IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

color me surprised. ultra street fighter 4 on ps4 will support ps3 sticks: http://kotaku.com/ultra-street-fighter-iv-will-support-playstation-3-figh-1706279392. seems likely that v will too

Probably due to the huge outcry of potentially needing to buy another peripheral that has an identical connector and buttons... (granted the PS3 sticks don't have "Share" and "Options" buttons, but I reckon those get/can be mapped to other buttons.

PoliteDistortedFieldmouse.gif

Holy LOL

color me surprised. ultra street fighter 4 on ps4 will support ps3 sticks: http://kotaku.com/ultra-street-fighter-iv-will-support-playstation-3-figh-1706279392. seems likely that v will too

Probably due to the huge outcry of potentially needing to buy another peripheral that has an identical connector and buttons... (granted the PS3 sticks don't have "Share" and "Options" buttons, but I reckon those get/can be mapped to other buttons

you mean start and select? ;p

i'm just surprised since capcom is like, the biggest nickle'n'dimer out there. looking promising for tekken 7

installed the new witcher patch and suddenly everything works flawlessly. keyboard controls are still shit though, so might start using the 360 gamepad instead.

Working great for me too. I'm getting used to the keyboard controls now. They seem to get the job done.

I have no idea why I'm suddenly so interested in Bloodborne, considering I hated Dark Souls with a passion. I'm at a point now where I know I'm getting it and I can already feel my blood pressure rising to a dangerous level. Tsk tsk...

Aaaaaand, giving Dark Souls yet another (last ever) try fixed this right away. Different strokes I guess, but at least I saved me some monies.

They're very different in the style of combat required/possible. Obviously the controls and 'feel' of the games are VERY similar, and the slow methodical style of Dark Souls is definitely not for everyone. If you're enjoying Bloodborne, Demon's Souls might be more your speed, but it's still very close in fighting style to Dark Souls. Plus, you need to have a PS3.

I have no idea why I'm suddenly so interested in Bloodborne, considering I hated Dark Souls with a passion. I'm at a point now where I know I'm getting it and I can already feel my blood pressure rising to a dangerous level. Tsk tsk...

Aaaaaand, giving Dark Souls yet another (last ever) try fixed this right away. Different strokes I guess, but at least I saved me some monies.

They're very different in the style of combat required/possible. Obviously the controls and 'feel' of the games are VERY similar, and the slow methodical style of Dark Souls is definitely not for everyone. If you're enjoying Bloodborne, Demon's Souls might be more your speed, but it's still very close in fighting style to Dark Souls. Plus, you need to have a PS3.

Dark Souls is one of the least enjoyable games I've ever played. I guess I can see why someone would enjoy it, but I still think it's absolutely terrible. Doesn't seem to respect the player's time at all, which all the reason I need to stop playing it. Being challenged by a game is not something I'm very interested in these days either, so that famous feeling of "accomplishment" one's supposed to get from beating a boss in these games is completely lost on me. So yeah, despite the sweet visuals I'm quite sure Bloodborne would be a total waste of money from me. Not a popular opinion, I know, but eh...

Appreciate the input though <3

loving DA:I. I'm such a completist sucker, I'm gonna be binging on this for weeks. Also went back and started a new game of Rayman Legends, can't say enough good things about that one either. AAA games that actually deliver... :wub:

Edited by luke viia

Dark Souls is one of the least enjoyable games I've ever played. I guess I can see why someone would enjoy it, but I still think it's absolutely terrible. Doesn't seem to respect the player's time at all, which all the reason I need to stop playing it. Being challenged by a game is not something I'm very interested in these days either, so that famous feeling of "accomplishment" one's supposed to get from beating a boss in these games is completely lost on me. So yeah, despite the sweet visuals I'm quite sure Bloodborne would be a total waste of money from me. Not a popular opinion, I know, but eh...

Appreciate the input though <3

Oh, the way you said it I thought you were currently playing Bloodborne. Those types of games are definitely not for everyone, which is all well and good. :)

Just finished a nostalgia run through Castlevania: SOTN after seeing all the Iga videos. Still one of the best games ever.

Still rocking Borderlands 2 PC. 378 hours deep according to Steam.

Lv 72 OP 8 Siren

Lv 47 Commando

Lv 52 Mechromancer

Lv 15 Gunzerker

Haven't really gotten into Psycho & Assassin classes. I estimate if I get all 6 classes up to 72 OP 8 with optimal legendary gear builds I'll probably be looking at about 1500 hours (that's what some of the people I play with online have logged). Then I can finally move on to "The Pre-Sequel".

I'm reinstalling World of Warcraft. Am I an idiot?

the magic has long since gone imo.

I dunno, I'm still having fun with it.

I'm reinstalling World of Warcraft. Am I an idiot?

the magic has long since gone imo.

I dunno, I'm still having fun with it.

Reports:

I downloaded and activated my 10 free days.

I haven't played it since 2010, so many things have changed. The very first thing I noted was the difficulty. I felt it really, really easy. In my days it used to be quite frustrating (but fun) to level from 1 to 15. I'm now 14 in a very short time. Maybe it's cause I'm more intelligent than my 15 years old counterpart? Dunno, I think the game helped me a fucking lot.

But well I'll still play it to see more things :)

Edited by logakght

Currently playing Battleground Z on my 3DS from a gift card I received. Only Nintendo could come up with these crazy attacks: taking zombies to a disco and dancing them to death, forcing them to cram for a test and study to death, using an iPad as a melee weapon. Cute is an understatement.

http://kotaku.com/here-is-a-thing-that-happens-in-the-3ds-streetpass-zomb-1706302245

Still lukewarm on The Witcher 3. Decided to play some Rayman Legends instead. Now there's a game!

And when I play Rayman I think to myself, "that's what I want the future of gaming to be like!" I want crisp animations, awesome art direction, great music, and great controls. I don't care about godrays, shaders, 5.1 Surround etc. If you can't make that sort of thing work then don't. Make something that works. Make it simple, make it good. I'm looking at you CD Projekt Red...

Just finished a nostalgia run through Castlevania: SOTN after seeing all the Iga videos. Still one of the best games ever.

what percent and roughly how long did it take you? it's probably been a few years since i played it last.

Took about 6 hours. I don't bother uncovering as much of the map as possible (because I did that numerous times in my youth), this time I just wanted to experience the highlights again and grab all the best items which I suprisingly still have committed to memory. Basically as soon as I get to the inverted castle I run to the library and kill Schmoos until I get the crissaegrim, and then I can just plow through the whole inverted castle in under an hour and kill Dracula in 10 seconds. It's totally game-breaking and awesome.

but that's just the same platformer, trial-and-error masturbatory thing from the 80's. just the card game from witcher 3 is deeper than that.

Yeah, but I didn't necessarily mean platformers. It goes for all genres.

beat shovel knight. it was great imo, i hope they make a sequel or whatever.

there is a planned free dlc campaign called plague of shadows that's supposed to come out eventually: http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/03/introducing-shovel-knight-plague-of-shadows-playstation-release-date-pax-east-plush/