IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

It jumped up $20,000 as I watched the video. I suspect it might just reach that target...

already at $47x,xxx. will probably break $500k before i leave from work. surprised how little traction the forumla fusion kickstarter is gaining though and they already have so much more to show for their work.

Guest bitroast

hooooooly shit that was fast... was literally just watching the kickstarter be funded infront of my eyes hahaha.

recently watched this which given the timing of being recently uploaded, obviously times in nicely as upcoming promotion for the kickstarter.

funny watching the translator slip into tipsy territory throughout the vid.

but anyhow. moving from pixel to 2.5d is scary move. the pixel animation on symphony of the night is so loooooooooooooooooovely.....<333

I'm wondering how Konami will play this E3, they have to show MGS5 right? No playable Zelda is a huge boner killer.

You can almost bet that the new Zelda will be a launch title for Nintendo's NX system... ala Twilight Princess for Gamecube/Wii

Nah. Too soon. The NX system is still at LEAST 2 years away.

But they might just do an ULTRAHD-version when the NX system comes out.

Iwata comfirmed NX will not be shown til 2016. Zelda not shown til 2016, looks very sparce for Wii U owners this year. They have Mario Maker, New Kirby, and New Yoshi. All 2D games, that says something. WTF is Retro working on in Austin? It better be good.

Guest donk

On the subject of 2D metroidvania style games, has anyone played Guacamelee!? I enjoyed it immensely. The gameplay and design are top notch.

Guest bitroast

Ah, just read the news. Seems likely.

Anyway, I can't wait for them to show "Wii U Too/2"

if the new mario series was anything to go by i think it's fair to assume it will be called.. the New Nintendo Wii U

On the subject of 2D metroidvania style games, has anyone played Guacamelee!? I enjoyed it immensely. The gameplay and design are top notch.

loved it on vita. about to play the "free" ps+ release w/all the dlc i never bought before.

lots of guac talk in here over the last week or so huh? it is a great game, and I actually love the music, but i'm a sucker for cheesy bombastic crap

I've started playing it too - I like all the nods to Mexican culture in the game so far.

I'm wanting to get Nom Nom Galaxy, since it (I guess) is the next PixelJunk game - has anyone got it and liked it?

Dragon Quest VIII coming to 3DS, in Japan

http://www.dragonquest.jp/dq8/

now that's a game i'd pay for an hd rerelease of, considering i never beat it and my ps2 is kaputt

I still have my PS2 limited edition copy... got to the first end encounter with the villain, got my ass kicked and realized I needed to do a LOT more grinding, and put it aside.

I can't wait 'til I'm home from Uni for the summer. I have shitty internet in my room, so I can't play games online and I don't have that much free time either. I'm basically living in the third world.

Stuff I'm looking foward to playing:

Batman Arkham Knight

Bloodborne (if I get a PS4)

More Destiny (if they fix everything)

Monster Hunter 4 (if I get a 3DS)

Isaac: Rebirth

Dark Souls 2 SoFS (I still haven't played DS2 at all, but Dark Souls is one of my favourite games)

finally decided to build dedicated emulation console (rather than rely on laptop) with retro pie raspberry a pi2 and two ps3 controllers. should be able to emulate everything up to n64/ps1 with ease using what is basically the greatest controller of all time. $80 for a pi2 kit plus a bluetooth dongle. should be here in time for me to setup over the weekend

PS3 greatest controller of all time? Surely you must be joking. The L2 & R2 on that thing are shit, as are the anal log sticks. 360 controller tops it & PS4 controller tops both of them in every conceivable way.

don't really like the analog sticks on ps4 and won't be doing much l2/r2 for retro gaming. it's all about that dpad and the 360's dpad is garbage

and the battery life on ps4 is trash because of that stupid light

The WItcher 3 is getting really good scores across the board, looks pretty sick but I'll probably wait to pick it up til it's a little cheaper, got a lot of other stuff I'm playing atm. Plus when Arkham Knight comes out I'll be fixed on that for a while.