IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

3 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

fa6e28953ea3b8e93b21f1a8e348b477.jpg

i was really excited about this- then i realized it's a fully dramatized version of derbyshire's time @ the BBC (reinvented here as a large warehouse) with occasional photo and sound footage from delia. this whole production has the look and feel of a neighborhood theater play: extremely small, claustrophobic and barely informative.  

opening credits by the focus group 

Its in my up next cue 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

I like how their release schedule inadvertently let them adjust the Ashoka/Anakin story from the beginning as well as the end, and then bring her into the post ROTJ era in Mandalorian. The way Rebels crossed over with everything in its finale was genius. Dave Filoni needs to direct a Star Wars movie already. I always thought they would pass the torch internally to Pablo Hidalgo or Filoni, hiring Kathleen Kennedy was a huge mistake.

Yeah she sucks. I remember hearing her say “it’s not like the marvel movies, we don’t have that many stories to choose from to pull material” or something like that. I thought- what about all the expanded universe stuff? 

• Like 2

The office “super fan” episodes are pretty good. The new scenes added in sometimes get a little more vulgar, which is welcome. I can’t remember if they are the deleted scenes for the DVDs -and they are added in, or new never before seen stuff. It’s been so long since I saw a lot of that. Either way it’s an excuse to watch season one and three again. Three could be the best season.

Edited by Himelstein
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, o00o said:

do you want to feel old? like really old? watch this: 

It’s funny that all of their movie careers flopped, even Aniston just does generic crap where’s she’s not even the lead all the time.

27 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

It’s funny that all of their movie careers flopped, even Aniston just does generic crap where’s she’s not even the lead all the time.

So are they just keep doing the same formula with everyone looking like they came right out retirement?

Edited by o00o

On 5/14/2021 at 9:33 PM, Silent Member said:

I'm watching the Third Day (HBO) instead. Folk horror/drama with a strong dash of innsmouth vibes (plus some psychedelic imagery) Only two episodes deep, but so far it's fingering a lot of pleasure points.

This took a turn for the worse unfortunately, peters out during episode 3 and turns into a histrionic melodrama.

Looks like there's a 12 hour episode / live event I missed that details the festival and a bunch of other stuff. I'm curious, it's available to stream on HBO's Facebook page of all places...

Edited by Silent Member

"Mord mit Aussicht". It's on Netflix. Cop from big city (Cologne) now somewhere out in the countryside (Hessen). It's depicting village societies and clichees in a funny way. Germans being Germans. I love that kind of stuff.

Related is "Neues aus Büttenwarder". It's about our northerners.

Even if exaggerated, in that kind of shows you learn a lot about local societies.

Edited by WurstPLUS
  • Like 1

Just finished up Raised by Wolves. Nutty AF innit? Thoroughly enjoyed it though - sort of a combo of Lost + the 100 with higher production values + 1000% more Prometheus/Ridley Scott.  The actress and actor who play Mother + Father are so friggin' good. 

I really, really hope all the stuff they are throwing out there actually have an explanation, and it's not a Lost writer's room "oh that's cool and mysterious, put it in, we'll figure it out later..." sort of thing. 

9.5 flying snakes / 10 android sex scenes

• Like 3

On 5/8/2021 at 9:14 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

Mare Of Easttown is quite good. 

I’m going to amend this by adding… the last 2 episodes were utter bullshit. 

Spoiler

I mean seriously, wtf. There’s no acknowledgement of why Dylan chased and abducted that Erin’s friend in the parking lot. That part was entirely forgotten and then we were made to think it was his idea to burn the journals… but then it was her idea?? And then Dylan is the good guy at the end? And the pedo priest is the good guy at the end with a full church without a dry eye in the joint?? Please. 
And then the kid? Really??? That fuckin kid? Why would the dad try to kill his own brother then? None of that shit made any logical sense. And Lor is lying her face off to the cops in every fucking scene without any repercussions and angry at mare for doing her damn job when her son MURDERED someone?? Basically everything that happened after zabel got shot was complete nonsense.  

Thanks for the warning, looks like I won't bother.

Lucifer - just finished up 2nd part of Season 5. A bit jarring because of the long break between halves, but part II delivers, and delivers, and delivers. I'm not sure I've seen anyone here mention this show - I would call it a guilty pleasure but it's really turned into one of my favorite shows of all time. Funny and entertaining at the outset, it's now doing great things with characters that I actually care about, mainly because the show delves deep into the human condition. It's a show that started strong and then just got better as time went on - the switch to Netflix clearly opened doors for the showrunners to run with it, to the best effect. 

The Harley Quinn Show (HBO Max)- Holy fucking lol. I'm not a huge Harley stan but this show has been bonkers good. It's the perfect binge watch (like 20-25 minutes per episode, so you can also just watch bite sized pieces). Not only is it hilarious but holy shit I'm on board with all the fucked up characters - you legit start to care about these miscreants, and the humor here is fantastic. Kind of reminds me of old Adult Swim stuff like Aqua Teen or Sealab 2021... but with more heart. Even a passing familiarity with the DC comics archetypes will also pay dividends as everyone is like what you know, but taken to extremes (Jim Gordon is an alcoholic whose marriage is failing and just wants Batman to acknowledge him as more than just a work colleague). Watch the first 5 minutes and you'll know where this thing is going. DO NOT WATCH THIS WITH CHILDREN IN THE ROOM 

On 6/1/2021 at 1:51 AM, Silent Member said:

All in, I think the show is mostly great. The last two episodes are just a slap in the face to the rest (I bet you can actually stop watching after episode 5 because the show almost ends in that one. The stuff that follows can be skipped). 
It just hurts to be given a genuinely good show that throws away it’s own potential well after you get hooked. 
I can say that Kate Winslet is really good in it (big surprise, she’s pretty much great in everything)… but Evan Peters is goddamn brilliant IMO . I thought he was incredible in the first season of AHS, but I’m a fanboy for real now. 

Started the plod through Vincenzo, a Korean 20 episodes series about a Korean who was adopted into an Italian mafia family and who has now returned to the country of his birth. Episodes are an hour and a half long, hence the plod, require some suspension of disbelief, but are absolutely *packed*.

Some action, some social critique, lots of laughs and of course all of that fantastic Korean overacting. Superb entertainment.

that Dr Who remaster trailer looks terrible! did they crop a 4:3 show shot on video to 2.31:1 and just denoise and sharpen the shit out of it. disguuuuusting.

1 hour ago, Silent Member said:

that Dr Who remaster trailer looks terrible! did they crop a 4:3 show shot on video to 2.31:1 and just denoise and sharpen the shit out of it. disguuuuusting.

Looks like it was shot on video originally

On 6/1/2021 at 9:51 AM, Silent Member said:

I liked it. it's a decent detective story with a very good cast. The same internet that has pronounced this series as flawed were blowing their loads over some soft brain Marvel shit a month ago.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

Looks like it was shot on video originally

Yeah, that's my point, why would you crop out the little video information that is there and blow up the image. Not to mention that you're missing half the image.

Maybe I'll give mare a shot then, after all.

Edited by Silent Member

i haven't watched any marvel cinematic universe movie or tv show

but i just watched LOKI and really enjoyed the acting and story of the first episode

anyone have an absolute favorite of the bunch that i should watch?