IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

yeah tinker tailor was solid. i didnt know the material beforehand so i didnt have that issue but i wasn't confused at many points and i think you were supposed to be confused at those points as they hadnt revealed yet

class of 1999 - what a disappointment. its got everything i love - the 80s camera style, the cyberpunkishness, random smoking tires.. and yet it failed. it's just so stupid. even for a sci-fi movie.

lol at ed chigliak, though

Hugo 0/10

goddamn i hated this. my expectations weren't huge but I had some due to it winning best cinematography oscar etc. IT WAS SO BLUE AND ORANGE I WANTED TO TAKE A SHIT AND RUB IT IN MY EYES. best cinematography my fucking ass. i kinda wish i had seen it in 3D as it was awful in 2D and maybe that was the point of this film? an hour in i was ready to turn it off but persisted. it picked up a little with the film history parts which was easily the most interesting part of this crap. it may have been intended for children but that doesn't mean you have to insult adults. killer elite was better than this

Timecrimes - 10/10! fucking loved this movie! i've instantly become a huge fan of nacho vigalondo. i hope i can find a way to see his new one, extraterrestre, which i believe is being released in spain in a week or two.

also his short films are great, especially this one:

http://vimeo.com/3628021

I can't seem to make it all the way through 'Hugo'...and I think because it is shit as BC pointed out. The scene with the pages flying around almost made me throw up for some reason. Such bad animation while so many great films were made last year. The oscars are not getting anymore love from this film fanatic. It has been a tradition in my home to watch them every year. I might never see 'The Artist' due to my academy hatred atm.

Timecrimes - 10/10! fucking loved this movie! i've instantly become a huge fan of nacho vigalondo. i hope i can find a way to see his new one, extraterrestre, which i believe is being released in spain in a week or two.

also his short films are great, especially this one:

http://vimeo.com/3628021

thanks for the info about the new one, i really liked timecrimes and this short one too !

The scene with the pages flying around almost made me throw up for some reason.

oh god that scene looked so bad. maybe it looked great in 3D?

The Artist deserved the praise it got i think. totally different fish to hugo. problem is now the expectations are higher for it. i thought it was....lovely. i think you'd like it

Everyone I know is saying they enjoy 'The Artist', so I will be seeing it sooner or later.

Watched 'Tucker and Dale vs. Evil' on blu-ray last night. This film makes me double over in laughter. Love it! You might have to be a southerner in the US to fully enjoy it. The gore in it is so extreme as well. So beware.

tears of gaza - goddamn you lisa gerrard

manufacturing consent - a 3 hour commercial of an extremely outdated book, only the parts where chomsly gives a good answer to an argument are present, the whole east timor - vietnam/cambodia thing is factually false as the coverage was very proportional to the number of casualties in both conflicts, chomsky's wooing of controversial figures only proves to me once again that he's more of a media-whore/propagandist than a serious researcher.

oh eugene you poor bastard. :cry:

also, it is no longer possible for me to listen to dead can dance without thinking of melodramatic scenes from movies, like children starving or heroes being slain and whatnot.

i'm not sure what you meant with the first sentence, but i was just extremely disappointed that a musician i like a lot is associated with that crap.

saw herzog's new doc "into the abyss" - weird, it kinda veered from banal to utterly devastating, some of herzog's questions to his fascinating interviewees were pretty damn dumb, the 2 small bits with jason burkett's wife were stunning.

Watched 'Tucker and Dale vs. Evil' on blu-ray last night. This film makes me double over in laughter. Love it! You might have to be a southerner in the US to fully enjoy it. The gore in it is so extreme as well. So beware.

Really? It's on Netflix so I might consider it... The cover makes it look like Larry the Cable Guy with a Chainsaw which makes me bleed out my anus.

Really? It's on Netflix so I might consider it... The cover makes it look like Larry the Cable Guy with a Chainsaw which makes me bleed out my anus.

Man it's a fantastic movie. Funny as fuck and the main characters are well likeable. Definitely check it out. Great role reversal of the slasher genre, proper comedy of errors.

Guest Teribal Felafal

has anyone seen Immortals ? as dumb-fun movies go, is it any good?

Watched it the other night and enjoyed the heck out of it in a switch-your-brain-off kinda way. The director previously made the films 'The Cell' and 'The Fall' with all the weird and inspiring imagery, some of that carries on into this film too.

Archived