IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I'm guessing this is another emulator, but the added bonus of being able to read carts is nice for folks who still own the physical stuff.

I still have all my old GameBoy games so this would be a pretty nifty thing to own.

Guest bitroast

They added n tweaked the gameplay heaps. The NES game was very open and let you explore the levels and stumble onto the secrets (but most were never too detrimental to beating the level or progressing forward). The remastered game alters the level flow a bit and sort of guides (forces??) you a bit more into covering the levels a bit more thoroughly and covering all the secrets..

The remastered game is pretty lovingly done and the animation is gorgeous but the alterations to the original gameplay take away from the charm quite a bit for me at least !! ) plus the constant cutscenes/dialogue is a bit too interrupting for me.

Definitely feels like a remake more than a mere remaster job.

Its a weird game. I wanna hate on it and tear it apart but it looks so nice and gorgeous plus a lot of people seem to genuinely love it ? Ducktales nes for life !!!! For me, imo. At least :)

yeah the numerous "story" interactions were a bit much. you're totally right, the newer interactions basically forced you to explore the entire game which is why i managed to find all the health upgrades. the only one i ever used to find was the one in transylvania (for some reason i always just assumed this was the only one). beat it last nite. decent way to spend a few hours. they really harped on the moon theme during the credits :)

Aha nice!

Now wheres Ducktales 2 Remastered :)

played witcher 3 for a bit. crashed to desktop twice and showed artifacts a couple of times. im on a brand new i7 4790k / 16gb ram / gtx 970. fucking goddamnit.

Ya it's crashing for me too. i7 2600k, 8gb ram, GTX 970. At one point it restarted my computer it crashed so hard. When i tried to boot up, it beeped at me and nothing was showing up on screen. Scared the crap outta me. I turned it right off, unplugged it for a few seconds, plugged it back in and hit the power button with fingers crossed. It booted up ok. I'm too scared to run the game now. I might wait for a patch before i try again.

yeah fuck paying 50 quid. il wait 6 months and grab it for 30 hopefully.

actually i got dragon age inquisition from a weird game key site that looked like a scam for 28.99 three weeks after it came out. might try that again.

played it just for three hours, crashed once. but i really like it, feels very tight, quests are not generic and each one has a deep connection to the world. pretty graphics, especially the forest. the physicality of the trees adds so much, it feel just so alive. all of it looks very vivid in fact. i'm still bummed that they just don't go for full immersion and decide to implement all of this typical bethesda console rpg shit like GPS, map markers, defined quest areas, insta horse summon, fast travel. all of those could have been replaced with in game dialogue and a few npcs and some non immersion breaking mechanics.

btw, that nvidia hairworks thing is an absolute fps destroyer, thought it's something minor, especially when set to gerald only and i was really bummed at the low fps even at medium settings. but when i turned it off i think i've easily gained 20 fps and cranked pretty much all other options to ultra and high. plays very smooth on my radeon hd7950 @1900*1200.

Played it for an hour yesterday. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus, the controls are clonky and the music is already starting to annoy me. I'll give it another shot tonight.

yeah fuck paying 50 quid. il wait 6 months and grab it for 30 hopefully.

actually i got dragon age inquisition from a weird game key site that looked like a scam for 28.99 three weeks after it came out. might try that again.

Kinguin ? I got Dark Souls 2 from there, it's legit !

Looks like Bloodborne is confirmed getting DLC

Hopefully it'll inject a bit of life into the end-game, I ended up finding the chalice dungeons, pvp and co-op pretty tedious, haven't really touched it at all since finishing it (Lack of build variety doesn't help either)

the music is already starting to annoy me.

cNJwP4th.jpg

There's this one track that keeps playing over and over and over. But I've just given the rest of the soundtrack a listen and it sounds like there are some pretty fucking tracks here and there. Looking forward to experiencing the rest of it.

I fiddled with optimizing the settings on Witcher 3 and got it working well. I played for around an hour with no hiccups. I googled the issue and found some helpful tips on preventing the game from crashing. I think it was a PC Gamer article that helped the most. The game seems to run great now. I'll be playing it some more tonight.

what is it with eastern european games and bugs?

operation flashpoint series

arma series

stalker series

metro series

witcher series

all of them have always been buggy as shit. also, weird jerky character controls / movements.

i'll give the game another go though for sure, but going from the perfect-in-every-way masterpiece that is PC GTA 5 to witcher 3 felt a bit underwhelming.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/formulafusion/formula-fusion-next-gen-anti-gravity-racing-game

funded but not doing so great compared to the other recent "big indie" kickstarters. i tossed 20 punds in since they clearly have working prototypes and are making steady progress. has been greenlit and should have early access keys going out to pc backers in july i think. dove back in for a bit of wipeout hd last nite. only one gold left to get in the main campaign (the final tournament at phantom speed). still left a good bit to do in the fury campaign.

also got woxl and wip3out running perfectly on my rasp pi. god those games are good

what is it with eastern european games and bugs?

operation flashpoint series

arma series

stalker series

metro series

witcher series

all of them have always been buggy as shit. also, weird jerky character controls / movements.

i'll give the game another go though for sure, but going from the perfect-in-every-way masterpiece that is PC GTA 5 to witcher 3 felt a bit underwhelming.

It's as if the final adjustments and final touches simply aren't there. They have all the ingredients but the presentation is fucked.

That controls are total ass and the camera movement is janky as fuck.

installed the new witcher patch and suddenly everything works flawlessly. keyboard controls are still shit though, so might start using the 360 gamepad instead.

I have no idea why I'm suddenly so interested in Bloodborne, considering I hated Dark Souls with a passion. I'm at a point now where I know I'm getting it and I can already feel my blood pressure rising to a dangerous level. Tsk tsk...

Aaaaaand, giving Dark Souls yet another (last ever) try fixed this right away. Different strokes I guess, but at least I saved me some monies.

Edited by Friendly Foil

the music is already starting to annoy me.

cNJwP4th.jpg

There's this one track that keeps playing over and over and over. But I've just given the rest of the soundtrack a listen and it sounds like there are some pretty fucking tracks here and there. Looking forward to experiencing the rest of it.

Ok, so one thing that has baffled me the two times I've launched the game is the beginning of the menu music...

What the fuck are those midi horns doing? Or are those bagpipes?

Anyway, no matter what, that part doesn't sound good.