IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Just finished second playthrough on Wolfenstein: The New Order. Sat thru the ending credits and lo and behold...Richard Devine pops up as one of the guys who worked on the original game soundtrack. Don't know why I didn't discover this the first time.

Welp, dunno what to play next, after six straight months of almost exclusively shooters (not sure if Skyrim counts). Might be time to focus on making music again. Feels like it's been a long time.

It sounds like Hyper Light Drifter may never be released, they still have Ouya as a platform? Apparently, the main developer has heart problems, and has delayed the game indefinitely.

starting playing heroes of the storm. my favorite moba i have tried so far. the only thing i don't like is all the content behind paywalls, but i can't complain much since it is free.

Play Dota 2 you cretin.

I'm reinstalling World of Warcraft. Am I an idiot?

the magic has long since gone imo.

I dunno, I'm still having fun with it.

Reports:

I downloaded and activated my 10 free days.

I haven't played it since 2010, so many things have changed. The very first thing I noted was the difficulty. I felt it really, really easy. In my days it used to be quite frustrating (but fun) to level from 1 to 15. I'm now 14 in a very short time. Maybe it's cause I'm more intelligent than my 15 years old counterpart? Dunno, I think the game helped me a fucking lot.

But well I'll still play it to see more things :)

Leveling is much easier and faster, ya. But end game content, if you can get a good guild that raids, presents a decent challenge.

anyone getting street fighter 4 on ps4? i haven't played since arcade edition was still pretty new. i'm sure my sakura/ibuki vortexes are obsolete at this point. might see what's up with poison.

Reports:

I haven't played it since 2010, so many things have changed. The very first thing I noted was the difficulty. I felt it really, really easy. In my days it used to be quite frustrating (but fun) to level from 1 to 15. I'm now 14 in a very short time. Maybe it's cause I'm more intelligent than my 15 years old counterpart? Dunno, I think the game helped me a fucking lot.

Leveling is much easier and faster, ya. But end game content, if you can get a good guild that raids, presents a decent challenge.

I forgot to mention that you can now purchase game time for WoW with in-game gold. A 30-day period of game time costs about 20k gold. That's easy to make each month if you put a bit of extra time into the game to make gold. It's a nice alternative to paying ~$15/month.

anyone getting street fighter 4 on ps4? i haven't played since arcade edition was still pretty new. i'm sure my sakura/ibuki vortexes are obsolete at this point. might see what's up with poison.

if you were considering it? don't. worst version of the game out right now. tons of problems. i'm currently in a support chat trying to get a refund...

apparently it was covertly ported by some no name third party developer

Reports:

I forgot to mention that you can now purchase game time for WoW with in-game gold. A 30-day period of game time costs about 20k gold. That's easy to make each month if you put a bit of extra time into the game to make gold. It's a nice alternative to paying ~$15/month.

Yeah, it seems obvious: level as fast as you can to enjoy end game content. I have a 77 mage though, since so many changes, I decided to restart. Dungeons are so boring now and easy, also PvP, fucking twinks.

I've never been a hardcore player so raiding and stuff, is cool, but not something I would do so seriously. I'm more of a pvp man. But well 8 days left let's see if Blizzard convinces me :)

And yeah, quite cool uh? Though I don't have enough time to that now. I might buy Starcraft or play fucking Hearthstone tho I've read it's p2w.

Witcher 3 has been pretty damn amazing so far and I'm really not all that far into it, I thought I was burnt out on medieval RPG's after Dragon Age: Inquisition, but the more I reflected back on that I realized it was just because Dragon Age was really fucking boring and The Witcher is like 1000x better.

Also jumped back to Evolve tonight for the new "Arena Mode" which is pretty fun when you just wanna get to the combat and don't feel like taking the time to do the full hunt, it also requires a bit different strategy as there's no drop-in timer or strikes.

Edited by ghOsty

is wii u smash brothers fun, single player? i'm trying to decide what game to get next

If you mean by single player playing against others online, then yes. Playing by yourself, eh, not so much. YMMV.

if you were considering it? don't. worst version of the game out right now. tons of problems. i'm currently in a support chat trying to get a refund...

I got it - I've played Arcade all the way through so far, and the only odd thing I noticed was the character select screen loading a bit slowly due to that cheesy PowerPoint-like scrolling of the UI...

They'll patch this fast - EVO 2015 is coming up and Ultra PS4 is the game they will be using (so far).

is wii u smash brothers fun, single player? i'm trying to decide what game to get next

If you mean by single player playing against others online, then yes. Playing by yourself, eh, not so much. YMMV.

I got it - I've played Arcade all the way through so far, and the only odd thing I noticed was the character select screen loading a bit slowly due to that cheesy PowerPoint-like scrolling of the UI...

They'll patch this fast - EVO 2015 is coming up and Ultra PS4 is the game they will be using (so far).

there's already tweets my mr wizard saying he'll use the 360 version if it's not patched. shit just looks really bad with how high profile they're trying to make this capcom cup and forcing everyone to play the ps4 version. i've played a few training missions with poison and sakura and a handful of online matches. i've had a good bit of choppines/screen tearing in it and some serious lag spikes as if the netcode is somehow worse in this version on a console where you're required to pay for online multiplayer. half the time you try and enter a match it times out. lag tests are showing the input delay at over 8 frames. that's 2 frames more than the ps3 version. funny since the most recent marketing for this port was touting how they had reduced the input delay to "arcade perfect" status. of course i'm too big of a n00b to feel it.

You can play Smash Bros against your own Amiibos, kind of the new Rob the Robot. They actually learn as they level up. The game is borked IMO, bc some Amiibo like Luigi can literally beat the game for you, no need to touch the controller.

finally got balls deep into witcher, fucking awesome. its pegan/eastern european/occult thing is just so refreshing. the crookbag bog especially has such a unique and creepy atmosphere.

got some monster contract, the quest fit my level so i thought it wouldn't be much of a problem because i fought a similar monster before. but the thing kept wrecking me in 2-3 hits and i was getting pissed. decided to read the bestiary and it said that under no conditions that you should fight it under full moon, i looked up and saw massive fuckoff moon illuminating everything. a real self lol moment.

finally got balls deep into witcher, fucking awesome. its pegan/eastern european/occult thing is just so refreshing. the crookbag bog especially has such a unique and creepy atmosphere.

got some monster contract, the quest fit my level so i thought it wouldn't be much of a problem because i fought a similar monster before. but the thing kept wrecking me in 2-3 hits and i was getting pissed. decided to read the bestiary and it said that under no conditions that you should fight it under full moon, i looked up and saw massive fuckoff moon illuminating everything. a real self lol moment.

Pretty fucking awesome gameplay idea.

I'm liking it more and more, and I've gotten more used to the controls now. But the fighting mechanics seem quite clonky. I'm having a hard time targeting my foes

Pretty fucking awesome gameplay idea.

I'm liking it more and more, and I've gotten more used to the controls now. But the fighting mechanics seem quite clonky. I'm having a hard time targeting my foes

Yeah seems to have been made for more "casual gamers" from Batman Arkham and Assassin's Creed. I actually loved the combat system in the first Witcher. Felt a bit too limited yes but it really added tension to a lot of fights.

I'm about 20 hours in to Dark Souls and feel like it's gonna take 100 hours cause ive leveled up all my stats rather than picking a few.

Just got Dark Souls 2 but really want to finish 1 first, these will be the last games i play on PS3 before i go next gen.

Fun times but i don't think the girlfriend is gonna be pleased with me spending all my spare time hacking people to bits.

I'm about 20 hours in to Dark Souls and feel like it's gonna take 100 hours cause ive leveled up all my stats rather than picking a few.

A lot of the fun in Dark Souls is in the experimenting and learning so I'm not sure I should tell you this.. but yeah, leveling all your stats evenly is not the best idea at all

there's already tweets my mr wizard saying he'll use the 360 version if it's not patched. shit just looks really bad with how high profile they're trying to make this capcom cup and forcing everyone to play the ps4 version. i've played a few training missions with poison and sakura and a handful of online matches. i've had a good bit of choppines/screen tearing in it and some serious lag spikes as if the netcode is somehow worse in this version on a console where you're required to pay for online multiplayer. half the time you try and enter a match it times out. lag tests are showing the input delay at over 8 frames. that's 2 frames more than the ps3 version. funny since the most recent marketing for this port was touting how they had reduced the input delay to "arcade perfect" status. of course i'm too big of a n00b to feel it.

Yeah, I've been reading all the teeth-gnashing over this.... that whole lag frames issue is up for debate, since apparently the method they used added frames to the count. I'm also not hardcore enough to notice myself either.

Apparently the blame is on Sony for hiring a shit developer and outsourcing this - I mean, for some smaller game, sure - but fucking Street Fighter? c'mon... and why didn't they just port the PC version, since apparently porting from PC to PS4 is easier than say PS3 --> PS4...

Probably because the patch won't be ready anytime soon, but hopefully for EVO...