IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

2 hours ago, Mattthegoone said:

I thought how are they going to tie this all up in the last episode, they didn't 

Yeah they totally needed to hone their focus a bit and choose one or perhaps 1.5 main struggles, but instead we got like 4 protagonist / antagonist struggles, all half-baked and ALL revealed in the final episode.

Calling back to S1, sometimes less is more.

Spoiler

And I guess we're now OK with murder / manslaughter of those 6-ish scientists?  I mean they did kill that one lady and were complicit in poisoning the town, but the group of native ladies is guilty of at least manslaughter or perhaps murder 2.

Edited by EdamAnchorman

watching new season of "for all mankind" - it's so silly... the acting itself, the drama bits, the funny bits, feels so autodated... but I member thinking the same when I started watching the 1st season so... I guess I'll get used to it... ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

edit: can't help but think that it's on purpose in homage to 80/90's stuff...

Edited by cruising for burgers

59 minutes ago, mlon said:

I had to stop TD4 after the third episode.

Damn, it's so bad in almost all aspects.

I finished the season (grumbling my way through) and it didn’t really get any better. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I finished the season (grumbling my way through) and it didn’t really get any better. 

i watched it all the way through.  it had a lot of issues but kind of passively enjoyed it or decided not to care enough to be mad about it. some people complained that it was like an x-files episode and if you approach that way it was ok. lots of plot holes and nonsense for sure. not really putting it with the TD cannon in my head

Edited by exitonly
ficking autocorrect

6 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

u still watched about 25 episodes though... xD

yah but i spent most of season 2 and all that i saw of season 3 yelling at the show as it happened. it was so dumb. like these astronauts all hiring their immediate friends and family to be astronauts and then all competing with each other and then they are out of resources on mars but then someone shows up with vodka and then it’s a big party and then astronauts are getting into fist fights on mars. and then that first gentleman guy and his stupid bald cap that makes him look like a klingon. omg what a dumb show 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, exitonly said:

yah but i spent most of season 2 and all that i saw of season 3 yelling at the show as it happened. it was so dumb. like these astronauts all hiring their immediate friends and family to be astronauts and then all competing with each other and then they are out of resources on mars but then someone shows up with vodka and then it’s a big party and then astronauts are getting into fist fights on mars. and then that first gentleman guy and his stupid bald cap that makes him look like a klingon. omg what a dumb show 

I strongly agree!

edit: lol m9 u gotta see this...

Spoiler

weed on Mars 😂😂😂

Edited by cruising for burgers

On 2/20/2024 at 5:12 PM, EdamAnchorman said:

Yeah they totally needed to hone their focus a bit and choose one or perhaps 1.5 main struggles, but instead we got like 4 protagonist / antagonist struggles, all half-baked and ALL revealed in the final episode.

Calling back to S1, sometimes less is more.

Hide contents

And I guess we're now OK with murder / manslaughter of those 6-ish scientists?  I mean they did kill that one lady and were complicit in poisoning the town, but the group of native ladies is guilty of at least manslaughter or perhaps murder 2.

I liked it apart from the song choices. 

Edited by aderei

Did 6 episodes of The Americans, found it utterly boring and slow. I think if you watch 6 hours of something and you are forcing yourself to keep going its best to quit. It has extremely high ratings and maybe season 3 and 4 are really good but hey ho. 

Friend recommended Slow Horses on Apple+ and I've had more fun watching 10 minutes of that than I did in 6 hours of The Americans. First episode was brilliant. Looking forward to the rest. Excellent story, acting and cast and moves at pace with not a hint of dullness. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

Just finished re-watching Breaking Bad. Such an incredible show in every way. Onto Better Call Saul now.

21 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Slow Horses

Great fun, a bit silly at times in Season 2 and 3, but Gary Oldman innit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Just finished re-watching Breaking Bad. Such an incredible show in every way. Onto Better Call Saul now.

Great fun, a bit silly at times in Season 2 and 3, but Gary Oldman innit.

I also rewatched Breaking Bad not so long ago, and indeed it is incredible. However Better Call Saul, could be even better. It's perhaps not obvious at the time but on reflection I think it might take the crown.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

I also rewatched Breaking Bad not so long ago, and indeed it is incredible. However Better Call Saul, could be even better. It's perhaps not obvious at the time but on reflection I think it might take the crown.

Damn, I gotta watch Breaking Bad. There’s lots of episodes, no? The commitment is the only thing stopping me. 

21 minutes ago, YEK said:

Damn, I gotta watch Breaking Bad. There’s lots of episodes, no? The commitment is the only thing stopping me. 

It’s very engaging, as are the spin-offs 

• Like 2

The pilot for this was good, nice visual fx and it's cool to see Andrew Lincoln again. This is set in Philly, where the largest populated city seems to be, maybe? Haven't kept up with the Daryl spin-off.

Spoiler

Rick cutting off his hand seemed like a pretty on the nose tribute to Evil Dead, maybe he'll upgrade it from time to time

wd cover.jpg

5 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Very different shows and both excellent - but looking forward to the re-watch of Better Call Saul. Just gave myself a teaser and watched episode 1 last night. So good.

5 hours ago, YEK said:

Just jump in. Totally worth it.

8 hours ago, YEK said:

The funny thing is once you start getting over half way you will wish there was more! There's only one dull episode (the fly in the lab) so it's no chore to watch so it doesn't feel like a commitment. I don't actually watch that much tv and I zoomed through BB both times without breaking into a sweat over it. Whereas if I had to rewatch GOT I'd think it would be very hard work as if I remember correctly there were plenty of dull episodes, even some seasons were hard work (the ones with High Sparrow and when Arya is learning to be an assassin in that temple thing). 

• Like 2