IGNORED

Hummus Appreciation Thread

Hautlle

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is nowhere I can get falafel anywhere around here... I've never had it, anyone know about making it? I don't even know what the fuck it is...

falafel is a deep fried ball of ground up chickpeas (and/or fava beans) with spices and shit, you can get recipes online man!

my wife just bought some hummus from the farmers market this morning.

Spicy Black Bean Hummus!

Cilantro & Jalapeno Hummus!

Avocado & Cilantro Hummus!

I don't think I'll be able to stay away from these before she gets home from work tonight!

made some hummus last night thanks to this thread. I used my blender on puree this time as opposed to my usual cuisan art way. Finally found a way to get that whippy texture. It was so good I had to polish it all off

I'm just chilling, snacking on some Athenos brand Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, and this shit is delicious. I like hummus in general and really appreciate the simpler things in life, like some delicious hummus with flatbread. I've got some scrumptious whole grain flatbread and it really goes along with this hummus, you know? Anyway, hummus is awesome, so if you love hummus or have some hummus anecdotes you'd like to share, or just want to talk about hummus, let's do it here and now watmm.

hummus.jpg

I did this 2 weeks ago so delicious

Guest Iain C

The best supermarket hummus you can buy in the UK is Sabra Extra. Without doubt. If you live in the UK and have access to a Sainsburys, get on down there and buy some Sabra Extra. You won't regret it

202805.jpg?ts=634456949433

Yeah, I've been getting into this stuff lately. Really good houmous!

Guest Coalbucket PI

I must look out for this Sabra hummus, hamos, hommos, hommus, homos, houmous, hummos,hummous, or humus.

Re: the making of falafel, it's probably not the most legit way but you can buy packs of dried stuff that you just mix with water and form into balls and bake or fry, I like it.

Frying falafel is a tricky affair. It can go from perfect to burnt to a crisp in a mattwer of seconds. I don't have a deep fat fryer and I am scared of using a saucepan full of hot oil so I buy the premade stuff which is usually so dry that you need about 2 tubs of hummus, hamos, hommos, hommus, homos, houmous, hummos,hummous, or humus in order to eat eat it. Yesterday I had some Delphi Avocado hummus, hamos, hommos, hommus, homos, houmous, hummos,hummous, or humus. Do not buy this if you like avocado or hummus, hamos, hommos, hommus, homos, houmous, hummos,hummous, or humus.

Guys, black bean hummus:

Spicy Black Bean Hummus

4-5 garlic cloves, peeled

2 Tblsps fresh lemon juice

1 Tblsp tahini (roasted sesame seed paste)

1 tsp ground cumin

1/4 tsp salt

1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained

1 small jalapeno pepper, chopped

Dash crushed red pepper

2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil

Dash ground red pepper

3665237741_9050447550.jpg

this isn't hummus, hamos, hommos, hommus, homos, houmous, hummos,hummous, or humus it's a black bean paste. it's got to have chickpeas to be real hummus, hamos, hommos, hommus, homos, houmous, hummos,hummous, or humus. just blitzing things into a paste does not a hummus, hamos, hommos, hommus, homos, houmous, hummos,hummous, or humus make.

Archived