IGNORED

WATMM 1998-2005

kakapo

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its a shame that watmm didn't have backups when it went down 2 or 3 times early this decade.

All that history lost.

say what you like about XLT, but their post history is unbroken and goes back to at least 2000. If you have the patience to move back through their history far enough you can go and see what people were writing about on Sep 11th 2001 ... its actually pretty interesting.

At the moment watmms post history only goes back to november 2005.

I do have backups, but they were from prior versions of the board, etc. - it would take too much effort to try and merge the old data with the current data.

And the reason XLT's history goes back to 2000 is because they are still using software written in 2000! :laughing:

if we managed to merge the backups with the current board then there would be at least a month of bumping old threads

an archive URL for the olllld iterations of watmm would be pretty sweet. you could go through and browse but it'd be read only so you wouldnt lose any action on this board.

if we managed to merge the backups with the current board then there would be at least a month of bumping old threads

an archive URL for the olllld iterations of watmm would be pretty sweet. you could go through and browse but it'd be read only so you wouldnt lose any action on this board.

This would be sick!

hey, joyrex has put it up!

http://archive.watmm.com

Fucking LOL! I remember that!

Seriously, though - while a read-only archive would be *great* to have, shouldn't my rather limited time and energies be focused on getting the site going again?

Seriously, though - while a read-only archive would be *great* to have, shouldn't my rather limited time and energies be focused on getting the site going again?

yeah i guess so, either that, or creating a poop brown skin for the forum

yeah i guess so, either that, or creating a poop brown skin for the forum

I've actually been toying with taking WATMM back to orange as one of the colours...

Yup. Although, it wouldn't be the overused orange of designs about 2 years ago or so - it would be a refreshing, unique orange, almost leaning towards a more reddish orange.

it would be interesting to see how much a drastic color change would influence the overall mood around here. i bet it would be significant and fascinating.

Well, considering how crabby people get about a signature separator...

BTW, I'm changing that too today, after lunch - you heard it here first.

Watch the sparks fly!

Atop - Planetoid is still here?

what name does he post under?

My usernames Always Suck

The truth!

How are you Sir Realist?

We do miss you here man...

i'm good fella, thanks for askin

how is Austin?

I am fine as well...

Austin is good and about to get quite warm!

Luckily we have cold springs here...

Archived