IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

19 minutes ago, auxien said:

too many wannabe horror vibes. the CGI was pretty shit too. 

Yeah. Definitely somewhat horror-adjacent but not really scary. Homeboy interpretive dancing in the snow didn’t exactly work. 
re: cgi… not the best move when the very first scene is built on badly executed cgi concept.

but Jodie Foster 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Homeboy interpretive dancing in the snow didn’t exactly work. 
re: cgi… not the best move when the very first scene is built on badly executed cgi concept.

yes and yes

Jodie Foster is great but the other one that played detective Navarro is starting out well too. but at this point i'm not worried about the actors, i'm worried about the story and the direction...

• Like 1

for all mankind is enjoyable

cant tell if they are taking the piss

Spoiler

invoking the mayflower and columbus and then having a north korean be on the moon first after the americans and russians think theyre no1

• Like 1

was able to get a fast connection in Ushuaia and download "blue eye samurai", "scott pilgrim takes of, pantheon", "scavengers reign" and the other one I can't member the name right now… straight into my new phone, just to end up being mugged into that same night by some local thugs…

sent from my Nokia 3310

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Sad 2
  • Facepalm 1

On 1/12/2024 at 9:40 AM, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

currently watching (and very much enjoying) both fargo s5 and the curse

latest season of fargo is def the strangest one yet. almost feels lynchian in certain places. can't yet decide where i'd rank it amongst the others, but so far i'm liking it a lot.

the curse is absolute dream team territory; safdies, nathan fielder, john medeski/opn, etc. immense vibe on this one that i've never really seen done on tv. i love how wonderfully terrible the main characters are!

i have since finished these ^

both very good, but that curse finale was next fuckin level wow

@MaartenVC it's ok bruv...❤️

200$ phone... that's why I never buy expensive ones... only real problem were the pics on it but fortunately I backed them up into my laptop 1 day before...:D

oh and I need a new sim card to be able to use WhatsApp again... will be buying it in the next port, Saul Goodman! 👍

Edited by cruising for burgers

This finale was so good, but also maddening, had to lean forward and yell “Nooo!” 😉 It was really a 10 hour movie, and binging is the way to go.

IMG_0593.jpeg

• Like 3

On 1/16/2024 at 8:59 PM, aderei said:

for all mankind is enjoyable

cant tell if they are taking the piss

Reveal hidden contents

invoking the mayflower and columbus and then having a north korean be on the moon first after the americans and russians think theyre no1

I think there’s some piss taking involved. Sometimes seems like it’s going to veer hard into some unabashed American flag waving but then the American characters fuck it all up (for all mankind) pretty spectacularly, lol. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, baph said:

I think there’s some piss taking involved. Sometimes seems like it’s going to veer hard into some unabashed American flag waving but then the American characters fuck it all up (for all mankind) pretty spectacularly, lol. 

For sure. The titanic aspect of series 4 is a good switch. Why the fuck is russia so brown and miserable though? BROWN!!!! and North Korea so repressed and secretive....and the obligatory billionaire vissionary...I'm asking for too much aren't I. 

Jumped back into the new season of Fargo after taking a break after the second episode. Pretty good but I wish the writers made more of a meal of the black cop. He seems like the most interesting character and actor by far but he has the least amount of screen time and whatever time he has isn’t devoted to developing his own story. Hope that shifts. 

Only just started watching Fargo s01, three episodes in, and so far it's the best-written show I've seen in ages. Hobbit dude's a bit goofy, but I fucking love BB Thornton's character. Really looking forward to relishing the whole series after watching way too much mediocre stuff (last season of The Crown, A Murder at the End of the World ...) recently. It's been on my watchlist for years, so glad to finally have gotten around to it. Quality!

1 hour ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Jumped back into the new season of Fargo after taking a break after the second episode. Pretty good but I wish the writers made more of a meal of the black cop. He seems like the most interesting character and actor by far but he has the least amount of screen time and whatever time he has isn’t devoted to developing his own story. Hope that shifts. 

dont get your hopes up

On 1/20/2024 at 12:18 PM, exitonly said:

dont get your hopes up

??? it only gets better in S2... S3 seemed similar to S1, but was still an excellent season. better then so much crap out there. quality dropped in S4, I still think Chris Rock was a bad casting decision. 

edit: nm. I see you were talking about S5, which I haven't watched yet.

On 1/19/2024 at 4:01 PM, Rubin Farr said:

It was really a 10 hour movie, and binging is the way to go.

yeah I've switched to the binging method for just about any show I watch these days. it's so much easier to follow the whole story, remember character names, etc. especially with a show like Fargo that has a ton of characters and plot lines that all weave around and connect eventually. I'll be starting on S5 soon now all episodes are out there.

Edited by zero
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, zero said:

edit: nm. I see you were talking about S5, which I haven't watched yet.

i was talking about the arc of a specific character in season five. 

season 4 sucked yeh. had potential but nope

11 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

pretty strong X-Files vibes so far

td poster.jpg

I've been hearing mixed things about it. Gonna wait until it finishes so I can subscribe to Max and binge it. Love the X-Files, so this encouraging.

• Like 1

finished Fargo S5. was excellent. the final ending scene took a minute to sink in, but am glad that's how it went. this season was far more supernatural than I think some of the past ones were. a lot of really great cinematography and visual elements as usual, like those Tim Burton Halloween masks. yeah the MN accents were definitely over the top, but they were like that in the movie as well so

if I were to rank the seasons, would probably be something like 2, 1, 5, 3, 4

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 3:39 PM, Rubin Farr said:

pretty strong X-Files vibes so far

td poster.jpg

Loving this, but don't love having to wait a week for the next episode like I'm living in the olden days or something.

• Like 1