IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

wait, what? I didn't even know.

Yes ! And it's a total game changer. You start thinking about the game in a whole different way when you know you have the possibility to reroll things. It feels like cheating at first but it's really helpful when you stretch fighting stronger bosses etc - and you avoid overly long runs which are kinda boring !!

Completed Drakengard 3's Branch D, including the crazy final boss (which I did without looking at the screen!). Not the best Yoko Taro game, but it was fun.

Now I have nothing left to play. :catcry:

Well well, I've been thinking for a while now how it would be cool to have a Fallout game set in the PNW. And as it turns out, there's already a third party expansion in the works by a 100+ member mod team with that very goal in mind:

Also their official website: http://falloutcascadia.com/#

...and I spent about an hour last night trying to unlock the last shortcut in the forbidden woods before ragequitting at some snakepile deaths.  This game kicks my ass.  :cry:

If you've explored everything just run past.

...and I spent about an hour last night trying to unlock the last shortcut in the forbidden woods before ragequitting at some snakepile deaths.  This game kicks my ass.  :cry:

If you've explored everything just run past.

I need those blood souls, bro!  Lost 65k in that last death.

fucking finally:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1233633709

BUT MAJOR LETDOWN: i got this record while in offline mode (at work lol) and apparently leaderboards won't be retroactively updated in this case :(( while i got the achievement (0.1% global bitch!) and costume n shit officially i'm still place 33 with my last time of 1:34 something... fucking hell!

@usagi: btw you can win a graphics card with your record: https://gleam.io/6GvOx/ruiner-speedrun-challenge !

also relevant:

https://www.lacedrecords.co/collections/ruiner

https://specialreservegames.com/ruiner-reserves/

finally played through Metro 2033 after years of having it in my Steam library. I riked it! the Redux is an impressive remaster for just 9gb, partly due to the efforts that went into the environment design. the overall effect was quite convincing and immersive.

finally played through Metro 2033 after years of having it in my Steam library. I riked it! the Redux is an impressive remaster for just 9gb, partly due to the efforts that went into the environment design. the overall effect was quite convincing and immersive.

I have both games in my library, but only ever made it to the menu before I decided to wait for some other time. That was 3 years ago now. I really want to play it but I think the idea of playing it is more intriguing than actually playing it.

it does seem kind of meh on the surface at first but you grow into it. it's like they took Stalker and made it more AAA, for both better and worse.

edit: in other news, I'm trying to play Layers of Fear (same studio as Observer) and it's beautiful but buggy af. I can't play for more than 2 minutes before the video crashes and is replaced by a black screen, whilst the rest of the engine continues running. nobody on the forums has reported such a problem (though there are a shitload of bugs generally - hope Observer isn't this buggy) so there's no known solution. annoying cos I really want to play this.

Edited by usagi

The Metro games are fantastic. I keep meaning to replay through since upgrading my PC, the graphics are excellent. All the details and atmosphere make it, you can spend a while wandering the town areas, lovely warmth of people keeping it together in contrast to the hostile outside world. Having to clean gunk off your visor and checking your watch for time left on your mask filter are great touches.

I seem to remember stealth being good too, if you make a small noise, human AI will coordinate sweeping the area together, I might be looking back with rose tinted glasses though.

The Metro games are fantastic. I keep meaning to replay through since upgrading my PC, the graphics are excellent. All the details and atmosphere make it, you can spend a while wandering the town areas, lovely warmth of people keeping it together in contrast to the hostile outside world. Having to clean gunk off your visor and checking your watch for time left on your mask filter are great touches.

I seem to remember stealth being good too, if you make a small noise, human AI will coordinate sweeping the area together, I might be looking back with rose tinted glasses though.

the AI was smart in certain locations and silly in others.

but yeah, the environments! best part of it imo. the textures and lighting/shadows were fab. loved going to the surface too, the snowstorm in the second topside venture whilst assaulting the Nazi outpost was great. and towards the end of that scene when the Demons swept in, the combined stresses of the blinding snow/howling wind, fending off both human and mutant enemies, degrading mask + air filters, minimal ammo and high damageability made for a super-tense and fun experience.

edit: in other news, I'm trying to play Layers of Fear (same studio as Observer) and it's beautiful but buggy af. I can't play for more than 2 minutes before the video crashes and is replaced by a black screen, whilst the rest of the engine continues running. nobody on the forums has reported such a problem (though there are a shitload of bugs generally - hope Observer isn't this buggy) so there's no known solution. annoying cos I really want to play this.

Weird, played it from start to finish a couple of times without a single crash, freeze or hint of a glitch/bug. Is this PC build ? (is it only on PC?)

Weird, played it from start to finish a couple of times without a single crash, freeze or hint of a glitch/bug. Is this PC build ? (is it only on PC?)

yeah, PC build. I think I just figured it out though by playing around with graphics settings. it only appears to happen with higher SSAO and anti-aliasing settings. I switched both off just now and managed to avoid any further crashes.

Edited by usagi

i thought Metro was dated (even at the time of release) and boring. i tried to play it twice and gave up. was just a sub-par FPS, nothing more.

:catcry:

The actual combat/gameplay can be pretty meh

I finished Layers of Fear. loved it. very Silent Hill, in fact it's kind of a lot like the PT, both in mechanics and subject matter. edit: actually gave me a lot of feels. good example of horror constructed properly from emotional and psychological foundations rather than just some gimmick.

quite keen to check out Observer now, hoping it'll be discounted a bit soon...

Edited by usagi

now that PUBG is actually transitioning out of early access I'm curious to give it a go. hope it's not retarded-competitive though.

It's a whole lot of fun. It's nerve-wracking as well. I got the biggest video game-related scare last night while playing. Someone was hiding behind the door I was walking through and shot me in the face with a shotgun. The dynamic range in that game is fucking insane, so the game goes from being extremely quiet to "here's an anvil coming straight for you face"-loud.

I've just downloaded the Xbox One X patch for The Witcher. 4k 30fps and 1080p 60fps. Pretty excited to try it out.

I made it all the way back to the part in Bloodborne I was stuck at.  This time with more knowledge of the systems, put everything into STR + SKL and levelled up the saw cleaver & axe to +9 each.  I'm stuck at the exact same fucking place again.  1st boss of the DLC (Ludwig) and the 1st lantern stretch of Nightmare Of Mensis.  I only have 2 insight left so I can't summon for Ludwig (is there any way to 'farm' insight??), and the hunter on the bridge in Mensis after the room full of spiders killed me like 10 times in a row last night.

Fuck this game.

will totally try again tonight

Edited by autopilot