IGNORED

Beastie Boys Co-Founder Adam Yauch Dead at 48

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whatever happened to hot sauce part 1? is there a posthumous release on the horizon?

part 2 = part 1 with slightly altered tracklist.

doubt there's a real part 2. heard it was all a scam/prank.

PHOTOS BY TERRY RICHARDSON

tumblr_m3ilwnJgqh1qa42jro1_1280.jpg

R.I.P. MCA

tumblr_m3im2lvufa1qa42jro1_1280.jpg

The Beastie Boys on Greenwich Street #3

tumblr_m3ilx71EnI1qa42jro1_1280.jpg

Me and The Beastie Boys.

tumblr_m3im24SQYF1qa42jro1_1280.jpg

The Beastie Boys as Me #2

tumblr_m3im1mG3XE1qa42jro1_1280.jpg

The Beastie Boys as Me #1

tumblr_m3im13BkVC1qa42jro1_1280.jpg

The Beastie Boys on Greenwich Street #2

tumblr_m3im0m7gpa1qa42jro1_1280.jpg

The Beastie Boys on Greenwich Street #1

There's no such thing, it's like the Traveling Wilburys Vol. 2

Oh yeah what's this then?

http://en.wikipedia....tsaucecover.jpg

Hotsaucecover.jpg

Kind of ominous that MCA is the last one on the infinite escalator and the only one rescuing a kitty from the rainforest

I'm also envious of guys who can rock a jewfro like that.

in fact what is everyone's fav?

my first instinct was to say "hello nasty", but then a part of my brain rejected that, because that would mean not picking "paul's boutique". then "check your head" and "ill communication" entered my mind, and i got a headache.

so, my fav is all of the above.

yea I struggle too. I have serious attachment to all of them as they very attached to so many different times in my life. I honestly bought liscensed to ill on tape in 86 and proceeded to buy and play the shit out of every single release.

gun to my head though, if I had to choose one to take with me to a desert island, I'd have a hard time choosing between hello nasty and ill communication.

you should check out the original intergalactic, it's actually in that mix keltoi posted. what a difference.

and yea, fucking mix master mike is just an animal. I recently dug out a disc I had of his, anti-theft device. it still stands up today. killer.

in fact what is everyone's fav?

pauls_boutique.jpg

I have it on cassette, cd, and double gatefold vinyl. In grade 11, the tape never left my walkman (yeah 1990 reprazent!)

Like I said earlier in the thread - I wouldn't be the person I am today without that record.

what's you favorite album keltoi?

paul's boutique and ill communication... aaggh i can't choose between them!

much under-rated imo, the in sound from way out is a big album for me also... takes me right back to the time and place. aged 22. big smokin/chill out/come down record. permanently in my car.

Paul's Boutique hands down favourite

Closely followed by Check Yo Head

Then Ill coms or Hello Nasty

Then 5 Boroughs.

Hated Licensed to Ill when it came out so it's only really lols when i hear it now.

Haven't heard Hot Sauce and Mix Up

Oh shit.... forgot about this... best video ever???

Hello Nasty would be my fav as well, with Check Your Head right behind it. Tracks like The Negotiation Limerick File, Electrify, Remote Control, Sneakin Out The Hospital, etc are just so bloody good

paul's boutique sounds flat, never enjoyed it. i always felt like it was still too prankty teeny weeny party lp that served its purpose as a gateaway album to more adventurous experiments they conducted later rather than being a true masterpiece in itself. check your head is my fav, i think that's the point they figured it out.

Hello Nasty. Their most creative, versatile record. and the production is amazing on that one.

followed by Ill communication. which contains some of their strongest tracks.

Archived