IGNORED

Squarepusher - Ufabulum

Redruth

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lucy Faringold

I ordered the CD + EP, but bleep's confirmation left out "California" on the shipping address (which section of the order form I filed out properly). So it'll probably never get here.

Yeah every time I order from Bleep the address gets mangled on-screen but the package is always labelled correctly. Don't worry about it.

I ordered the CD + EP, but bleep's confirmation left out "California" on the shipping address (which section of the order form I filed out properly). So it'll probably never get here.

Yeah every time I order from Bleep the address gets mangled on-screen but the package is always labelled correctly. Don't worry about it.

Either that or Tom will have a new fan in California.

Either that or Tom will have a new fan in California.

isn't it the zip code in the mailing address that really matters anyway?

I wonder how it's meant to be pronounced... I've been thinking OOO-FUH-BYOO-LUMM but I just realised it could be YOO-FAB-YOO-LUM or OO-FAB-YOO-LUM which is much better.

YOO-FAB-YOO-LUM is how the dj on the radio showcasing the new tracks pronounced it. Who knows? How long did it take us to know how to pronounce Autechre or Drukqs?

Oh Shit Japanese CD!!!! Why in Japan, they r ever a bonus track!! Shit-shit-shit!

Ufabulum

1. 4001

2. Unreal Square

3. Stadium

4. Energy Wizard

5. Red In blue

6. The Metallurgist

7. Drax 2

8. Dark Steering

9. 303 Scopem Hard

10. Ecstatic Shock

11. On Crack *Bonus Track for Japan

Enstrobia EP

1.Angel Integer

2.Panic Massive

3.40.96a

R there japan WATMMers here?

OK, i pre-order this (from Warp), because it's more expensive 2 buy it from japan...

Oh Shit Japanese CD!!!! Why in Japan, they r ever a bonus track!! Shit-shit-shit!

OK, i pre-order this (from Warp), because it's more expensive 2 buy it from japan...

I like how you just answered your own question.

I like how you just answered your own question.

What's my own question? I want the bonus track from japanese cd version! But it's expensive 2 buy it from beatport or www.hmv.co.jp...

has anyone heard this album, no samples anywhere? you know, what if its a stinker and all the gimmicks go out the window?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LSDue1hTYA

Sounds incredible

What bothers me is that what I've heard from the album so far has nothing to do with these videos ; it sounds quite cheesy imo. I hope it's just a bad first impression.

has anyone heard this album, no samples anywhere? you know, what if its a stinker and all the gimmicks go out the window?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LSDue1hTYA

Sounds incredible

What bothers me is that what I've heard from the album so far has nothing to do with these videos ; it sounds quite cheesy imo. I hope it's just a bad first impression.

Is it possible that what you heard from the album was fake/not actually from the album? Because these videos are the live performance of the album.

The four tracks I've heard are Dark Steering, Energy Wizard, Red In Blue and a fourth one I can't remember the name of (but it was played on the same radio show than Red In Blue ; it's probably Stadium Ice).

I feel guilty I've listened to those as the quality was awfully creepy, but being a fanboy makes you make silly things. Anyway I don't think the tracks were fakes as they were all coming from some radio shows (links somewhere in the other thread of the featured artists section).

The four tracks I've heard are Dark Steering, Energy Wizard, Red In Blue and a fourth one I can't remember the name of (but it was played on the same radio show than Red In Blue ; it's probably Stadium Ice).

I feel guilty I've listened to those as the quality was awfully creepy, but being a fanboy makes you make silly things. Anyway I don't think the tracks were fakes as they were all coming from some radio shows (links somewhere in the other thread of the featured artists section).

I understand. Those are all legit tracks off the album, the melodies are kind of 80s cop show cheesy lol (I think someone said that earlier in the thread too). I really liked them myself, but like you said the sound quality is terrible. A big part of his, and most good albums, is the sound quality. I don't want to make any judgements until I've heard it on my stereo, loud!!!

:beer:

I understand. Those are all legit tracks off the album, the melodies are kind of 80s cop show cheesy lol (I think someone said that earlier in the thread too). I really liked them myself, but like you said the sound quality is terrible. A big part of his, and most good albums, is the sound quality. I don't want to make any judgements until I've heard it on my stereo, loud!!!

Same for me but what I'm sure is my stereo won't make those four tracks getting the insane massiveness of the tracks from the gig videos (except maybe for Dark Steering which I found kinda dumb and disappointing when I listened to it a few times, about two weeks ago. I believe playing it loud in a good quality could actually be nice).

wait and hear

on a related note, I remember being immensely disappointed when hearing the Bleep's excerpts from Just A Souvenir, then I gave a proper listen to the album and it blasted my brain.

Guest CraniumXII

Same for me but what I'm sure is my stereo won't make those four tracks getting the insane massiveness of the tracks from the gig videos (except maybe for Dark Steering which I found kinda dumb and disappointing when I listened to it a few times, about two weeks ago. I believe playing it loud in a good quality could actually be nice).

wait and hear

on a related note, I remember being immensely disappointed when hearing the Bleep's excerpts from Just A Souvenir, then I gave a proper listen to the album and it blasted my brain.

Yeah... I definitely think judgment should be reserved till we hear the proper audio. There are sounds that I can hear panning, glitch effects that I hear cascading clearly... but even the radio samples are too muddy.

I agree with the cheese factor in "Energy Wizard" and "Stadium Ice", but a lot of the other tracks seem more visceral. Stadium Ice sounds like the most "anthemic", uplifting track. Energy Wizard has the cheese, but has such a great breakdown... The way the melody flourished out of the aggressive portion was just really well done, IMO. All the elements of the track really come together during the last 15 seconds of the track. That is another one of those Squarepusher elements... I think he intentionally challenges the listener by using sounds and progressions that might seem odd at first listen, but usually make sense by the end of the track, or after a couple of listens. I like "Dark Steering"... but I'm still not sure about the race car sound... though it too makes sense in the context of the track. While his bass is soaring, the race car sound is reminiscent of the sort of ambulance sound used in Venus No. 17, which is a good thing.

Archived