantasy V, when cloud goes nuts in Final Fantasy VII, the erm Castle of Dreams bit of Granny's Garden) - can anyone think of other examples of games that do this

This is why I have great fate in Rockstar bringing back Max Payne. Rockstar was able to pull off some weird shit in Red Dead Redemption even though it was set in the real world. Not just weird for the sake of being weird. It felt like it meant something - and it did.

For those of you who have played Red Dead Redemption, I'm talking about...

the mysterious God-like guy you meet out in the middle of nowhere and who seems to know everything about John Marsh

...such a fucking great game. Best game this generation.

Exactly!

For instance...

Keep watching...

Eternal Darkness for the Gamecube was full of awesome weird crap like that. Such a good game. you have an insanity meter, and when it is depleted, weird stuff starts happening.

2:20 is a cool one. you go to save your game and... watch...

still playin CoD:MW3 (i think im getting better? my kill:death ratio is 0.50 lol)

and Kessen III....goddamn it im going to keep mentioning this game here until I convert someone.

Guest AcrossCanyons

Fire Emblem (Fire Emblem 6).

Oops, meant 7, not 6. I downloaded 6 earlier though, gonna have to give it a jam after.

Guest Enter a new display name

Going to get into Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory next

quality soundtrack

By that guy who made ISAM? LOL!!!

Edit: new page

Archived