IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

broke down and bought DA: inquisition (30% off at the origin site). I'm always reluctant to pay full price for AAA games but I love the heck out of the DA series and I'm looking forward to losing more than a few weekends to this. sorry real life, I'm out for a while.

Just completed Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (prequel to The New Order). Pretty solid overall, but fairly short.
It's kind of a throwback to the 2001 RtCW in terms of story, and even has a hidden classic Wolf 3D "Nightmare" level in each chapter. The characters have realistic dialogue as well - no wooden "actors" here.

Anyway, for those of you Steam users interested in Capcom titles I think they still have a big sale going on right now.

played witcher 3 for a bit. crashed to desktop twice and showed artifacts a couple of times. im on a brand new i7 4790k / 16gb ram / gtx 970. fucking goddamnit.

played witcher 3 for a bit. crashed to desktop twice and showed artifacts a couple of times. im on a brand new i7 4790k / 16gb ram / gtx 970. fucking goddamnit.

pretty much anything with decent graphics is unstable this days it seems.

was rummaging through hoarded ps+ games on ps3 the other nite. started playing through ducktales remastered. either they added way more easy to find secrets in this game or i'm much better at finding them now than i was when i was like 10. already beat the main levels and now onto vesuvius. really felt like i beat the game as a kid and don't remember the extra last level at all

Guest bitroast

They added n tweaked the gameplay heaps. The NES game was very open and let you explore the levels and stumble onto the secrets (but most were never too detrimental to beating the level or progressing forward). The remastered game alters the level flow a bit and sort of guides (forces??) you a bit more into covering the levels a bit more thoroughly and covering all the secrets..

The remastered game is pretty lovingly done and the animation is gorgeous but the alterations to the original gameplay take away from the charm quite a bit for me at least !! ) plus the constant cutscenes/dialogue is a bit too interrupting for me.

Definitely feels like a remake more than a mere remaster job.

Its a weird game. I wanna hate on it and tear it apart but it looks so nice and gorgeous plus a lot of people seem to genuinely love it ? Ducktales nes for life !!!! For me, imo. At least :)

Edited by bitroast

Watched a livestream of Splatoon on Wii U last night - game is pretty good, looks fun - definitely a change from the standard shooter. The only thing I see hurting this game's chances are Nintendo not supporting it with DLC after it comes out quickly enough (I'm looking at you Mario Kart 8), and the relatively small Wii U userbase (and probably even smaller online Wii U userbase that's not playing SSBWiiU).

The Wii U is looking pretty barren for the remainder of the year, and I'm not sure the influx of indie titles that have been on PC/other consoles for ages now will help much.

I like the look of splatoon, might get me a Wii U in the future, so cheap in the second hand stores now.

Currently playing Guns, Gore And Cannoli, a side scroller about an Italian mobster killing zombies. Pretty fun, but apparently is quite short.

[youtubehd]0m8jeqMrR2o[/youtubehd]

Dragon Quest VIII coming to 3DS, in Japan

http://www.dragonquest.jp/dq8/

now that's a game i'd pay for an hd rerelease of, considering i never beat it and my ps2 is kaputt

I still have my PS2 limited edition copy... got to the first end encounter with the villain, got my ass kicked and realized I needed to do a LOT more grinding, and put it aside.

That's exactly my experience with this game too, which is a shame cause there's apparently a whole lot of game after that

Anyone try Invisible, Inc. yet?

[youtubehd]WZ8b_J7DS64[/youtubehd]

Naw, but I've been seeing reviews and stuff on it for the past couple weeks, it looks great. Wish it was on console (PS4 specifically) because I really don't enjoy playing games on my Mac. Having to use a keyboard interface to play a game is generally a deal breaker for me. Gamepad or bust.

Naw, but I've been seeing reviews and stuff on it for the past couple weeks, it looks great. Wish it was on console (PS4 specifically) because I really don't enjoy playing games on my Mac. Having to use a keyboard interface to play a game is generally a deal breaker for me. Gamepad or bust.

You can also buy USB gamepads that work with PC's (I'm assuming some if not all are compatible with Mac) and you can buy an adapter that enables you to use wireless xbox controllers with PC for $10, which there might also be a Mac compatible version. The adapter is a bitch to install though. Very odd. Had to watch a russian dude explain it on youtube.

You can use gamepads with mac. Playstation pads sync automatically via bluetooth.

You just made my day, donk. I think I knew this at some point but had totally forgotten it once I did get a PS4. Awesome. :gamer::wang:

You can also buy USB gamepads that work with PC's (I'm assuming some if not all are compatible with Mac) and you can buy an adapter that enables you to use wireless xbox controllers with PC for $10, which there might also be a Mac compatible version. The adapter is a bitch to install though. Very odd. Had to watch a russian dude explain it on youtube.

Yeah I was definitely not wanting to do the bullshit of trying to make it work...but it looks like the PS4<->Mac connection is very simple. Going to try it tonight :)

I have no idea why I'm suddenly so interested in Bloodborne, considering I hated Dark Souls with a passion. I'm at a point now where I know I'm getting it and I can already feel my blood pressure rising to a dangerous level. Tsk tsk...

They added n tweaked the gameplay heaps. The NES game was very open and let you explore the levels and stumble onto the secrets (but most were never too detrimental to beating the level or progressing forward). The remastered game alters the level flow a bit and sort of guides (forces??) you a bit more into covering the levels a bit more thoroughly and covering all the secrets..

The remastered game is pretty lovingly done and the animation is gorgeous but the alterations to the original gameplay take away from the charm quite a bit for me at least !! ) plus the constant cutscenes/dialogue is a bit too interrupting for me.

Definitely feels like a remake more than a mere remaster job.

Its a weird game. I wanna hate on it and tear it apart but it looks so nice and gorgeous plus a lot of people seem to genuinely love it ? Ducktales nes for life !!!! For me, imo. At least :)

yeah the numerous "story" interactions were a bit much. you're totally right, the newer interactions basically forced you to explore the entire game which is why i managed to find all the health upgrades. the only one i ever used to find was the one in transylvania (for some reason i always just assumed this was the only one). beat it last nite. decent way to spend a few hours. they really harped on the moon theme during the credits :)

It's fun. Looks great, the voice acting is good, quick games with replayability. It's essentially passive stealth X-Com with variety and scalable difficulty.

New game console coming soon in Japan that plays all the old classic console games:

http://www.cybergadget.co.jp/retrofreak/

This is by far the most impressive retro console I have seen yet.

Aw sweet!

I was thinking about buying the Retron 5 about a month ago, but I've hard it can be a piece of poo. The controller looks kinda shitty.

Now that I think of it, didn't it turn out that they had stolen some code from some MAMEs?

I'm guessing this is another emulator, but the added bonus of being able to read carts is nice for folks who still own the physical stuff.