IGNORED

Actress - R.I.P

Redruth

Guest Enter a new display name

Why the fuck would someone read reviews

For those who always purchase albums without listening first?

LOL

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give me something to moan about.

That never happens. :)

Ps: And buying without even hearing one or more tracks is stupid. Cheers

So you wont do this if Aphex ever releases another record?

Give me something to moan about.

That never happens. :)

Ps: And buying without even hearing one or more tracks is stupid. Cheers

So you wont do this if Aphex ever releases another record?

Neither for aphex or anyone else.

I bought the new Shackleton Album without hearing samples.

and I also like to read reviews just to hear other peoples opinions and you sometimes find out a bit more background to the album. I often read reviews of albums I already have for this reason. Infact aint that the same reason we read threads like this? If your not interested about other peoples opinons whats the point?

Back to Actress though - this album is amazing! :)

and I also like to read reviews just to hear other peoples opinions and you sometimes find out a bit more background to the album. I often read reviews of albums I already have for this reason. Infact aint that the same reason we read threads like this? If your not interested about other peoples opinons whats the point?

I think the last few posts about reviews were piss takes.

Whats that shackleton album like? Or have you listened yet?

Only heard the Music For the Quiet Hour once all the way through last night and had a quick listen to a couple of tracks of the other disc, but sounds very promising indeed!

Back to Actress though - this album is amazing! :)

I usually read reviews after I have made up my own opinion about the album

i listened to that anthony person spout on, in his freakish way, about his opinion regarding r.i.p and i'll never listen to him again. my eyes, ears and my brains are permanently damaged. he is quite annoying and with all the 'glitch' editing and hyper-enthusiasm. he's a menace really.

i listened to that anthony person spout on, in his freakish way, about his opinion regarding r.i.p and i'll never listen to him again. my eyes, ears and my brains are permanently damaged. he is quite annoying and with all the 'glitch' editing and hyper-enthusiasm. he's a menace really.

heh. well he's not an electronic guy, he only reviews certain electronic albums if they pop by on pitchfork and the likes.

i actually do like the idea of someone reviewing albums on video (because you get actual non verbal expressions etc), he's pretty much the only one on the net. but he's not a good reviewer that's for sure.

I have gotten pretty into Actress lately but I guess I have the same problem with him that I do with Clark, in that they both make some absolutely stunning tracks, but if I try to sit through a whole album I am always turned off by a bunch of tracks that sounds mediocre at best, grating at worst.

I have a playlist for each of these guys, both of which are among my favorite stuff recently, but there seems to be so much filler on the albums. My opinion of course, glad people here are digging it, he seems lot he has a lot of talent, just wish it was more consistent.

this is some great and unique music, and i didn't even like his previous, but now i realize i might have not given it proper attention.

jardin stood out for me, very colleen-like.

I don't like the stuff with major chords because they sound too much like my Garageband noodlings. A million times better and quite different, of course, but the actual melody lines sound very similar. Especially Jarden. It reminds me too much of my own crappy cliché music. It's really unfortunate, because I'd probably love the tracks if it weren't for that.

Guest Archrival

This is an interesting album and nice to listen to but I can't rise to the fever pitch that seems to be everywhere. "Caves Of Paradise" gets the closest for me because it's seriously dope

From the comments under "Shadow From Tartarus". I know it's just a YT comment--of which 99% of them are out of the arse--but still

i have reached the peak of music heaven, nothing else to do in this life!

I totally agree, this album is a disspointment,...Ascension and Caves are dope..no longevity at all.

'marble plexus' has crept into the long list of favorites in r.i.p. such epic, elevating, soaring sounds in this trac. i have found the favorites, yes

Guest rubberman

the whole thing is fantastic imo

perhaps wont be my favorite album from this year, but it's pretty close

My feet are firmly planted in the 'great album' camp now. Played this while chilling with an old mate last night, got in the car to go home and was compelled to play IWAAD again on full blast as it's the bollocks. I suppose it's in they eye of the beholder but there's a beautiful ebb and flow to the tracks imho, going from Shadow From Tartarus > Tree Of Knowledge smacks me upside the head every time.

Archived