IGNORED

Amon Tobin - ISAM

crono3

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if this has been mentioned but it's very easy to recognize samples from the Battery 3 Drumkit in Mass & Spring

:(

he's joking

Actually, I'm not :)

Remind me of this in a couple of days when I'm done with my exams and I'll go find the samples I'm talking about and compare them to the ones in Mass & Spring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLrt7-kIgIM

apos if posted already

He's one of the most sucesful Ninja Tune's artists. Only Bonobo, Mr Scruff, The Cinematic Orchestra and Roots Manuva are more popular than him acording to youtube.

ninjatune probably advanced him, figuring the tour would make loads of $$$

I would say they (ninja tunes etc) are hitting the big floor and they even have cubes. (can I say that without sounding like a non english background guy and still be swag?)

they could be the new rolling stones, but with less ppl. targetgroup: better-income-rayban-hipsters and ohh those 25+ ladies in teh video,

we would talk about art... I can't stand cubes anymore, and fuck those beautiful chords. Meh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWai4UZ0OqI

5 days, i'm so excited! :D

This looks completely mind-blowing. I hadn't bothered to look at tour dates yet, and I just realized I'm going to be in Europe for several of those! I fly into Brussels the morning after that date, unfortunately, but could try for Amsterdam if it wasn't sold out, and already plan to be in London the weekend of the 17th but it's all sold out! Wonder if any are going on eBay or elsewhere...this looks spectacular.

wow.

that in Amsterdam sidewinder??? that is a must.

I don't think Amsterdam will be doable though, it falls right in the middle of the week and I planned to spend several days visiting a friend in Switzerland, starting Monday. It takes pretty much a full day to travel between the two (unless I take a plane, which would still involve some train travel) and I'd be cutting my visit with friend down to one day, which hardly makes going over there worth it. It's London if anything, since I'm planning to be there on the morning of the 17th till the 19th, and the show is the 17th. Anyone know where I can look for a ticket if it's sold out? Nothing on eBay...

oh well, it's not like is a shortage of fun things to do in amsterdaam. we took my cousin there for his bachelor party in 2000. it was one for the ages.

have a great trip sounds like a good one.

oh well, it's not like is a shortage of fun things to do in amsterdaam. we took my cousin there for his bachelor party in 2000. it was one for the ages.

have a great trip sounds like a good one.

Thanks. :smile: Turns out London is not sold out - I just haven't booked a place to stay yet so I'm trying to sort that out before buying a ticket. But damn - I might actually be able to see this. And Clark plays Amsterdam the night before, which is more feasible as I make my way from Switzerland to London. Hmmm this could be awesome. Kelpe also plays London the same night as Amon, in case that falls through.

And Clark plays Amsterdam the night before, which is more feasible as I make my way from Switzerland to London. Hmmm this could be awesome. Kelpe also plays London the same night as Amon, in case that falls through.

Wow... that's quite a selection of artists! I'd kill to see any of them... ever lol

I'm a little late to the party, but jesus fuck the sound design on this album is the most impressive I've heard since Richard Devine's Cautella. I love hearing things that sound like they were produced 10 years after my first listen. Every time I've heard Amon Tobin in the past I've never really got what the big deal is, but clearly I've been missing something all these years. I can't imagine a single sound on this album sounding better than it does... he must have spent forever perfecting it.

profoundly disappointing, i thought

can't help but concur, it had initially won me over until the more i listened to it the more i felt like i was hearing 2011 era car commercial style hollywood Michael bay sound design continuously bombarding me.

I'm a little divided on this album... it's awesome, and I really like it... but at the same time I don't find myself listening to it that often. It's very new & different sounding, yet at the same time it sounds like I've already heard it 100 times. I can't really think of an album I like more than it though... maybe Foley Room or Supermodified.

I'm very confused :facepalm:

I'm waiting for him to step in here to defend his album. It's gonna be good.

i was trying to bait him on his youtube video, but alas he didn't take the bait.

BUT he did apparently change the title of the youtube video possibly because the term 'spectral morphing' was overly used, an overstep but showing no actual morphs whatsoever

:whistling:

edit: haha i also saw Eskmo at the matmos show the other night and for a split second i was thinking 'damn i wonder if he reads watmm' , our eyes met and there was a slight hint of uncomfortableness

Archived