IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

There still is no compelling reason to buy an XBONE/PS4 - hopefully E3 gives some reasons.

Aaaaaand it seems like 2014 will be quite a dry year... 2015 on the other hand...

There still is no compelling reason to buy an XBONE/PS4 - hopefully E3 gives some reasons.

Aaaaaand it seems like 2014 will be quite a dry year... 2015 on the other hand...

Oh, definitely - both Sony and Microsoft (should have) waited until 2014 (around the time last year they released the XBONE and PS4), and they both could have launched with a decent library of titles each, and perhaps some of the issues with some releases could have been ironed out with more development time.

3 in a row! GameCube to Wii U controller adapter coming from Nintendo for old school Smash Bros players, game will also include NFC Figures compatibility.

They haven't said (yet) if they are going to actually release this... they apparently are going to use it for their SSMB tournament. It would be nice to have and would pair nicely with my three WaveBird controllers...

If anyone can beat Disney at the NFC figure game, I suspect Nintendo can - it will be interesting if they add new characters to SSMB Wii U by forcing people to buy the figures to get the in-game character...

The Forest is out on steam... but it's a "pre-alpha" release. wtf. Think I'll wait for at least the beta, lol. Kinda lame so many studios are doing such super early releases and charging for them... but The Forest does look pretty great.

Also, I'm really surprised I'm the only one on watmm that mentioned Fract OSC after it came out. Any idm fan should have a good time with it. Check it out:

Guest bitroast

MARIO KART 8.

this shit is lush. it's mario kart, again. but definitely feels like the best incarnation of it. very fucking tight. solid feeling. feels alot more arcade-y and race-y. the classic levels with revamped tracks/visuals play great. good, good, good nintendo fun for the few of peoples with a wii u :)

Guest Gravity

MARIO KART 8.

this shit is lush. it's mario kart, again. but definitely feels like the best incarnation of it. very fucking tight. solid feeling. feels alot more arcade-y and race-y. the classic levels with revamped tracks/visuals play great. good, good, good nintendo fun for the few of peoples with a wii u :)

I wanna play it badly, no Wii U though unfortunately. Been watching tons of footage... Maybe the price will be low enough at the end of the year. Quality games are starting to build up for it.

Also yeah luke, Fract looks great.

Edited by Gravity

Watch Dogs, I'm quite enjoying it. Its like the GTA I could never get into but now I can.

Especially since they have Squarepusher.

I should be getting Mario Kart 8 on Tues anyone wanna race?

I suck bad, but I'll play with you. We're 3DS friends, I'll add you on Wii U as well.

Watch Dogs, I'm quite enjoying it. Its like the GTA I could never get into but now I can.

What Squarepusher is in Watch Dogs?

Guest Gravity

Google says Dark Steering.

Google says Dark Steering.

Indeed, I did Google it as soon as I made that post. Felt kind of dumb, really.

I started playing Half Life 2 recently, was expecting it to feel dated, but it's still miles better than any other fps "campaign" out there.

Dark Souls is free this month so I decided to try it out. Worst game I've played since forever. Not worth the minutes it took to download. Maybe I'm just not hardcore vidjagamer zombier slayer enough.

Getting back into Fallout 3 though after I got all the DLCs for cheaps. Very nice. Very noice. GOOD.

I started playing Half Life 2 recently, was expecting it to feel dated, but it's still miles better than any other fps "campaign" out there.

It's good. But those airboat and driving sequences suck shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit...

Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate (PJS 1 + 2 uprezzed and extra bits added for PS4) out today on PS4 for PS Plus for FREE!

The Puppeteer is an amazing game - less than halfway through, and I can't believe I passed on this gem the first time around. A must-play for anyone who enjoys a great story, great graphics, and creative gameplay.

Shit, I need help. I'm playing unhealthy amounts of Fallout 2. Once I got the car and the power armor, the game has gotten ridiculously fun and satisfying. I don't dig timesink games but this is crazy, one of the best games I've ever played. Once you settle into the aged GUI, the level of freedom, the dialogue options, their consequences and the complete absence of patronising hand-holding is just beyond any other RPG I've ever played.

My only regret is going for a stereotypical optimized gunslinger. I just know that as soon as I finally finish this for the first time, I'm going to have to start all over again with a completely off the wall character. Why don't they make games like this anymore? I played the hell out of FO3 and Vegas but it was nothing like this. In fact, not even the giant RPG's like Baldurs Gate have this level of freedom. All I remember is trying to be an evil bastard and the game patiently steering you back on the goodie-goodie track after offering little more than a nasty dialogue option or two.

Did the same thing a couple months ago. It still looks good and plays smooth. Regardless what Valve does from here on out, I think it'd be cool if there's a mod that makes HL2 more "open-world", kind of like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or FO3. The only way HL2 feels aged to me is the dialogue feels mechanical and it's a linear story, but since the pros outweigh the cons I might play it again regardless.

Beat F.E.A.R. again last night, now trying to figure out which one to play next. It'll most likely be an older game either way.