IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest Frankie5fingers

SFIII:3rdS (how's that for an abbreviation?) has the most amen breaks I've ever heard in a video game, backed up with lame General MIDI jazz. In other words, it's exactly like listening to Squarepusher and is therefore the most WATMM beat-em-up you can play.

so what youre saying is that Squarepusher is Lame General Midi Jazz? why are you here then?

SFIII:3rdS (how's that for an abbreviation?) has the most amen breaks I've ever heard in a video game, backed up with lame General MIDI jazz. In other words, it's exactly like listening to Squarepusher and is therefore the most WATMM beat-em-up you can play.

so what youre saying is that Squarepusher is Lame General Midi Jazz? why are you here then?

*Reaches over and turns on Frankie5finger's Troll Detector*

Guest Frankie5fingers

*Reaches over and turns on Frankie5finger's Troll Detector*

hey he wrote it! lol.

im not denying that street fighter's a good group of games. great in fact. better than most games in other genres too. but ive played all games from both series. street fighters best game has to Alpha 2. that was freakin amazing. but i felt that the mechanics (which is the huge aspect in fighters) in Guilty Gear (specifically XX) were some of the best fighting mechanics ive seen in all the fighters ive played to date.

Honestly, the Walking Dead games are probably the best thing to happen in point - and - click adventures since Grim Fandango.

If you're a puzzles person, you may be put out a little - the games are easy as hell. But the choices and characterisation are what makes them shine.

I like puzzles, but also enjoy characterization. And I'm thinking of getting it more for my S.O., who is a big fan of the comic series, completely awful at twitchy fast gaming, and who is understandably disappointed in the TV show for featuring a self-absorbed anorexic losing track of her child three times per episode cut with 15 minutes of women crying because they're supposed to stay home and cry whilst the menfolk kill walkers.

I think your partner will love it. It's very accessible in terms of game mechanics, and while I haven't read the comics myself I'm told the games are much more faithful to their tone than the TV show. I watched the first episode of that and thought it was bad.

Guest Frankie5fingers

so ive been looking for new simulation city building games for quite some time now and im getting bored of Sim City. i just saw a game Called Cities XL on steam. Anyone know anything about this series? it looks very interesting.

Why don't you just wait for the new Sim City? It looks amazing! I haven't played a Sim City game since Sim City 3000, which wasn't nearly as good as 2000, but I am fucking pumped to play the new one.

Guest Frankie5fingers

Why don't you just wait for the new Sim City? It looks amazing! I haven't played a Sim City game since Sim City 3000, which wasn't nearly as good as 2000, but I am fucking pumped to play the new one.

like i said, im getting bored of em. to me, theyre all the same. and this new game i found looks incredibly realistic. honestly it could probably pass off as a basic city planning program. it looks super in depth, Sim always was very user friendly, which is great, but there never was any realism to it. it was just point and place. i saw a vid of this new game and you have to be wary where you place things. so far thats what ive found out. and besides, i saw a vid of the new Sim, and it looks like every single other one Imo.

I am also pumped for new Sim City.... Although I just read about the always on internet connection requisite, which is a turn off. Also, I guess you can't destroy your city now.

Meanwhile I'm trying to Platinum Dark Souls before the DLC comes out. I still need to get the trophy for the rare weapons, and a stray miracle and pyromancy that is eluding me.

I started playing League of Legends because it looked solid mechanically, and is free to play. I never knew this game had such a huge following/world wide presence. I guess it's because I never paid attention to any RTS games. I'm hooked though, slowly learning my way around the game as legitimate players start free fresh accounts to harass and beat newcomers like myself. One thing that bothers me is team dependency; having one or two players on your team that struggle usually precludes any idea of winning; forcing you to eat shit for the next 45 minutes.

Edited by taint

Guest disparaissant

EarthBound_Box.jpg

i forgot how

1.) good

and

2.) unforgiving

this game is

i think when i beat it i will give the super mario RPG a go, haven't played that in at least ten years

xcom enemy unknown - 3/10

i finished the game yesterday and my feelings about it are a mix of disappointment and disgust. besides graphics and animations this game dumbed down every single element from the previous games. and it looks especially primitive when you have the underrated, super ambitious, and somewhat unpolished x-com apocalypse in mind (which came out 15 years ago !!). everything about this game screams mid-late 00's consolized cutscene-core rail shooters. there's just so many things it absolutely wrong that i don't know even where to start..

where's the fucking inventory which adds tremendous amount of flexibility and tactical depth at the small price of micromanagement frustrations ? what if the player doesn't have enough juice to clear the whole place and can only kill a couple of aliens and capture their equipment, abandon the area and research those at homebase ? you can't do it.

what if i want to level the whole building where the aliens are supposedly hiding on top of them ? or make alternative entrances for flanking ? you can't do it. prone/crouch to improve aim and cover ? - no. use items of fallen comrades/aliens ? - no inventory motherfucker.

even the sound design is laughable, where in apocalypse sound was cruicial to identifying the alien type and its location, here you get a huge graphical marker that appears seemingly randomly and shows the exact location of the enemy. and the most horrible thing about it there's absolutely no element of tension because first you have to uncover a squad of enemies that are always static by default and only then they'll become active, the only exception are terror missions where the aliens are actively killing civies but i've only had 3 of those in the whole playthrough.

the actual tactical gameplay is not terrible but it's a joke when compared to the flexibility and depth of apocalypse. the granades and rockets always hit the designated target regardless of soldier's aim, the shots that miss can only damage the environment and not the soldiers/enemies that stand nearby which make's it very binary - hit or miss. no base invasions, only one base available, the intercepting is just completely retarded, the interface ? i don't even want to talk about it. the extremely interesting and game affecting interaction with the world in apocalypse ? the item market ? - lol... and i could continue ad-infinum..

the saddest thing about it is all the 9/10 (on average) ratings it receives, which just seem so unreal to me.

tldr - this is a slightly less fucktarded tactical shooter than the usual current-gen console crop which has very little to do with the xcom classics. if you think it's a good game - kill yourself.

Edited by eugene

Guest Mirezzi

Anybody playing Dishonored on console? If so, are the graphics hurt by that?

I want to get it on PS3 so I can lazily play it from my couch, but I worry it will look/run like shit because let's be honest: the fucking PS3 is really old.

Anybody playing Dishonored on console? If so, are the graphics hurt by that?

I want to get it on PS3 so I can lazily play it from my couch, but I worry it will look/run like shit because let's be honest: the fucking PS3 is really old.

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/dishonored-pc-vs-playstation-3-face-off-video