IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps

jules

Mh... i find it rather disappointing. The melodies & harmonics are quite jazz-band in autechre terms & the songs are to similiar to each other... too much high melodies all the time. Anyway seeing them live at berghain in april will be amazing!

:beer: glad to see someone new here learning the lingo so fast

hrhr thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man it's been so long since I downloaded and pre-ordered this I totally forgot about it ... but the lovely big box full of 12'' goodness has just arrived on my desk. Smells like WARP.

Man it's been so long since I downloaded and pre-ordered this I totally forgot about it ... but the lovely big box full of 12'' goodness has just arrived on my desk. Smells like WARP.

Since you guys are starting to get it, I wonder when I'll get mine what with being on the west coast of the US...

Since you guys are starting to get it, I wonder when I'll get mine what with being on the west coast of the US...

I haven't got mine yet mate and I live in England. Just hang five dude!

if you ordered yours after March 6th you won't get yours until around the second week of April

Guest Stoppit

if you ordered yours after March 6th you won't get yours until around the second week of April

well I ordered mine the day it became available, and I haven't received it yet...come on warp...

Guest Fishtank

upon repeat listens I still don't care for it

I'd much rather put on Tri Repetae

Autechre is now my least favorite electronica/braindance/ambient-footstep-house-marble-on-rye

• 1 year later...
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i wasn't interested in new autechre when it came out. i heard thingy of ten and liked that tho awhile back. and then last week i heard some older autechre and my interest in the last album peaked.

I pre-ordered the Thingysteps vinyl box thingy when it was first announced and still haven't set eyes on it. I wonder if it ever arrived at my old address in Norfolk? Damn highly sensitive family problems.

I left the record store like 'meh i'm going to listen to this once and try to convince myself I like it as much as Confield/ETC then leave it on the shelf for months why did I spend that much money?"

Well... it's a fucking great little record. It's different in style than the others. Less cutthroat, more ambient and perhaps even thought out/composed than the others. It's a difficult album to pigeonhole. It's quite ambient - in the Lifeforms style where there are little details throughout creating a landscape of sound. At the same time it is very structured in the way the songs progress, and there aren't many/any samples being used to add to the atmosphere. So it is unique in that sense.

I feel like the music cares about me. Where ALL their albums leading up to this seemed pretty alien and merciless, this album seems soft and loving from time to time. I mean, it still can be scary to listen to - but not as much, at all.

Overall, the album is essential, just different. There are some parts I kind of don't enjoy listening to but that's fine. Nothing will ever top Confield for me, personally, and it would be stupid to keep comparing at this point in AE's history.

/thoughts on Oversteps now that I've sat down and really listened to it closely.

Archived