IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Where's the yearly E3 thread?

In due time.

Anyway, Ubisoft is like, "aw shit, dawg, what's happening? hashtag stardom, amirit? All y'all cool kids vaping, watching Mr. Robot, and using your cellular phones for QR codes, you're gonna love the new watchdogs2! #wd2, baby. #guyfawkes."

In due time.

Anyway, Ubisoft is like, "aw shit, dawg, what's happening? hashtag stardom, amirit? All y'all cool kids vaping, watching Mr. Robot, and using your cellular phones for QR codes, you're gonna love the new watchdogs2! #wd2, baby. #guyfawkes."

I hope they send this woman again:

Edited by triachus

In due time.

I've got some good news for you...

In due time.

I've got some good news for you...

:wub:

make me cringe baby :catnope:

Finished Doom. Good game. Now to delete my savegame and play it again to get the achievements because it bugged up and thought I was playing in dev mode not long after I started the game, and I ignored the message until later in the game when I realised I wasn't actually getting access to the classic maps when I found them :/

In anticipation of Deus Ex:Mankind Divided, I re-installed Deus Ex, Deus Ex: Invisible War and Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I wanted to remind myself how bad Invisible War is, and holy crap, it's bad. Don't even know where to begin. It's just so lazy and badly executed. Just that idea of "universal ammo" for all guns... And you can't reload guns either. When you die you get a stupid frame that says "Terminal Life Signs" and you have to click "OK" and you get kicked back to the main menu. So dumb. Also all resolutions you can choose of are 4:3 and there's no 'windowed' option, so the game looks perma-stretched. And the story, fuck. Even the start is messed up. You immediately get thrown into conspiracy paranoia, with no build-up whatsoever. You have zero engagement with this academy which has been spying on you 'all this time' (the first 3 minutes).

Just looked up the wikia, it got a lot of positive reviews from critics, wich baffles me. To me this game fucked up so many things. It definitely was a shameful follow-up to Deus Ex, thought it was going to be the end of the series for sure.

I hope that after Mankind Divided, we get a remake of the first Deus Ex game (how much further can they stretch prequels?). And maybe a whole new sequel after that. Just remove Invisible War from the canon. That would be nice.

In anticipation of Deus Ex:Mankind Divided, I re-installed Deus Ex, Deus Ex: Invisible War and Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I wanted to remind myself how bad Invisible War is, and holy crap, it's bad. Don't even know where to begin. It's just so lazy and badly executed. Just that idea of "universal ammo" for all guns... And you can't reload guns either. When you die you get a stupid frame that says "Terminal Life Signs" and you have to click "OK" and you get kicked back to the main menu. So dumb. Also all resolutions you can choose of are 4:3 and there's no 'windowed' option, so the game looks perma-stretched. And the story, fuck. Even the start is messed up. You immediately get thrown into conspiracy paranoia, with no build-up whatsoever. You have zero engagement with this academy which has been spying on you 'all this time' (the first 3 minutes).

Just looked up the wikia, it got a lot of positive reviews from critics, wich baffles me. To me this game fucked up so many things. It definitely was a shameful follow-up to Deus Ex, thought it was going to be the end of the series for sure.

I hope that after Mankind Divided, we get a remake of the first Deus Ex game (how much further can they stretch prequels?). And maybe a whole new sequel after that. Just remove Invisible War from the canon. That would be nice.

I actually didn't mind it. It wasn't nearly as memorable as the first game (in fact, I don't remember much about it at all apart from the ending), and the engine was gluggy/cartoonish, but I was compelled to play through the whole game. I'll probably re-visit it at some point to see if I can change my mind about it :P

I'm very, very excited about Mankind Divided though. Human Revolution was a great game, can't wait to see where they take the series. I lost my shit when I realised that part of it is an origin story for Tracer Tong :D

As for a remake of the first game, well, I'm usually not really into that but I wonder what it'd be like with more fleshed out environments. Maybe more side quests?

Yeah I'm stoked for DX: Mankind Divided. Apparently there's gonna be some sort of VR hacking mode as well, like the Lawnmower Man first System Shock.

And yes, Invisible War was trash. The only redeeming factor was that it was probably one of the very first shooters to feature ragdoll physics, which was impressive from a technical standpoint. But otherwise, fuck that game.

Edited by ambermonk

daamn nba2K16 is a fuckin nice free playstation plus game, i don't know the players or half of the rules but i'm having tons of fun against my mates!!

Been playing that with my dad during the Finals, good fun.

Guest bitroast

after maybe 17 or 18 years, i've finally beaten MEGAMAN 2!

can beat that shiz in under an hour 8^) !!!

mm2 is one of the easier ones, no? i think it's one of the first ones i beat (like 20 years ago). it's the one with the dragon in one of wily's stage i think

Yeah, it has its moments but it isn't that difficult, especially since most Robot Masters are pretty much OHKOs. The dragon actually gave me some trouble though, and that boss in one of Dr Wily's stages that you can only beat with the Crash Bombs was a bit insane!!

@ Ivan: oooh, I think I beat Megaman 3 ages ago but I don't remember! It's one of my faves I think, the OST is awesome!

Yeah, it has its moments but it isn't that difficult, especially since most Robot Masters are pretty much OHKOs. The dragon actually gave me some trouble though, and that boss in one of Dr Wily's stages that you can only beat with the Crash Bombs was a bit insane!!

@ Ivan: oooh, I think I beat Megaman 3 ages ago but I don't remember! It's one of my faves I think, the OST is awesome!

The US version of MM2 is easy (aside from the Boobeam Trap boss, the Crash Bomb one), but the Japanese version is pretty hard throughout. Not impossible, and nowhere near as hard as the last two MM games, but still hard.

MM3 is a much harder game. Those Doc Robot stages are ones that I still have trouble getting through without the 2nd player controller trick.... In all, I'd say MM1, 9, and 10 are the hardest of the series (honorable mention goes to Dr. Wily's two forms in MM7). Everyone talks about MM games as being very hard, but they're really not that difficult, in my opinion.

Guest bitroast

The US version of MM2 is easy (aside from the Boobeam Trap boss, the Crash Bomb one), but the Japanese version is pretty hard throughout. Not impossible, and nowhere near as hard as the last two MM games, but still hard.

MM3 is a much harder game. Those Doc Robot stages are ones that I still have trouble getting through without the 2nd player controller trick.... In all, I'd say MM1, 9, and 10 are the hardest of the series (honorable mention goes to Dr. Wily's two forms in MM7). Everyone talks about MM games as being very hard, but they're really not that difficult, in my opinion.

yep mm2 has a refinement to it that shines in good game design.

mm3 is fine but gets ridiculous toward the end with the boss rush.

also, mm10 feels like it has poorer design over mm9. much much harder to the point of frustration (for me)...

yep mm2 has a refinement to it that shines in good game design.

mm3 is fine but gets ridiculous toward the end with the boss rush.

also, mm10 feels like it has poorer design over mm9. much much harder to the point of frustration (for me)...

"Poorer" design, yes, but not "poor." It's a brilliant game throughout. I've said it before, but MM10 is a much harder game than 9 because they decided to ramp up the difficulty of the overall enemy behaviors. 9 wasn't like that. It had a type of difficulty that kept you on alert at all times, but never like "RANDOM ATTACK THAT YOU HAD NO CHANCE OF DODGING UNLESS YOU'VE ALREADY DIED HERE" unlike 10...