IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 6/3/2021 at 6:51 PM, Silent Member said:

Yeah, that's my point, why would you crop out the little video information that is there and blow up the image. Not to mention that you're missing half the image.

Maybe I'll give mare a shot then, after all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, diatoms said:

i haven't watched any marvel cinematic universe movie or tv show

but i just watched LOKI and really enjoyed the acting and story of the first episode

anyone have an absolute favorite of the bunch that i should watch?

I liked Loki, seems very inspired by The Adjustment Bureau, Terry Gilliam, Douglas Adams, etc.  As for the MCU, it depends on what kind of movies you like, but they are a continuous narrative.

^ what he said 

Rubin is right about continuity of MCU films but I can't recommend Guardian's of the Galaxy highly enough. It functions (or can function) completely on its own, and is probably one of my fave films of the last 10 years. It's just an excellent, hilarious, sometimes heartbreaking, sometimes heartmendingly beautiful amazing flick. My wife and I watch at least once a year every year. 

FYI - don't put it on and go in the other room and make some popcorn or something and come back - there's a specific tonal shift in the first 5 mins or so that is so well carried off I can't stand the thought of someone missing it when they watch it for the first time. 

Edited by T3551ER
some weird capitalizations/quotations leading to unintended emphasis and unnecessary text much like the unnecessarily detailed reason for an edit. it's been a day.
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

^ what he said 

BUT

Rubin is right about continuity of MCU films but I can't recommend Guardian's of the Galaxy highly enough. It functions (or can function) completely on its own, and is probably one of my fave films of the last 10 years. It's just an excellent, hilarious, sometimes heartbreaking, sometimes heartmendingly beautiful amazing flick. My wife and I watch at least once a year every year. 

FYI - don't put it on and go in the other room and make some popcorn or something and come back - there's a specific tonal shift in the first 5 mins or so that is so well carried off I can't stand the thought of someone missing it when they watch it for the first time. 

I almost recommended Guardians 1 as a good stand alone place to start.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

I liked Loki, seems very inspired by The Adjustment Bureau, Terry Gilliam, Douglas Adams, etc.  As for the MCU, it depends on what kind of movies you like, but they are a continuous narrative.

56 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

^ what he said 

BUT

12 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

I almost recommended Guardians 1 as a good stand alone place to start.

ok guardians it is, thanks

I really enjoyed Dr. Strange. Check that out too :rdjgrin:

7 hours ago, diatoms said:

ok guardians it is, thanks

• Like 2

ok watched gotg and had a fun time:)

6 hours ago, yekker said:

I really enjoyed Dr. Strange. Check that out too :rdjgrin:

my brother told me to watch this about three years ago

i guess i just stopped watching movies after university

but i'm really enjoying the fantasy element to these films & tv show

on to dr. strange, thanks:)

• Like 2

watched dr. strange and had a fun time, thanks:)

i'm really enjoying the marvel universe

scorsese is up his own ass

• Like 2

v1.dDs0MDcyMDc7ajsxODgxNDsxMjAwOzE2MDA7M

this is show is a perfect encapsulation of modern television; it's got perfectly mediocre to terrible actors (i.e. background actors getting their first speaking role), a screenplay that's one part x-files and two parts graduate film school spec and a location manager that clearly has no quality control in his vocabulary. it's even worse than this which is an accomplishment in my eyes

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/11/2021 at 2:17 PM, Nebraska said:

v1.dDs0MDcyMDc7ajsxODgxNDsxMjAwOzE2MDA7M

this is show is a perfect encapsulation of modern television; it's got perfectly mediocre to terrible actors (i.e. background actors getting their first speaking role), a screenplay that's one part x-files and two parts graduate film school spec and a location manager that clearly has no quality control in his vocabulary. it's even worse than this which is an accomplishment in my eyes

I think it just got canceled 

1 hour ago, usagi said:

Doooope. He's an odd duck isn't he? 

Rather them take their time and get this right. One of my first introductions to manga and still a classic. Short clip looks on point. 

4 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

I think it just got canceled 

good.

3 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Hyped for this, hopefully giving different directors a chance will produce some good stuff

doubtful. my wife and i watched pose. the first season was pretty good despite the fact that it was a dramatized version of paris is burning. season 2 gave up a big portion of the storyline they established and turned it into a semi-musical. season 3 went into a fantasy musical stage play and the final season was the remaining 20% cast re-enacting their favorite scenes from 80s films and sex and the city. 

hqdefault.jpg

not sure i mentioned this before, but i've been slowly watching this lately. someone mentioned it here a while back (i'm sorry, i forget who), and it's finally on vicetv

highly recommended 

Harley Quinn (animated TV series on HBO Max) - Just finished binging the first two seasons. It's fucking great. By turns hilarious and heartbreaking and inspiring - a passing familiarity with the tropes of DC Comics helps deepen the enjoyment, but not necessary by any means. Very adult (in all ways - language, gore, etc. but also in themes). A great show about broken people trying to find their place in the world, viewed through the lens of Adult Swim-style humor. A+

• Like 1

Fingers crossed ? I guess it will be the usual bullshit though.

I totally forgot a Foundation show was coming. Read it as part of a lockdown reading group last year. While I struggled with the book, I liked the concept. Will give the show a go.  

Edited by Shimon_Shimon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Hopefully this doesn’t suck

one of the creators wrote a bunch of superhero movies and the other one did terminator dark flop and the black dahlia. and it's on apple+ so....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shimon_Shimon said:

I totally forgot a Foundation show was coming. Read it as part of a lockdown reading group last year. While I struggled with the book, I liked the concept. Will give the show a go.  

The books are challenging, especially  if you try to read them in childhood