IGNORED

VHS Head - Trademark Ribbons of Gold

this is a new release for me. but maybe we should move it to the boc subforum where it truly belongs

Even if it's absolutely fuck all to do with BoC aside from them both having releases under the Skam label.....

Guest Enter a new display name

this is a new release for me. but maybe we should move it to the boc subforum where it truly belongs

Even if it's absolutely fuck all to do with BoC aside from them both having releases under the Skam label.....

"Both" as in... the Sandison brothers? :crazy:

OMG BUT IT SOUNDS RETRO AND IT TOUCHES ME IN MY SPECIAL PLACE

ONLY THE SANDISON BROTHERS HAVE THE POWER TO ACHIEVE THESE MONUMENTAL HEIGHTS OF MUSICAL EMOTION ENERGY!!!PLUS SOME OF THE MELODIES AND STUFF ARE SIMILAR KIND OF but i guess a lot of old stuff sounds like that but I KNOW ITS THEM I AM THE BIGGEST BOC FAN OF ALL TIME DO nOT QUESTION ME

you guys just arent enlightened enough

Edited by Al5x

interesting how people are so obsessed with authorship.. it obviously heightens curiosity but the separation is intentional with most music of this genre. knowing the source kind of taints your perception of it

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bringing this mammoth thread back because this album just completely clicked with me. I liked several of the individual tracks a lot before but some parts of the album felt like a chore to get through. Just gave another listen to the full album for the first time in a few months and I don't know how I wasn't totally in love with this right off the bat. Anyways, I came to my senses!

I find this album very draining and hard work when listened to from beginning to end. That's why the vinyl is nice as it is splits it into 4 bite sized chunks. Mmmmm tasty.

It's still a 10/10 album for me though.

Yes, I think it was my favorite from 2010 but I can't listen to it anymore without getting a headache. Someone on the thread said it was too loud and now I kind of agree. I might be too old for this ultra manic and scary over the top psychotic IDM.

Or not!

Maybe it's like Autechre and I will fall in love again with it next month.

Guest viscosity

been on the fence about getting the lp. shipping is expensive to the states. don't really have the cash to spare

still a fantastic album though. don't really listen to it all the way through but its great when it does play during shuffle

Bringing this mammoth thread back because this album just completely clicked with me. I liked several of the individual tracks a lot before but some parts of the album felt like a chore to get through. Just gave another listen to the full album for the first time in a few months and I don't know how I wasn't totally in love with this right off the bat. Anyways, I came to my senses!

I'm guessing you've been drawn back to the album after watching a certain video over again ... :whistling:

apparently he's playing tonight 30 mins drive away my house at some local festival, didn't realise he lived in this neck of the woods

tell me you went there?

Ironically, The Violent Breed just clicked with ME. I have always loved this album but I had to overplay it while making that video... But I never realized how awesome this track is! This is the very definition of an autumn-album for me, and since Germany doesn't have a summer this year, I'm feeling the appropriate time for enjoying it is near again.

I'm guessing you've been drawn back to the album after watching a certain video over again ... :whistling:

Yes, absolutely!