IGNORED

Skrillex - Discuss, Debate, Praise, Hate

YEK

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so much of this type of music seems like it's designed for cocaine use + alcohol and nothing else

you forgot ecstasy but yeah i think that's all there is to it.

everyone i know who is into this shit gobbles up e pills like skittles, but i guess that's nothing new for rave culture.

Guest Backson

so much of this type of music seems like it's designed for cocaine use + alcohol and nothing else

you forgot ecstasy but yeah i think that's all there is to it.

everyone i know who is into this shit gobbles up e pills like skittles, but i guess that's nothing new for rave culture.

lol, none of the above except alcohol and weed me thinks.

Its designed for drunk shirtless bros so that drunk shirtless bros can go to one another "bro, you heard this new genre called dubstep bro? Aw bro, you gotta get on this shit bra! Deadmau5 invented it. Its filthy as fuck bra! Bro, you've got no idea."

that and a weird demographic of bros who smoke weed, play dubstep and watch the generic Windows Media Player visualiser thinking that they are hardcore druggies.

Here's what I've gathered. Credibility Statement: One of my close friends loves skrillex.

Say what you will about Skrillex (if it's negative I'll agree with you) but the man boy is good at making ridiculously low wobbly bass. It's not melodic, funky, or soulful; but it's really damn loud, obnoxious, and fun. This friend of mine also loves the transformer movies, but, he recognizes that they are total shit. I think he just enjoys the special effects/sound engineering because it's loud, obnoxious and fun.

Skrillex and Transformers are appealing to the same people. People who care less about quality and more about extreme effects. If you were to show them Scorn they would probably think Skrillex was better. Skrillex can make a louder bass riff, but he can't make shit for soul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaIZ0mUJzr0

If you look at the comments, the whole cult following regarding this song centers around "Drop the Bass" (1:18). Hell, I even appreciate the bass, but there's not ANY soul or groove behind it. Scorn should remix skrillex.

The longer this thread goes on, the more I become a fan of Skrillex.

Thanks watmm!

(not sarcasm, I feel a distinct affection for him)

Guest Lucy Faringold

every skrillex gif i've ever seen has been amazing.

The one on this page looks like a totally aggro Pantene Pro-V advert

Here's what I've gathered. Credibility Statement: One of my close friends loves skrillex.

Say what you will about Skrillex (if it's negative I'll agree with you) but the man boy is good at making ridiculously low wobbly bass. It's not melodic, funky, or soulful; but it's really damn loud, obnoxious, and fun. This friend of mine also loves the transformer movies, but, he recognizes that they are total shit. I think he just enjoys the special effects/sound engineering because it's loud, obnoxious and fun.

Skrillex and Transformers are appealing to the same people. People who care less about quality and more about extreme effects. If you were to show them Scorn they would probably think Skrillex was better. Skrillex can make a louder bass riff, but he can't make shit for soul.

[omitted for the sake of space]

If you look at the comments, the whole cult following regarding this song centers around "Drop the Bass" (1:18). Hell, I even appreciate the bass, but there's not ANY soul or groove behind it. Scorn should remix skrillex.

That's actually all modern dubstep seems to be. If you go look at some Boxcutter tracks on Youtube, there's the fit thrown by people that post comments because "This is dubstep but where's the bass drop?!" It totally is the CGI action movie genre of music in the states. Every song is more predictable than every Scooby Doo episode, though in reading about it, people generally like being able to predict melodies (if there are any in these songs) and that's why pop music is pop music. It's feeding the people ice cream with just the right amount of jimmies instead of giving them that one really specific flavor that only Ben & Jerry's makes during a certain season that only certain people like.

It does bother me when people don't objectively agree that some things are shit as you would say for the Transformers films. Stuff can be good but still objectively be shit, though I think most of the WATMM community hates to agree to that or stoop to liking things that are shit (at least, I do, even if I have a lot of synthpop). One of my friends gets mad when anyone says anything about him saying his favorite movies are literally the recent Transformers movies because he thinks the story and acting are good. Maybe a lot of people long for the day when pop music was or will be full of more than people making it to hand out ice cream to the people that's a resounding "eh, yeah I'll take it!" That's probably the enigma that is The Beatles and Michael Jackson, I suppose.

Archived