IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vodor

rubber - 2/5 - pretentious, unfunny garbage. i forget why it gets a 2/5 instead of a 1/5... there was something about it that i liked.... i think it was the idea that there's no point in doing something if no one is watching. that was kinda cool. some of the shots are visually appealing. i think the movie could have decent if they played it like a straight horror/slasher film where a tire kills people instead of being like "lol we so random and absurd, oui?" the monologue at the beginning was horrible and made me hate the movie straight away. and those stefan chairs from ikea weren't assembled correctly. that's why they fall apart so easily.

the only reason this guy got to make the movie is because he's mr. oizo, which bugs the hell out of me. some deserving, aspiring filmmaker with no track record who has a great idea and the ability to deliver it doesn't get to make his movie, but this guy does. lame.

i still like his music though.

super was not a film i enjoyed, exactly, felt too much like a cheap rip of kickass, which was cheap enough to begin with, but goddamnit ellen page does something to my groin the whole time im watching her.

especially when she starts raping people

i recommend you watch Hard Candy (nah i don't really... well, maybe... nah)

naaaaaaaahhhhhh

:sleep:

no dont its awful

The dinos and quite a bit of things were CGI in The Tree Of Life

oh well

since Fred isn't here: don't and it's

and yes, the heading of my review of 'The Tree of Life' would read as follows: CGI Dinosaurs suck it up in artsy film about director's "normal" childhood with added hours of whispering for dramatic effect.

rubber - 2/5 - pretentious, unfunny garbage. i forget why it gets a 2/5 instead of a 1/5... there was something about it that i liked.... i think it was the idea that there's no point in doing something if no one is watching. that was kinda cool. some of the shots are visually appealing. i think the movie could have decent if they played it like a straight horror/slasher film where a tire kills people instead of being like "lol we so random and absurd, oui?" the monologue at the beginning was horrible and made me hate the movie straight away. and those stefan chairs from ikea weren't assembled correctly. that's why they fall apart so easily.

the only reason this guy got to make the movie is because he's mr. oizo, which bugs the hell out of me. some deserving, aspiring filmmaker with no track record who has a great idea and the ability to deliver it doesn't get to make his movie, but this guy does. lame.

Watched this a few weeks a go. I feel you, bro...

xfylqu.jpg

part 1 - 7/10

omg so fucking awesome and hilarious and gay and 70s all at the same time. Fassbinder is incredible and enigmatic. You finish the film and think, "yeah that was alright" but it just sticks with you forever. The sounds and lines and closeups. Unforgettable! He has the most "why the fuck did that man just grab a dildo from nowhere" moments of any director.

My fav fassbinder interview (they are all amazing) was where he answered a questionnaire from german schoolchildren.

Q: What do you think is needed for a perfect sunday morning?

A: Caviar, champagne, the eighth symphony of mahler, "Radio-Activity" by Kraftwerk, the Sunday Bild Paper, a friend, a good friend, and the possibility to unplugging the phone.

:lol:

Data if you haven't seen chinese roulette, possibly my fav and I've seen most of them!

never heard of the guy before, but was really pleasantly surprised by world on a wire (so far anyway, im saving part 2 till tomorrow).

Belly - wtf/10 , is it just me or do they not make movies like they used to? The movie is seriously sloppy in some parts, but highly entertaining and stylized in others. It kind of reminds me of a more sexy good looking version of Blow about black drug dealers mashed up with the visual look of the Cell. I enjoyed it but the story becomes pretty incoherent at certain points.

the fucking banana.

Actually Dupieux has been a video-/filmmaker from long before he became a musician. If anything, he just (ab)uses his current status as Mr Oizo to make the films that he couldn't make when he himself was just that "aspiring filmmaker with no track record".

I appreciated Rubber, but probably because I'm familiar with where Dupieux's coming from (his earlier film work, influence from guys like Bunuel, a sort of rebellious attitude towards French mainstream cinema). I can understand it coming across as pretentious nonsense if you haven't seen any of his previous stuff (although the tongue-in-cheek humour of his music gives a good indication on how to "read" his work).

My main problem with the film is that it was too long. Would have worked better as a 20-40 minute film.

My main problem with the film is that it was too long. Would have worked better as a 20-40 minute film.

yes, i would take the tire gang out...

The Royal Tenenbaums - I get Wes' shtick but the characters were likeable enough for me to get past the OCD camera work / whimsical plot detours / colours and exotica... probably 8/10<br /><br />Boogie Nights - bit of a shame to finish my PTA jizzathon on this as it's not up there with YOU KNOW; wish I could care more about Hoffman, Guzman, Moore (the 'OMG you aint my momma' bit couldve been taken further, she was underused). A lot of bit parts really, though this was offset by me not hating Marky Mark (surprise) - 7/10<br /><br />Cremaster 3 - *checks wiki* ... so this guy's a sculptor and he's Bjork's boy - yeah ok, skip. (watched about 30mins of thid but I can only take so many scenes of cement-filling a butthole)

no/10

* edit

The Royal Tenenbaums - I get Wes' shtick but the characters were likeable enough for me to get past the OCD camera work / whimsical plot detours / colours and exotica... probably 8/10

Boogie Nights - bit of a shame to finish my PTA jizzathon on this as it's not up there with YOU KNOW; wish I could care more about Hoffman, Guzman, Moore (the 'OMG you aint my momma' bit couldve been taken further, she was underused). A lot of bit parts really, though this was offset by me not hating Marky Mark (surprise) - 7/10

Cremaster 3 - *checks wiki* ... so this guy's a sculptor and he's Bjork's boy - yeah ok, skip. (watched about 30mins of this but I can only take so many scenes of cement-filling a butthole)

no/10

cabinmondo.jpg?1334412920

The Cabin in the Woods - 9/10 - This is pretty much why I love film. There are serious film films and then there are films that make you forget you are in the theatre because they are so much fucking fun, they allow you to truly escape. Okay so now I have properly hyped this shit up let me say this, most of you will not like this film. You will call it cliche, an homage to too many other films or directors. After having witnessed this majestic piece of cinematic gold, I saw what it would be like if Sam Raimi, Stephen Spielberg, Joe Dante, Tobe Hooper, Richard Matheson, H P Lovecraft, Peter Jackson, and George Romero all genetically engineered a child in the form of a film, this would be that mother fucking film. Don't let anyone spoil it for you. Go see it if you want amazing fun in your fucking eyeball-ear-brains!

cabinmondo.jpg?1334412920

The Cabin in the Woods - 9/10 - This is pretty much why I love film. There are serious film films and then there are films that make you forget you are in the theatre because they are so much fucking fun, they allow you to truly escape. Okay so now I have properly hyped this shit up let me say this, most of you will not like this film. You will call it cliche, an homage to too many other films or directors. After having witnessed this majestic piece of cinematic gold, I saw what it would be like if Sam Raimi, Stephen Spielberg, Joe Dante, Tobe Hooper, Richard Matheson, H P Lovecraft, Peter Jackson, and George Romero all genetically engineered a child in the form of a film, this would be that mother fucking film. Don't let anyone spoil it for you. Go see it if you want amazing fun in your fucking eyeball-ear-brains!

dang! well okay then...

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Flol @ the guy saying mr. oizo only got to make a film because of a levi's commercial

Rubber was fun and weird. I liked it I think.

Archived