IGNORED

Funny Pictures Part 2

Joyrex

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*throws away hat collection*

Seriously though. Do people not realise that the mere act of discriminating against people who wear hats that look like fedoras is pretty similar to those who say that all women can be conquered using a set of tactics/tricks?

huh what? similar? in what way?

people who wear trilbys say that women can be won using a set of tricks. please see previous illustration for answer.

I sometimes wear hats that are similar in style to a trilby (not cheap shitty ones like in the above photo though), and I have never once thought that women can be won using a set of tricks. My point being that associating a trilby/fedora with creepy pick up artist bullshit is the same kind of prejudice as someone saying that women who dress in revealing clothing are sluts. I think it's time to start a 'reclaim the fedora' campaign, or something. This is getting ridiculous.

I've never heard of the association between the two things. The illustration is just saying that people that wear that hat usually are hopelessly unattractive and somewhat socially stunted. Sure these type of people will be then open to things like 'how to pick up women' txt files and videos on the internet. But in the graphic above the hat was put there because it was ridiculing fedora wearers. Don't take it personally though mode one, they look marginally better on you than they do on the people the graphic was intended to ridicule.

people who wear trilbys say that women can be won using a set of tricks. please see previous illustration for answer.

I sometimes wear hats that are similar in style to a trilby (not cheap shitty ones like in the above photo though), and I have never once thought that women can be won using a set of tricks. My point being that associating a trilby/fedora with creepy pick up artist bullshit is the same kind of prejudice as someone saying that women who dress in revealing clothing are sluts. I think it's time to start a 'reclaim the fedora' campaign, or something. This is getting ridiculous.

fedora's are associated with pua's? seriously? i was thinking about bronies... lol

Just stop wearing fedoras with really trendy small brims if you want to not look like a douche. Nobody hates hats in general.

Also fuck fedoras with pinstripes. If you wear one of those there is no hope.

Well, the only one I still wear is made of black straw, with a short brim, but it doesn't have the side 'dents' that a fedora would have. It's slightly more like a porkpie hat, but similar enough to a fedora to be confused for one. I don't do long brims. They look even more douchey, imo.

And yeah, there seems to be a strong association with pua/'nice guy' movements, at least according to a fair amount of my friends, who have adopted 'fedora' as a derogatory term.

Oh and also, fuck pinstripe hats. At least I can agree about that.

I used to know a guy who has long dreadlocks and wears a Trilby perched on top. He doesn't wear the hat, it just balances on top of his hair. It was fucking ridiculous and was uncomfortable to be seen walking with him in public.

not really funny but I didn't know where else to post this. I guess it is kind of funny if you try and connect brass bands to acid house...

1467313_10151910234098145_2089583967_n.j

not really funny but I didn't know where else to post this. I guess it is kind of funny if you try and connect brass bands to acid house...

1467313_10151910234098145_2089583967_n.j

So lost as to what this actually is meant to represent.

Posted Image

I'm sorry but this makes no fucking sense. To say that the links are tenuous would be a massive understatement.

Archived