IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I bumped into a shelf and dropped my big hookah which exploded into million billion pieces, glass shards everywhere, including the bed. Next I cut my hand on one of the shards and then broke my bed while cleaning. Good going.

• Sad 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Burger 4

2 minutes ago, zkom said:

I bumped into a shelf and dropped my big hookah which exploded into million billion pieces, glass shards everywhere, including the bed. Next I cut my hand on one of the shards and then broke my bed while cleaning. Good going.

Extreme Hookah-ing!

I'm very impressed with the bed breaking. That's some hardcore cleaning.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gocab said:

I'm very impressed with the bed breaking. That's some hardcore cleaning.

I have a kind of bed with a futon mattress and a frame around it and wooden boards in the bottom that don't share the weight very well if it's concetrated on a single point due to the mattress not being very rigid. I stood on the bed while I was removing the sheets to get the pieces of glass out and I was putting all my weight on a single board under the mattress and then the board just snapped in half.:facepalm:

I feel my house has a healthy amount of spiders. It’s 1-2 medium to large (for Dutch standards) sized corner guys per room plus 4-10 satellite spiders hustling. And then there’s a whole gang on general gatekeeping duties working on the outside. This is the summer crew of course, during winter months there’s a much lower occupation with only the occasional check-in. 
Generally things are good but these guys don’t seem to give a fuck about silverfish so all their efforts seem to go into small flies and the occasional mosquito. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the work that’s put in etc. and things are a bit hectic and crazy right now for everyone. But if I’m able to squash 3 silverfish per day on average while also holding down a fulltime job, taking care of the household and manage to find time for hobbies and personal growth and you catch none while, seemingly, at least 99% of your time and energy is spent on entrapping and preparing various bugs for consumption maybe it’s time to take a long, hard look at yourself. Taking the piss a bit imho. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The door upstairs of my place, where my landlord lives, was opened today. Alarm company phoned the cops and it was all very scary to think someone might be sneaking around up there. Turns out the door was locked but not pushed tight enough so the wind was able to blow it open. Enough excitement today for me!!

Edited by yekker
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, President Squidward said:

i legit have no space in my small house to storage my vhs tapes i collect in a good place, so they've been under my bed, and while they're getting dirty, there's also some spiders building webs on it. ?

My buddy must own over a thousand vhs tapes... He lives in a small apartment and it's so bad with them stacked against walls that there's a hall that he can't walk through because of it.

2 hours ago, yekker said:

My buddy must own over a thousand vhs tapes... He lives in a small apartment and it's so bad with them stacked against walls that there's a hall that he can't walk through because of it.

he should maybe meet this guy.. seems like they'd hit it off. so much in common. 

this one is kinda my fav.. the classic cofe time

https://youtu.be/oWuyrlXI7nA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWuyrlXI7nA&t=330s

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ignatius said:

he should maybe meet this guy.. seems like they'd hit it off. so much in common. 

In one video he made a knife handle out of a dildo he found in garbage, saying how it's a good handle because every guy instinctively knows how to hold it :cisfor: Can't seem to find the video now.

Also he cuts his own hair by putting a bowl over his head and then cutting along the edge with scissors. Hence the weird haircut.:cerious:

But it's really a sad story if you start digging in a bit deeper. The guy obviously has issues.

7 hours ago, zkom said:

In one video he made a knife handle out of a dildo he found in garbage, saying how it's a good handle because every guy instinctively knows how to hold it :cisfor: Can't seem to find the video now.

Also he cuts his own hair by putting a bowl over his head and then cutting along the edge with scissors. Hence the weird haircut.:cerious:

But it's really a sad story if you start digging in a bit deeper. The guy obviously has issues.

yeah i'm sure it is.. that's why i've never dug deeper. i think i saw the cofe talk speak english video in 2001 or something. 

Even though I tried to clean up everywhere after the hookah went to pieces I still somehow managed to get a tiny 1mm glass shard lodged into my heel. It took a good 20 minutes to dig it out. FFS. It also caused some minor damage to my floor.

It really was a cursed hookah. Previously it ruined a carpet and burned a mark on the floor in a previous apartment. Good riddance.

On 8/13/2020 at 3:33 AM, ignatius said:

So triggered by how long he's letting the water run. Makes it even more unbearable to watch. The whole video is like, well, water torture I guess.

Edited by IDEM
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 2:39 AM, Tim_J said:

Every goddamm time i get out of the shower i have my skin all itchy... There's no rashes or anything, it's just itchy... It's mostly on humid hot days... Solution is to place myself under the air conditioner set on cold for like 20 minutes... 

You have dry skin. When it’s hot you sweat more and the salt in your sweat makes it worse. Get some lotion or oil, preferably something that doesn’t clog up your pores. 
I buy a bottle of avocado and almond oil (arbitrary, it’s something that doesn’t have a smell I dislike, is easily available and not ridiculously expensive) and a small jar of Shea butter every 2 months or so. Initially I used it just for my hair but it works on my skin as well, I get heat rashes occasionally and have dry skin in general. I tend to only put the lotion on my skin when it’s needed and not every day to prevent my skin from drying out even more because of that whole homeostasis thing your body constantly tries to pull on ya. 
Use a tiny bit of the Shea and then apply an even smaller amount of oil. 

tldr; get some sort of oil and some Shea butter and get rid of itchy skin and have beautiful hair forever.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, user said:
On 6/6/2020 at 1:39 AM, Tim_J said:

Every goddamm time i get out of the shower i have my skin all itchy... There's no rashes or anything, it's just itchy... It's mostly on humid hot days... Solution is to place myself under the air conditioner set on cold for like 20 minutes... 

You have dry skin. When it’s hot you sweat more and the salt in your sweat makes it worse. Get some lotion or oil, preferably something that doesn’t clog up your pores. 
I buy a bottle of avocado and almond oil (arbitrary, it’s something that doesn’t have a smell I dislike, is easily available and not ridiculously expensive) and a small jar of Shea butter every 2 months or so. Initially I used it just for my hair but it works on my skin as well, I get heat rashes occasionally and have dry skin in general. I tend to only put the lotion on my skin when it’s needed and not every day to prevent my skin from drying out even more because of that whole homeostasis thing your body constantly tries to pull on ya. 

tldr; get some sort of oil and some Shea butter and get rid of itchy skin and have beautiful hair forever.

Dr. Bronner's Coconut Oil

I use it for my hair & beard, dry skin, cooking with, swishing around in your mouth as an antiseptic and health benifits

I started taking this around 7 years ago

I'm 27 years in remission from cancer

I take

Cannabis & Coconut Oil (as important as the other)

Everyday

&

Feel Healthy with Energy:)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, user said:

It's gone now... I think I've mentioned it's kinda seasonal?! Not seasonal but mostly summers and it hadn't been happening for a while but it came back this year.

But thanks anyway! I'll consider it if i ever have it again... 

• Like 1