IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

We should mark this thread as solved and say RDJ is in fact Steinvord, the end.

atThay ayway ifyay ityay isnyay'tay ichardRay, oeverwhay ityay isyay illway etgay ustratedfray ithway ichardRay akingtay allyay ishay editcray andyay illway avehay otay eventuallyyay owshay imselfhay.

Ifyay ehay evernay evealsray imselfhay, enthay itsyay earlyclay eenbay ichardRay.

Iyay opehay omeonesay ashay alteredyay ayay odmay aboutyay isthay exttay oryay atthay ayay odmay isyay urrentlycay eadingray ethay anslatedtray igpay atinLay osay atthay ethay anplay ancay ommencecay.

Guest KRiSh 05

Discuss, or speculate :D

What do you think's been going on for the last 20 pages !

useless bullshits and no serious discussions about music.

like 90% of this website.

go to bed dunharvertskreech

Guest KRiSh 05

go to bed dunharvertskreech

sure

maelstrom sounds great at 60% speed. youtube apparently wont allow a 15 minute video, but you're better off doing what i did and recording godtiermusic's rip on youtube and changing the speed with audacity or something so it's better quality. same with cyg x-1, although i did upload a slightly better 70% speed version of that here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKEey1W0x4A i prefer the slower speeds for those and iyff acid right now, and the speed and quick samples of those songs make me wonder if these are intentionally made multi-speed songs.

maelstrom sounds great at 60% speed. youtube apparently wont allow a 15 minute video, but you're better off doing what i did and recording godtiermusic's rip on youtube and changing the speed with audacity or something so it's better quality. same with cyg x-1, although i did upload a slightly better 70% speed version of that here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKEey1W0x4A i prefer the slower speeds for those and iyff acid right now, and the speed and quick samples of those songs make me wonder if these are intentionally made multi-speed songs.

Sounds great, it's like a new track.

It really is good, for some reason it reminds me of -

[youtube

EDIT: Erm, yeah that went well ...

Lastly, do you know anything about this mysterious artist off of Rephlex known asSteinvord?

TJ: What’s the name of the artist?

Steinvord. It’s supposedly a pseudonym for a mixture of two of yours and Richard D. James’s tracks (

and
)

TJ: No—I mean, nothing I could say about it in public, no. [Laughs] But in all honesty, what can I say? Nothing

http://digboston.com/listen/2012/10/interview-squarepusher/

Lastly, do you know anything about this mysterious artist off of Rephlex known asSteinvord?

Steinvord. It’s supposedly a pseudonym for a mixture of two of yours and Richard D. James’s tracks (

and
)

TJ: No—I mean, nothing I could say about it in public, no. [Laughs] But in all honesty, what can I say? Nothing

im almost as old as SQpsher. I dont know what he means the equipment was very expensive. fuckin hell, gear is outrageously expensive these days. ebay and inflation i guess.

and
)

im almost as old as SQpsher. I dont know what he means the equipment was very expensive. fuckin hell, gear is outrageously expensive these days. ebay and inflation i guess.

'

It was much less affordable then. Stuff like computers and new gear was anyway. Obviously 303s and unfashionable gear was more affordable but to set up a home studio with a compouter or whatever was realtively much more expensive than it is now i think.

samplers were really expensive and so were synths in the early 90's

there were no vst's ,few free plug ins ,powerful/useable cheap pcs or macs let alone easy to use programs like live and fl + all the related free online forums/support/you tube tutorials

which is all some peeps need these days to replace a buncha ardware

well, i traded a jupiter 8, ms20, mc-202, 606, and a linn drum to a synth dealer for a kurzwiel 2000 back in '95. i had to send him back the jupiter 8 cause we found out the kurzwiel didnt have the sampler chip. lol. facepalm. i should have bought him the sampler chip. you cant tell me it was more expensive back then. samplers were no more expensive. it wasnt the 80's. Yes, the 80's you paid boat loads for samplers and fm synths.. You could still find deals pre-ebay. now, forget it.

although a couple years ago i found an ad for an eml-400 for $700. in the old harmony central classifieds. some old dealers who cant use the internet can be a good place to look. i sold it for 2500, wish i kept it, but now they go for 4 grand on ebay, which is terrible) An arp 2600 went for 12 grand a few months ago on the ebay? that site is ruining everything. it's also global, so shifts in currency value have a huge impact.

Edited by marf

I think luck on craigslist varies greatly too. I swear that being in Austin inflates the value of musical gear and audio equipment in general. In other cities people seem to "score" good deals on vintage and rare items all the time.

well, i traded a jupiter 8, ms20, mc-202, 606, and a linn drum to a synth dealer for a kurzwiel 2000 back in '95. i had to send him back the jupiter 8 cause we found out the kurzwiel didnt have the sampler chip. lol. facepalm. i should have bought him the sampler chip. you cant tell me it was more expensive back then. samplers were no more expensive. it wasnt the 80's. Yes, the 80's you paid boat loads for samplers and fm synths.. You could still find deals pre-ebay. now, forget it.

although a couple years ago i found an ad for an eml-400 for $700. in the old harmony central classifieds. some old dealers who cant use the internet can be a good place to look. i sold it for 2500, wish i kept it, but now they go for 4 grand on ebay, which is terrible) An arp 2600 went for 12 grand a few months ago on the ebay? that site is ruining everything. it's also global, so shifts in currency value have a huge impact.

Wait, did you get all those synths, or trade them? If you traded them, you made a shitty trade. If I read that correctly, that is.

&

I got the chance to play around with an arp2600 and cannot believe it sells for that much. Its cool, but not that cool.

Edited by Audioblysk

"you cant tell me it was more expensive back then. samplers were no more expensive"

ok you know everything and I am clueless

samplers were more expensive. Crazy expensive, in fact.

They've had the same trajectory as VCR's and DVD players: first they were really expensive and now they're not.

well, i traded a jupiter 8, ms20, mc-202, 606, and a linn drum to a synth dealer for a kurzwiel 2000 back in '95. i had to send him back the jupiter 8 cause we found out the kurzwiel didnt have the sampler chip. lol. facepalm. i should have bought him the sampler chip. you cant tell me it wamore expensive back then. samplers were no more expensive. it wasnt the 80's. Yes, the 80's you paid boat loads for samplers and fm synths.. You could still find deals pre-ebay. now, forget it.

Wait, did you get all those synths, or trade them? If you traded them, you made a shitty trade. If I read that correctly, that is.

&

I got the chance to play around with an arp2600 and cannot believe it sells for that much. Its cool, but not that cool.

Sorry, i was vague. didnt have my coffee. yes, i got the synths.

Dont mean to sound like a cocky know it all, Yes, Samplers were very very expensive in the 80's.I doubt Mr pusher saved up ten grand for his first sampler.. it didnt take long for them to level out to around a thousand dollars at the start of the 90's. The 80's were crazy, it went from synclavier 250k, to fairlight 100k, to emu sampler 10k, to akai 1k within like 5 years. Moore's law i guess?

Edited by marf

well, i traded a jupiter 8, ms20, mc-202, 606, and a linn drum to a synth dealer for a kurzwiel 2000 back in '95. i had to send him back the jupiter 8 cause we found out the kurzwiel didnt have the sampler chip. lol. facepalm. i should have bought him the sampler chip. you cant tell me it wamore expensive back then. samplers were no more expensive. it wasnt the 80's. Yes, the 80's you paid boat loads for samplers and fm synths.. You could still find deals pre-ebay. now, forget it.

&

Sorry, i was vague. didnt have my coffee. yes, i got the synths.

Dont mean to sound like a cocky know it all, Yes, Samplers were very very expensive in the 80's.I doubt Mr pusher saved up ten grand for his first sampler.. it didnt take long for them to level out to around a thousand dollars at the start of the 90's. The 80's were crazy, it went from synclavier 250k, to fairlight 100k, to emu sampler 10k, to akai 1k within like 5 years. Moore's law i guess?

more companies jumping on the bandwagon, market saturation maybe?