IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

whats anyone multiplayering on the pc at the moment? just finished building my new one, and im looking forward to getting baw deep in some multiplayer.

I'm still playing Tribes: Ascend. well, not right now cos I don't have internet at home, but y'know. still.

The Mario Kart 8 reviews are starting to come out - overall positive, but guess what - it's still Mario Kart.

Yeah, and there aren't that many Wii Us out there so it probably won't sell as well as that game usually does... unless it helps pushing consoles... which I don't think it will.

FeA6bNp.gif

A little game I've been working on for last months: http://superhotgame.com/play-prototype (playable prototype form september 2013)

Wow, you worked on Super Hot? I'm impressed. GiantBomb has given that game lots of love.

Europe/UK is supposed to have a Mario Kart 8 Wii U bundle with the game and I think NSMBWU included as well (or Nintendoland).

FeA6bNp.gif

A little game I've been working on for last months: http://superhotgame.com/play-prototype (playable prototype form september 2013)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait - you're the Jakub who worked on SuperHot ?! Bloody hell man, the highest of high fives ! You've completely smashed yer Kickstarter in under 2 days ... great job guys

whats anyone multiplayering on the pc at the moment? just finished building my new one, and im looking forward to getting baw deep in some multiplayer.

Team Fortress 2. Still. I just got my gf into it, so we're playing that almost exclusively.

Playing Alan Wake completely baked :s some good moments, really good graphics and sometimes good atmospheres, BUT the story is really cliché and cheesy, and the game is realised like a DTV horror movie, a bad one. I don't think i will finish it, i'll move on with Dishonored.

dishonoured was great, in my top5 xbox games. which in fact, out of approximately 50 games, i only enjoyed 5 xbox games, fallout3/newvegas, skyrim, dishonoured, dark souls/2, and farcry.

Guest Kubazz

Wow, you worked on Super Hot? I'm impressed. GiantBomb has given that game lots of love.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait - you're the Jakub who worked on SuperHot ?! Bloody hell man, the highest of high fives ! You've completely smashed yer Kickstarter in under 2 days ... great job guys

Indeed, I am :) Glad to hear that you like it!

Guest bitroast

spelunky.

holy shit this game is addicting. i've had it sitting on my xbox360 harddrive for a good long while now and never really got into it too much. but started playing it again more recently and this time i started to give it a little more time. and holy shit. this time it **clicked** !!

then i remembered it's also on the PSN, and went about purchasing the game again with the sole purpose of playing it on the vita (can now play spelunky on train, in bed, while watching crap tv, etc. it's essentially the modern day equivalent of tetris on the gameboy, i think!)

also been playing it a lot 2-3 player. and that has been real fun but really hard to navigate all 3 people sharing the one screen on the telly. (although because it's multiplayer you're allowed to die occasionally and we have gotten to the boss at 4-4 a few times as 3 player).

just earlier i realised that purchasing the game on vita means the game can also be downloaded on the ps3. and that spelunky can be played multiplayer across vita and ps3. so quickly downloaded the game again on the ps3, and tested playing two player game, with two of us in same room playing the game and one of us playing the game on the vita (no camera issues, plus can talk and laugh at the game). absolutely incredible gameplay experiences.

so yeah. i've been a bit obsessed with spelunky recently. addcited!! even. :):)

Don't forget the excellent game The Puppeteer will be available tomorrow for free on PSN+ (in the US only though I think). Excellent game!

Indeed, I am :) Glad to hear that you like it!

I really enjoyed the demo! I have a big appreciation for temporal game mechanics.

Guest X37V

I've been madly addicted to the 'A Dark Room' (port of the web version) on iOS. Simple, but worth checking out.

New Civ game's tech "web" blatantly rips off Endless Space's tech tree, which is in the design of a web. Also, they took factions and made them "affinities." Don't think I'll be playing this game out of principle, because it sounds like no innovations in Civ gameplay have been made besides what they ripped off from Endless Space.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/20/5732878/civilization-beyond-earth-takes-4x-strategy-to-the-stars

I got a new PC for music production, but when shopping around made sure to get something with a decent vid card in it. Now I have a machine that's somewhere in between 360 & PS4 graphically and bought some games on Steam from the last gen that I missed whilst not having consoles....

Dead Space 2 - Fuck yea, I love survival horror games and this is one of the best. I can only play it in chunks of 30-45 minutes in the middle of the night, that's how I know it's a good horror game. I like that dude's not a silent protagonist anymore. I hate silent protagonists, what a stupid trope that doesn't ever make any sense ever.

Far Cry 3 - Probably the most fun open world game I've played yet. So much sandbox fun to be had. Open world games are my favorite (still putting hundreds of hours into Skyrim), and I don't think I'll be done with this one for a minute... just gonna keep resetting the outposts and going to town on some baddies. I actually really like the Assassin's Creed style meta-subversiveness to the story as well (same writers & game studio I think), and judging by people's reactions on the internet I think a lot of subtleties in it were completely missed. I still haven't beat it so maybe it takes a nose dive, but I think all the characters are really well written & voice acted, tho I seem to be in the minority for the well-written part, as well as being in minority of opinion when it comes to...

Bioshock Infinite - Holy crap what a mess. This game was REALLY fun. They made the combat actually enjoyable (which it really wasn't in the original Bioshock, the atmosphere & art style were what made that game good, not the combat/AI) and the level design & alternate universe scifi floating 1912 city are all VERY cool ideas. However I think the storyline of this game is a complete trainwreck (played it through twice)... I "get" what happens but thematically it's unfocused, all over the place narratively, and just flat out bizarre when they're trying to tell an emotional, deep story while you're simultaneously fighting Abe Lincoln robots and drinking cups of coffee for health you find on dead bodies.

Not to mention, once you start hopping through parallel timelines and go back to make it so none of the game never happened, well that just means that everything that happened until that point was meaningless. Also it runs into the same fucking problem in every action game where they try to paint the protagonist as someone who wants to be rid of their violent past but has to brutally murder 10,000 people to do so. Ridiculous. The Luteces and their dialogue are the best part of the game. I hear that Burial At Sea goes considerably further with the narrative retardedness so I'll just skip that entirely & get the 'Clash In The Clouds' combat scenario DLC.

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD - Fuck yes! The original was always one of my favorite games, and running it with high res models & textures at 1600 x 900 with FXAA at 60fps is just brilliant. I stand by my statement for the last decade that this is one of the best FPS ever made. Plus, it has all that awesome Oddworld character design and humor. Best game. I'm excited for New N' Tasty and will get grabbing that one day 1, especially since the devs said that sales of that game will go towards making a new Oddworld game!

I am reviewing things on the internet. If I drop the term 'ludonarrative dissonance' a few dozen times when talking about Bioshock maybe I could be a 'game journalist' lol.

Guest glasse

I really wish they'd release some more online shooters for Wii U. Instead they are taking some away (wii compatible) by turning off original wii wifi support. No more Goldeneye, wii CoDs, Conduit etc. at the end of the month. Can't get third party support? How about something like Metroid Prime Hunters?

Looks like the wifi support only affected 1st party titles and 3rd party ones run on completely independent servers. Connected to Goldeneye this morning and it worked but Mario Kart didn't. Well that is good news.

I really wish they'd release some more online shooters for Wii U. Instead they are taking some away (wii compatible) by turning off original wii wifi support. No more Goldeneye, wii CoDs, Conduit etc. at the end of the month. Can't get third party support? How about something like Metroid Prime Hunters?

Looks like the wifi support only affected 1st party titles and 3rd party ones run on completely independent servers. Connected to Goldeneye this morning and it worked but Mario Kart didn't. Well that is good news.

Wii online FPS? How long to you wait for matchmaking, a week...?

Guest glasse

Wii online FPS? How long to you wait for matchmaking, a week...?

There's usually at least one full room on Goldeneye any time I play and I think there are more people still playing call of duty MW3 on the wii than there are playing black ops 2 or ghosts on wii u, just because there are more wiis out there.

animal crossing: new leaf. can't put it down!

Both my kids play it - yes, obsessed would be a good word to describe it.

Got invited to Playstation Now Beta for PS3 (Sony's game streaming service coming soon) - while the selection of games was limited, I was very impressed at how well the video, audio, and input latency were.