IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

what the.... Yeah that looks like shite. Those characters don't seem to have any.... character =/

I'd be playing on PC, wonder if the framerate is better? That's all choppy and the facial animations etc look like dog shit. I can't understand how the facial animations would look WORSE than ME3? Wouldn't they have made improvements to the engine etc since then?

grrr

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

what the.... Yeah that looks like shite. Those characters don't seem to have any.... character =/

I'd be playing on PC, wonder if the framerate is better? That's all choppy and the facial animations etc look like dog shit. I can't understand how the facial animations would look WORSE than ME3? Wouldn't they have made improvements to the engine etc since then?

grrr

What's hilarious is that it's a new engine.

It's Dice's Frostbite engine.

grrr

What's hilarious is that it's a new engine.

It's Dice's Frostbite engine.

lol even worse!

Bioware come on!

Frankly, ME always looked really meh to me.. never really played myself but spent an hour or so with v3 or so at a friend's place.. looked/sounded/was the blandest of bland.

Zelda: now roughly halfway thru, 90 hours.... goddam

got to play the latest build of tekken 7 at final round weekend before last. ended up going 2 and 2 in tournament (lost to the same nina player twice). holy fuck that game is going to be the tits. 

How taste can change is surprising to me. I'm like 20hrs into Bloodborne. I remember not liking it when it was my first ps4 game - so I got rid of it. 2 years later and I couldn't care for any other game atm. Wanting to get Demon Souls, Ds1 and Ds2 ...playing Ds3 but watching lets plays on youtube spiled it for me, though I'm looking forward to playing through to both dlc's :fail:

That is interesting. Demon's Souls did that to me, I played like 10-20 hours of it and hated how badly it kicked my ass. I changed my mind after I picked up Dark Souls a few months later, was all about it afterwards. Been wanting to play Demon's or DS1 again, but no PS3. Bloodborne is so good though, so damned good.

Bloodborne really is amazing, yeah I'm with you on demon souls I think I might just get a cheap ps3 for it. Would love a remaster though. Apparently it's the hardest of the souls games so you did well with 20hours :-) Man I love FromSoftware style though, their artyle is so mesmerising and their sounds are very immersive. It's hilarious, I remember 2 years ago playing Bloodborne thinking "no difficulty setting?" "what! No map to guide me??" haha, for me these FromSoftware games are more than just games though, it's like entering a dream, a dream I love to visit for a couple of hours everyday :-D and dying... Lots

How taste can change is surprising to me. I'm like 20hrs into Bloodborne. I remember not liking it when it was my first ps4 game - so I got rid of it. 2 years later and I couldn't care for any other game atm. Wanting to get Demon Souls, Ds1 and Ds2 ...playing Ds3 but watching lets plays on youtube spiled it for me, though I'm looking forward to playing through to both dlc's :fail:

That is interesting. Demon's Souls did that to me, I played like 10-20 hours of it and hated how badly it kicked my ass. I changed my mind after I picked up Dark Souls a few months later, was all about it afterwards. Been wanting to play Demon's or DS1 again, but no PS3. Bloodborne is so good though, so damned good.
Bloodborne really is amazing, yeah I'm with you on demon souls I think I might just get a cheap ps3 for it. Would love a remaster though. Apparently it's the hardest of the souls games so you did well with 20hours :-) Man I love FromSoftware style though, their artyle is so mesmerising and their sounds are very immersive. It's hilarious, I remember 2 years ago playing Bloodborne thinking "no difficulty setting?" "what! No map to guide me??" haha, for me these FromSoftware games are more than just games though, it's like entering a dream, a dream I love to visit for a couple of hours everyday :-D and dying... Lots

A very good description, especially in reference to Bloodborne. Got the DLC for it? So good.

I did go back and finish Demon's Souls actually, after I finished DS1 and had a better handle on how to deal and how to look for help/strategy online lol. Such good games, I'll definitely have to pick up a cheap PS3 in a year or two so I can have them forever in case they never get remastered :)

Guest bitroast

Switch owners can now send in malfunctioning Joy Cons for repair to Nintendo, and new ones already in the pipeline have the syncing issue resolved.

damn! i rarely use mine unless connected to the sides of the switch and playing in handheld. have never noticed the reported issue. now i'm wondering if i should just report the issue anyway and get the 'fix'.

Edited by bitroast

A very good description, especially in reference to Bloodborne. Got the DLC for it? So good.

I did go back and finish Demon's Souls actually, after I finished DS1 and had a better handle on how to deal and how to look for help/strategy online lol. Such good games, I'll definitely have to pick up a cheap PS3 in a year or two so I can have them forever in case they never get remastered :)

Yeah I think getting a ps3 would be the way to go for me too, would love to play Demon's Souls and DS1 :-) I actually got the game of the year edition for Bloodborne which comes with the DLC... Looking forward to it for sure, there's still lots about Bb I haven't sunk my teeth into so lots of good times ahead I'm sure that's awesome you finished Demon's Souls btw, should do ng+ for sure ;-)

Guest bitroast

i need to replay demons souls. great game but i also kind of cheesed my way through some of it ( my memory of level 2 is mostly a bored blur, i cheesed the maneaters fight using the fog gate glitch ... couldn't beat the end boss without essentially lucking out and getting my first summon of the game and smashing the boss co-op). fun game tho and i appreciate it more as a dark souls fan than anything else. still better than dark souls 2 tho :^) 

Switch owners can now send in malfunctioning Joy Cons for repair to Nintendo, and new ones already in the pipeline have the syncing issue resolved.

damn! i rarely use mine unless connected to the sides of the switch and playing in handheld. have never noticed the reported issue. now i'm wondering if i should just report the issue anyway and get the 'fix'.

The 'fix' is apparently a bit of foam placed inside the Joy-Con...  :cerious:

i need to replay demons souls. great game but i also kind of cheesed my way through some of it ( my memory of level 2 is mostly a bored blur, i cheesed the maneaters fight using the fog gate glitch ... couldn't beat the end boss without essentially lucking out and getting my first summon of the game and smashing the boss co-op). fun game tho and i appreciate it more as a dark souls fan than anything else. still better than dark souls 2 tho :^) 

Yeah I definitely took some shortcuts with getting help on occasion, I've done that with almost every Souls game though (sssshhhhh don't tell on me) just by way of summoning when I get annoyed. I started a NG+ on Demon's, and a second or maybe even third character, but I think all of that save info is lost with my stolen PS3....it may be saved to the cloud though, not sure if that was in place back when my shit got jacked.

The end boss wasn't that bad from what I remember, but it's been a while...I may have gotten a summon too, can't remember :) DS2 is definitely the weakest, but it has some good bits and was at least trying out some different stuff... I'm just convinced nothing will ever truly feel like Demon's/DS1 in terms of difficultly/level design/pure combat. Not that it's a bad thing, but they really had a magical combo there. That said, I love the feel of combat in DS3, and ultimately have enjoyed Bloodborne more than any of the other games, it's absolutely stellar imo. 

Guest bitroast

ye i love the level design in demons souls that pops the game up above ds2 for me. that john romero/doom style level design where shit wraps around and disorientates you and secrets are communicated visually but you have no idea how to access them etc etc.

watched those zelda Botw doco youtube vids and they talk about wanting to achieve a quality of 'stirring the soul' via the art design, and i think the souls games definitely achieve that in a weird kinda way.

also ye the souls games definitely have a difficulty option it's just not labelled as a difficulty option. easy mode = playing with online summons, for example ;) after my initial playththrogh of ds1 solo summon-free, i've now always played souls games with help from summons guilt free. i don't mind i still enjoy the games

Andromeda is the Mass Effect 1 sequel I always wanted. It's so good <3

It's actually good? The videos I saw looked crap.

If you say it's good I'd buy it, me and u seem to like the same games overall. I'll grab it after my new computer is built, paying for the parts tmrw =)

Andromeda is the Mass Effect 1 sequel I always wanted. It's so good <3

It's actually good? The videos I saw looked crap.

If you say it's good I'd buy it, me and u seem to like the same games overall. I'll grab it after my new computer is built, paying for the parts tmrw =)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's rough around the edges but so was Mass Effect 1 and that's still one of my favorite games of all time. It's basically a bigger and more light-hearted version of that one. Dunno what to say. I like it a lot.

I'm not far in but it's definitely clunky and dumb like Mass Effect 1, it even has a really terrible menu system. I'm not really having a good time yet though. The graphics are slick when everyone's suited up and running around, much better than I anticipated, but man, that engine fails hard when it's just people talking.

Well, maybe it's not the engines fault, I guess the team responsible might've just fucked up.

Edited by Gocab

selling off the Switch. 100hrs into Zelda and can't be arsed to continue tbh...

it was good but I don't play games regularly and seem to have low tolerance for a fatigue that always sets in.

like when games are kinda complex, all the pretty art etc is like a veil that thins away as you progress... what remains is pure mechanics. Then you feel like a robot trying to work the mechanics as efficiently as possible, more or less.

guess not all people experience this.. wanna know more about it, probably someone has written a book. Dunno? When googling, all that come up are threads about open-world fatigue in games.. but all from a gamers perspective. Guess it's especially something in open world games but not only there.

selling off the Switch. 100hrs into Zelda and can't be arsed to continue tbh...

it was good but I don't play games regularly and seem to have low tolerance for a fatigue that always sets in.

like when games are kinda complex, all the pretty art etc is like a veil that thins away as you progress... what remains is pure mechanics. Then you feel like a robot trying to work the mechanics as efficiently as possible, more or less.

guess not all people experience this.. wanna know more about it, probably someone has written a book. Dunno? When googling, all that come up are threads about open-world fatigue in games.. but all from a gamers perspective. Guess it's especially something in open world games but not only there.

ha. that's how i felt with ffxv. i did manage to hammer through to the end of the story but i still had like 90% of the game left undone. just hundreds of fetch quests and kill progressively harder enemies. the couldn't be arsed to cover it up any better than that. think i spent 60 hrs on it. thought i might continue to do some of the side stuff but the one time i turned it on after completing the campaign i was like "FUCK THIS" and haven't played it since.