IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest bitroast

Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate (PJS 1 + 2 uprezzed and extra bits added for PS4) out today on PS4 for PS Plus for FREE!

The Puppeteer is an amazing game - less than halfway through, and I can't believe I passed on this gem the first time around. A must-play for anyone who enjoys a great story, great graphics, and creative gameplay.

oooo.

I might grab this for the vita (been playing a lot more vita recently since re-discovering Spelunky. my god. that game is addicting. modern era, platformer Tetris.)

but yes, I quite enjoyed PJS 1 on the ps3 and could quite see myself playing through more of it and trying to 100% it on the vita :)

Playing the Duke Nukem Forever 2013 mod for Duke Nukem 3D. Pretty dope so far. Plus you get to drive a motorcycle!

I put PixelJunk Shooter in my Steam Wishlist, so I think I'll grab that one some time. Looks pretty fun. The gfx also remind me of Risk of Rain a little.

As for Fallout 2, I'm embarrassed to say that I've never played it. I played the original Fallout a while back but kept getting my ass kicked by Rad Scorps, so I gave up. I hear it's arguably the best in the whole FO series.

Mario Kart 8 has beautiful visuals & probly the best iteration so far, you can deflect blue shells! Haven't tried my free Wind Waker download yet, their servers are hammered right now. Maybe this weekend.

Mario Kart 8 has beautiful visuals & probly the best iteration so far, you can deflect blue shells! Haven't tried my free Wind Waker download yet, their servers are hammered right now. Maybe this weekend.

I just ordered it for my daughter - is it true you can use a regular (not MotionPlus) Wiimote with it? I don't have any MotionPlus Wiimotes...

Dude the controller infogram on the back is beyond confusing, I'm still not sure if it tops out at 4 players or 5?

Once again the Gamepad screen is useless, even looking down at the map is a death wish.

Edited by Rubin Farr

After playing several days of MK8, I realize the major design flaw on Wii U is the amount of time it takes your eyes to refocus on another screen, ex: in MK looking down @ the map requires a few seconds to realize which racer is you, and who is following your ass. By that time, you've probly veered off the road anyway. I can't imagine any use for the Gamepad in Smash Bros, as that game requires millisecond reaction times.

Dude the controller infogram on the back is beyond confusing, I'm still not sure if it tops out at 4 players or 5?

Once again the Gamepad screen is useless, even looking down at the map is a death wish.

Turned out I was being a numpty and you don't need any motion controls at all for this game - not even a sensor bar, since the Wiimotes pair via Bluetooth...

Nice game, but I don't think it (or Smash Bros.) will save Nintendo at this point.

Turned out I was being a numpty and you don't need any motion controls at all for this game - not even a sensor bar, since the Wiimotes pair via Bluetooth...

Nice game, but I don't think it (or Smash Bros.) will save Nintendo at this point.

This statement makes me incredibly sad.

Had a week without internet visiting parents so decided to finish this off -

fez.jpg

Took considerably more than the listed 11 hours, I don't think it logs play time when you're running Steam in offline mode. Think it's my first 100% on a steam game

No longer have access to a gaming pc. Picked up a used copy of Diablo 3 for my xbox 360 and I am impressed with the port to console. Never imagined I would enjoy playing diablo without a mouse & keyboard. It is very enjoyable to sit back and play with a wireless controller, mindlessly hack & slashing. The graphics are great, and some of the gfx changes, for example the Belial fight, are an improvement from the pc version.

The thing is what will save Nintendo? WiiU has got Pikmin, Mario, Mario Kart and now Smash Bros. I think a couple more big name games should be enough to make buying one worthwhile.

Anyway, I hope Nintendo doesn't go down, because the 3DS is almost the only place where I recognise the gaming I grew up with. I don't picture myself ever getting an XBOX, which is funny because the original XBOX picked up on the Dreamcast's legacy at first, but sadly gaming ended up following a different path...

tbh this generation is pants, nintendo, sony and microsoft alike

Edited by poblequadrat

Wii U controller is a giant carpal-tunnel inducing turd. How can anyone use that thing for more than 15 minutes without wrist pain? Moreso why are people still buying Nintendo shit when the games haven't changed since N64 besides having progressively shittier controllers?

PC gaming is pretty fucking awesome right now.

*buys a AAA game for $5 via steam sale and gets superior graphics/framerate and control method/controller of choice*

Edited by autopilot

The thing is what will save Nintendo? WiiU has got Pikmin, Mario, Mario Kart and now Smash Bros. I think a couple more big name games should be enough to make buying one worthwhile.

Anyway, I hope Nintendo doesn't go down, because the 3DS is almost the only place where I recognise the gaming I grew up with. I don't picture myself ever getting an XBOX, which is funny because the original XBOX picked up on the Dreamcast's legacy at first, but sadly gaming ended up following a different path...

What I think would save Nintendo right now?

Drop the damn gamepad (a-la Kinect) from the package. Make it optional for those who want it. Replace it with one or two Classic Controllers.

Lower the price to 149/99 USD.

Provide an exact release date for a new Zelda game (not a HD remake).

Finished GTA V - now trying to invest in stocks and shares so i can buy the golf course. Hard to make any good money though now, most things i invest in keep losing money :(

The stock market and assassination side missions are closely related, have you done those?

yeah i read some blogs the other day talking about that, think I've missed my main chance really for making serious $$$. i might start again from the beginning and get more in to that.

also gutted to have killed off trevor without paying much attention (i tend to skip all the story bits)

cheers :)

Guest jasondonervan

I gave the Destiny alpha a try last night, seems good, kinda Halo meets Borderlands. Web-scrounged pics:

ibfDMtYeypoX3U.png

i0IcDq4KlIjKI.png

iV2dyQSOCcWeq.png