IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I'm still waiting for my Beta code (which I should have gotten since I preordered)!

Battlefield Hardline Beta is pretty cool/fun - think Battlefield in a cops vs robbers setting/urban combat.

Guest jasondonervan

I'm still waiting for my Beta code (which I should have gotten since I preordered)!

Battlefield Hardline Beta is pretty cool/fun - think Battlefield in a cops vs robbers setting/urban combat.

This was for the alpha, beta is next month I think.

Hardline is indeed a laugh, definitely lets you live out the Michael Mann's 'Heat' dream.

Hardline is indeed a laugh, definitely lets you live out the Michael Mann's 'Heat' dream.

No, Bungie's site said June 12 - people are already supposedly getting their beta codes (if what's being said on Bungie's Facebook page for Destiny are true).

Guest jasondonervan

No, Bungie's site said June 12 - people are already supposedly getting their beta codes (if what's being said on Bungie's Facebook page for Destiny are true).

"Beta begins on 07/17/14 on PS4™ system and PS3™ system. Soon after on Xbox One and Xbox 360. Beta date subject to change." (Bungie)

I know the alpha codes went out yesterday because, well... I was sent one :)

"Beta begins on 07/17/14 on PS4™ system and PS3™ system. Soon after on Xbox One and Xbox 360. Beta date subject to change." (Bungie)

Ah, damn - I always get June/July mixed up!

holy cow Wind Waker looks amazing in HD, almost like watching a Pixar movie.

Yes, yes it does - now, only if they'd do Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks in a similar way (although there are rumours about a Majora's Mask remake being in the cards).

Guest jasondonervan

Probably only makes sense for anyone who has played the Destiny alpha this weekend:

BqHNl-YCIAAl2xI.jpg

Guest bitroast

"Beta begins on 07/17/14 on PS4 system and PS3 system. Soon after on Xbox One and Xbox 360. Beta date subject to change." (Bungie)

Ah, damn - I always get June/July mixed up!

holy cow Wind Waker looks amazing in HD, almost like watching a Pixar movie.

Yes, yes it does - now, only if they'd do Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks in a similar way (although there are rumours about a Majora's Mask remake being in the cards).

You mean, the DS games on wii u using touch screen? I quite liked the ds games. They were essentially >fun< games to play (especially spirit tracks, which fine tuned some of the repetitive aspects of phantom.

E3 has kinda overshadowed everything gaming related the last couple of days/weeks, so I can't remember if we've already talked about how fucking disappointing Watch_Dogs is? What a boring game.

Also, the music is absolutely terrible. Not only the licensed music but the in-game music as well. Gawd.

Guest LoveRhino

Been playing Watch Dogs. At first it seemed mediocre but it is growing on me. I am not in any way a fan of online games but loved Journey's approach. I adore the Online Hacking game. It is the most tense gaming experience ever especially if you find a good hiding place and can see the actions of your target as they become frantic near the end of the timer - many people seem to resort to gunning down everything and everyone. Been caught at 99% a few times. Great fun. Good single player game too.

Out of This World (Another World) 20th Anniversary Edition releasing on Wii U & 3DS eShop on June 19.

Fuck sake i am definatley gonna have to buy a Wii U now, my fave game of all time!

Currently playing Zelda DS games and lusting for WW HD

Guest jasondonervan

Out of This World (Another World) 20th Anniversary Edition releasing on Wii U & 3DS eShop on June 19.

Fuck sake i am definatley gonna have to buy a Wii U now, my fave game of all time!

Currently playing Zelda DS games and lusting for WW HD

You are right to lust - WW HD is glorious.

Guest Zwei Kreise

Persona 4 on the PS2.

So, so good.

And yes Wind Waker HD is excellent. I like the additions : the fast sail in particular is downright vital ; and the ability to have the map on the gamepad while being able to navigate at the same time allows to better give the feeling of navigating alongside Link, and you can just drift toward a direction from point A to point B while doing something else on the gamepad, checking info on the maps etc, it's really good. I also really like the added possibility of being able to almost completely elimitate the UI, especially having played the game before I think it gives more immersion.

The only thing I'm kind of iffy about is the fact that over half the chests containing maps to the Triforce shards were replaced by actual Triforce shards, I'd have preffered for that to be like it is in the original game, but I'm the only person I know who obsessively cuts down every bush and goes hunting for the giant coin purse at the first chance I get, so I usually have a lot of extra cash on hand (case in point the counter's been capped to 5000 rupees for quite a while now).

Edited by Zwei Kreise