IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Are the controls still arse?

They were ok in Ground Zeroes. A tiny bit counter intuitive. You click three buttons to interrogate someone...

Edit: you need to HOLD IN three buttons to interrogate someone.

Still terrible then! OK!

if you read mgs2's story from a wiki aot experiencing the game for yourself, you are ruining one of the most unique, intricate and expectation defying video game sequels of all time. halo 2 doesn't have shit on the "twist" in mgs2. i tend to agree w/ the opinion that guard ai peaked in mgs2, and that the guards became progressively stupider as the series progressed. in mgsv, you can pick off guards at an outpost one by one without any of them noticing something wrong and triggering the alarm; in mgs2, the guards notice missing comrades/patrols, and periodically check in with command via radio. it's TECHNOLOGY: the game. if you weren't there in 2001 shooting individual ice cubes out an ice bucket aboard the tanker, gtfo. you can also shoot a guard's radio while he is in the process of contacting hq which disables him from triggering the alarm. also, with the metal gear solid hd collection, you really have no excuse not to play at least 2-3.

Are the controls still arse?

They were ok in Ground Zeroes. A tiny bit counter intuitive. You click three buttons to interrogate someone...

Edit: you need to HOLD IN three buttons to interrogate someone.

Still terrible then! OK!

git gud

Edited by whylessness

with the metal gear solid hd collection, you really have no excuse not to play at least 2-3.

The fact that they're mediocre stealth games with terrible controls and hilariously poorly written anime storylines that lack any form of subtlety, pacing, editing, or restraint are decent enough reasons not to play them.

Mgs2 is pretty good but you spend way too much time on that fucking oil rig running back and forth. I think I gave up after that because of it. Mgs3 is the only mgs I've finished.

Mgs2 is pretty good but you spend way too much time on that fucking oil rig running back and forth. I think I gave up after that because of it. Mgs3 is the only mgs I've finished.

wtf?? a mgs fan with a divisive opinion on which game in the series is best?

Yeah, breaking the 4th wall was novel for video games at the time of MGS2's release, but it's a terrible stealth game lacking anything resembling fun. The fact that you were 12 when you played it explains why you thought it was so clever.

Yeah, breaking the 4th wall was novel for video games at the time of MGS2's release, but it's a terrible stealth game lacking anything resembling fun. The fact that you were 12 when you played it explains why you thought it was so clever.

or maybe you didn't play video games in 2001 so you have no idea about how advanced it was for a ps2 game (released in 2000)?

Actually I'd been playing games since the late 80s so I'd been raised to believe that actually enjoying yourself thru entertaining mechanics & systems was more interesting than 30 minute long cutscenes every 15 steps that eventually devolve into "you're playing a video game, lol!"

when is the last time you played mgs2? the story makes much more sense now and the gameplay holds up very well considering it's age. you can skip the cutscenes and beat the thing in like what, 5-6 hrs or so? i've never done this though as i found the story entertaining...

anyways i played mgs5 for probably 5 hrs today and i never do that anymore with games(except this one obv).

with the metal gear solid hd collection, you really have no excuse not to play at least 2-3.

The fact that they're mediocre stealth games with terrible controls and hilariously poorly written anime storylines that lack any form of subtlety, pacing, editing, or restraint are decent enough reasons not to play them.

I missed the part in "good" stealth games where you blow up a metal gear with a rocket launcher? then again, i didn't play many splinter cell games beyond chaos theory.

Guest bitroast
mario maker is alooooot of fun.
few things here and there that are left out that would've been nice (no ramps or slants!) but overall a rocksolid water tight interface and super fast to jump back and forth between playing the level and editing the level. music really stands out as well, how the original background music plays during the play but then changes to weird variations during the 'edit' mode that has little sound effects playing along to the music as you lay blocks down, etc.
keen to share my levels and get a little ' thing ' going on if anyone else is playing this :)

the game almost feels like a more refined mario paint. same level of secrets and little things hidden in the menus and by trying different things. lots of little easter eggs tucked away.

for anyone looking for a cheap Wii U, the black 32gb w/ Nintendoland is $189.99 on groupon refurbbed:

http://www.dealzon.com/deals/nintendo-wii#wii-u-console-32gb-deluxe-set-bundle

i don't need it

i don't need it

i don't need it . . .

Anyone here tried Super Mario Maker? I'm anxious to dig into it but I'm poor AF atm.

It's fantastic. I'm having a hard time pulling myself away from it. It's so easy to create stages that make sense and are actually fun. The upload/sharing system is nice, although you have a small cap to how many stages you can upload and the only way to increase that amount is for others to play and star (like) your stage. That's frustrating, but it doesn't matter much, especially if all you want to do is play others stages. It's essentially an endless Mario game. I'm amazed.