IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Anyone played an import copy of Yokai Watch? Currently the craziest Japanese craze. The game is sold out nationwide, and lines around the block whenever they release new toy medals. Check ebay the toys are crazy prices!

Pokemon TCG. My son likes collecting the cards but he's too young to figure out the mechanics. I decided to try it out online and I'm hooked.

Anyone played an import copy of Yokai Watch? Currently the craziest Japanese craze. The game is sold out nationwide, and lines around the block whenever they release new toy medals. Check ebay the toys are crazy prices!

It's even getting it's own 3DS XL for the sequel. There's so many limited edition consoles now, I wonder if anyone has tried to collect them? Some are crazy limited numbers.

8E6BA96E-1881-4604-931E-0EF2E21B05F2_zps

been playing Counterstrike GO, loving the fact you can now play competitive style games without having a clan, which is good because all of my old CSS friends from when i used to play 4 years ago.

im pretty rubbish again, and the deagle seems have been made considerably harder to use, but im having a shitload of fun. anyone play this in europe?

It's even getting it's own 3DS XL for the sequel. There's so many limited edition consoles now, I wonder if anyone has tried to collect them? Some are crazy limited numbers.

8E6BA96E-1881-4604-931E-0EF2E21B05F2_zps

They are predicting Yokai Watch as the next Pokemon... we shall see. I read an article today talking about how hard it would be to localize Yokai Watch since it's very Japanese (the monster names are Japanese puns that don't translate well, etc.) It looks like a fun game to play though!

Guest potabo

Been playing the shit out of the new Wolfenstein the past two days, completed it in about 14 hours, and I missed a good deal of stuff so I'm guesstimating the full amount of content would come in at maybe 16-17 hours. If you chose to ditch the simple (and imo boring) stealth style of play, the game is an extremely fun and silly run n gun with a bunch of dumb one-liners and other crap that will probably get a really good laugh out of you. The designs in this game are fantastic, I'm really critical of mechs and sort of alternate-not-really-future-but-kinda technology but this stuff really impressed me, they got this really great future-steampunk-brutalist aesthetic thing going on while incorporating the medieval castle shit you'd see in RTCW and Wolfenstein 2009. A very good purchase imo, especially after being kinda disappointed with the new ROTT and Shadow Warrior titles.

been playing Counterstrike GO, loving the fact you can now play competitive style games without having a clan, which is good because all of my old CSS friends from when i used to play 4 years ago.

im pretty rubbish again, and the deagle seems have been made considerably harder to use, but im having a shitload of fun. anyone play this in europe?

I used to be a pretty good CS:Source player, but it felt like starting from scratch when I tried out CS:GO. So frustrating. Great game though.

playing the new wolfenstein. it's pretty cool, except fucking sewer levels whyyyyyy? WHY are sewer levels still a thing? has anyone ever had fun playing a sewer level? shit no.

The new Wolf does look pretty cool, but it'll be a while before I grab it. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is my latest game, and even after one year I still find it pretty badass. Probably among my Top 10, in fact.

I used to be a pretty good CS:Source player, but it felt like starting from scratch when I tried out CS:GO. So frustrating. Great game though.

Great game? I guess if you consider a game with worse net code than source to be good. Registry is shit. Probably will always be shit. Deagle is a piece of shit. It doesn't even make sense. It like is designed to not headshot.

Guest Pennywise

playing the new wolfenstein. it's pretty cool, except fucking sewer levels whyyyyyy? WHY are sewer levels still a thing? has anyone ever had fun playing a sewer level? shit no.

I wanted to be smart and tell you about a sewer level that was fun (cos im cool like that) but no, you're right they are always shitty (no pun intended)

Doing another playthrough of Fallout 2, got really far but fucked up a lot of things like the car the last time, so I'll try to get that right. Some impressions of recent games played at my nephew's place:

Dead Space - really glad to finally finish this, even though it's sorta repetitive it was way better than I expected.. I'm fucking jaded when it comes to these types of games but the monster that interrupts you when you think you're safe at a save station nearly made me shit my pants

Dead Space 2 - way better PC controls than the previous, plays a lot more fun and less freaky/scary, though the story and environment kinda goes off the wall, the scientology/social commentary was kind of cute.. Playing on hard difficulty really brought up the worst kind of hoarder in me though, I probably spent twice as much time as needed with all the running back and forth between stores

Gemini Rue - great ending, great game, really turned me onto more recent point & click games, will be playing Primordia from the same developer next

Dark Souls 2 - People who say this game is hard aren't fucking kidding.. I felt like the clunky PC controls (which aren't even represented in the inventory screens) were partly to blame. It's got a unique sense of gameplay but I don't really enjoy timesink games like this

Watch Doges - Didn't get to try a lot of this, but it's got absolutely stunningly beautiful graphics, the game itself is sort of a generic GTA with some cool gadgets. Well written dialogue, plays like a movie. Police chases are really hard but it's fun to fuck with the 5-0 by tinkering with the city infrastructure. It didn't take a lot of gameplay before all the profiling "random person info" screen clutter felt more like a nuisance than a cool feature.. luckily the shootouts, physics and effects are really well done

I also tried Day Z out at a friend's place, got to play over the microphone with a german dude. He was super friendly, helped me find stuff to loot. Over the course of an hour or so we gradually built up a nice set of gear (apparently an amphibious pistol and a pipe wrench won't get you far in this), after which we went to the airfield to score some kills.

We quickly spotted a lonely dude running around there and engaged him. He ran into hiding, and I thought this will be a piece of cake, I opened door after door, only to run into two guys with heavy rifles in hiding behind one and that was it - we had employed the same technique when looting to be safe and I fell for it immediately. It was a lot of running around for a mere few minutes of embarassing battle, but I really enjoyed it, this is kinda unique. All the little details like food and hydration, and the sounds dependent on what gear you've got on your back really made it immersive and realistic. It's weird how finding an ugly UN helmet and a big orange backpack makes you feel like a mack daddy. When the battle started, I started screaming into the mic "CONTACT, CONTACT!". I don't do that usually.

I will probably get it myself, but I'll maybe wait until it gets less buggy and laggy - I broke my legs at one point due to rubberbanding, it was only luck that the german dude had morphine on hand.

Edited by chim

I wanted to be smart and tell you about a sewer level that was fun (cos im cool like that) but no, you're right they are always shitty (no pun intended)

Half-Life 2 sewer wasn't so bad.

Doing another playthrough of Fallout 2, got really far but fucked up a lot of things like the car the last time, so I'll try to get that right. Some impressions of recent games played at my nephew's place:

Dead Space - really glad to finally finish this, even though it's sorta repetitive it was way better than I expected.. I'm fucking jaded when it comes to these types of games but the monster that interrupts you when you think you're safe at a save station nearly made me shit my pants

Dead Space 2 - way better PC controls than the previous, plays a lot more fun and less freaky/scary, though the story and environment kinda goes off the wall, the scientology/social commentary was kind of cute.. Playing on hard difficulty really brought up the worst kind of hoarder in me though, I probably spent twice as much time as needed with all the running back and forth between stores

Gemini Rue - great ending, great game, really turned me onto more recent point & click games, will be playing Primordia from the same developer next

Dark Souls 2 - People who say this game is hard aren't fucking kidding.. I felt like the clunky PC controls (which aren't even represented in the inventory screens) were partly to blame. It's got a unique sense of gameplay but I don't really enjoy timesink games like this

Watch Doges - Didn't get to try a lot of this, but it's got absolutely stunningly beautiful graphics, the game itself is sort of a generic GTA with some cool gadgets. Well written dialogue, plays like a movie. Police chases are really hard but it's fun to fuck with the 5-0 by tinkering with the city infrastructure. It didn't take a lot of gameplay before all the profiling "random person info" screen clutter felt more like a nuisance than a cool feature.. luckily the shootouts, physics and effects are really well done

I also tried Day Z out at a friend's place, got to play over the microphone with a german dude. He was super friendly, helped me find stuff to loot. Over the course of an hour or so we gradually built up a nice set of gear (apparently an amphibious pistol and a pipe wrench won't get you far in this), after which we went to the airfield to score some kills.

We quickly spotted a lonely dude running around there and engaged him. He ran into hiding, and I thought this will be a piece of cake, I opened door after door, only to run into two guys with heavy rifles in hiding behind one and that was it - we had employed the same technique when looting to be safe and I fell for it immediately. It was a lot of running around for a mere few minutes of embarassing battle, but I really enjoyed it, this is kinda unique. All the little details like food and hydration, and the sounds dependent on what gear you've got on your back really made it immersive and realistic. It's weird how finding an ugly UN helmet and a big orange backpack makes you feel like a mack daddy. When the battle started, I started screaming into the mic "CONTACT, CONTACT!". I don't do that usually.

I will probably get it myself, but I'll maybe wait until it gets less buggy and laggy - I broke my legs at one point due to rubberbanding, it was only luck that the german dude had morphine on hand.

Congrats on your first DayZ experience. It's a great game. It will raise your pulse like no other.

WWI/II-style guns in 1886. Weird.

Playing original F.E.A.R. again after nearly a ten-month hiatus. Still a good game. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who regularly plays either older games or lighter-end indie games.

is Watch Dags really that fucked up? damn. sad.

playing on the 360 here, haven't encountered any bugs (yet), apparently the pc version has issues according to game journalists here. I really like this game, strategically scoping out enemy hide-outs a la Far Cry 3. Taking them out one by one using the hacking gimmick and exploring the big city with plenty of side missions to keep you occupied next to the main campaign.

It isn't doing something particularly new gameplay wise, ubisoft's trusted recipe's from previous hits (assassins creed / far cry) all mixed in one, I expected a bit more seeing this is the same game on next gen. We are still running around a world in third person, doing fetch missions, racing, setting way-points on a map et cetera, extra particles wont buy me a ps4.