IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

I have to confess a guilty pleasure - Fashion Police on the E! channel. We usually have it on in the background at home if it happens to be on. It's basically Joan Rivers just doing stand-up for an hour, with some other hosts doing "serious" commentary in-between.

e.g. Joan on Florence - "She looks like the saddest boy at the Lithuanian gay pride parade"

Florence-Welch-150999304.jpg

Edited by joshuatx

I'm so glad The Thick Of It is back, i love that show sooo much. First episode of the new series was great.

pretty good so far, although it feels a tiny bit toned down this season. What happened to the new character who was played by the actor Simon from In the Loop? His rant at the final episode of season 3 was golden, it's too bad they didn't bring him back. As much as i like stewart his best moment was the 'knowledge is porridge' episode. I guess what sort of annoys me is they had to add generic good looking characters who seem not very interesting into the mix on both sides. A much hotter than average female sidekick for the opposition and 2 sort of suave looking dudes working for the pm. Maybe they got a new writer or writers for this season, overall it feels almost like In the Loop with a dash of Veep and i don't mean that in a positive way. Dare i say slightly more 'american' feeling?

Edited by Awepittance

Episode 1 of the new thick of it . Seemed like just a bunch of weakly scripted insults thrown about like everyone was a crap Malcolm Tucker. The only half decent character was Peter Mannion. And where was Malcolm? Piss weak by its usual standards. Can only improve. I am disappoint.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Sons of Anarchy is back motherfuckers

yep episode 1 was awesome. clay turning into piney is tv gold.

Episode 1 of the new thick of it . Seemed like just a bunch of weakly scripted insults thrown about like everyone was a crap Malcolm Tucker. The only half decent character was Peter Mannion. And where was Malcolm? Piss weak by its usual standards. Can only improve. I am disappoint.

yeah it was a little weak i agree. twitter went wild for the twix line *shrug*

second episode was much better. malcolm having no power is tv gold

although i always say the show shouldnt be too much about malcolm - he is the best thing so far in this series

Rake - aussie crime drama (i guess). Fairly generic premise of morally misguided, well meaning criminal defense lawyer - channeling a bit of McNulty. I'm usually resistant to Australian tv which i know is a stupid attitude but I actually find the characters to be nuanced and evolving enough to save this from being just another crime series shaking the morality stick. It also doesnt shy away from some of the glaring hypocrisies of Australian culture - it airs on ABC, which is our government funded/ non commercial station -and for the most part itleaves these topics (eg race riots, misogyny) open which I like . Ie. it never really 'passes judgement' by the end of it.

Pretty ggood I would recommend.

Rake - aussie crime drama (i guess). Fairly generic premise of morally misguided, well meaning criminal defense lawyer - channeling a bit of McNulty. I'm usually resistant to Australian tv which i know is a stupid attitude but I actually find the characters to be nuanced and evolving enough to save this from being just another crime series shaking the morality stick. It also doesnt shy away from some of the glaring hypocrisies of Australian culture - it airs on ABC, which is our government funded/ non commercial station -and for the most part itleaves these topics (eg race riots, misogyny) open which I like . Ie. it never really 'passes judgement' by the end of it.

There's a new Australian drama out soon based on Julian Assange's story, could be okay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGp3mUIemL0

edit: my bad, it's a tv movie not a series

Edited by roasty

There's a new Australian drama out soon based on Julian Assange's story, could be okay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGp3mUIemL0

edit: my bad, it's a tv movie not a series

No fucking way, that looks atrocious.

Guest onesixoneight

Burn Notice season two. Its just about ok.

Reruns of Star Trek TNG on Pick TV while the wifes out at zumba. Mint.

Guest disparaissant

season one of once upon a time on netflix

i don't know why i'm doing this to myself

it's bad but in that highly watchable way, and everyone in it is pretty. especially the two main characters.

Season 2 of the X-Files. As a kid I never noticed it, but Mulder is always incredibly bored, like he just wants to go to bed, look all emotionally distant and slowly spoon ice cream into his mouth. I don't get it. He's usually in immediate danger and kind of just mopes from place to place solving shit nonchalantly, again as if he's really just thinking about ice cream. It's no wonder nobody believes him.

Watching through the sopranos for the first time. Up to "Pine Barrens"

Enjoying it pretty well but even though it's only a decade(ish) old it shows its age sometimes compared to more recent tv dramas (not necessarily a bad thing just interesting how quickly certain aspects of culture move on)