IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I'm just here to shit on Mass Effect Andromeda again. Fuck this game, not going to bother finishing it. Giant bomb review is on point.

My face is tired of seeing this game everywhere.

picked up Zelda again because the local eBay-owned craigslist equivalent blocked my account when I put the switch in, suckers.

made a short stint into hyrule castle and seems like they saved the best part of the game for the end. Then I didn't want to spoil it and still busy doing side quests, collecting things etc

Edited by Guest

picked up Zelda again because the local eBay-owned craigslist equivalent blocked my account when I put the switch in, suckers.

made a short stint into hyrule castle and seems like they saved the best part of the game for the end. Then I didn't want to spoil it and still busy doing side quests, collecting things etc

it's so damn addictive. i really enjoy hunting for food and cooking, you can't have too many performance enhancing meals i have found out.

Guest bitroast

ye my one big complaint of zelda is the lack of dungeons, visual variation in indoor "level" dungeon things. have done the same thing of poking my head in the castle and yeah it very much made me go 'gahhhh this is exactly what i want more of!'

ye my one big complaint of zelda is the lack of dungeons, visual variation in indoor "level" dungeon things.

yeah... theoretically they're cool but somehow the execution isn't so good. Maybe if the puzzling was more challenging, or if there would have been more variety of monsters or whatever...

"3 terminals remaining! You can do it Link!!1!"

the path up to the Goron Divine Beast was the worst part of the game for me. first of all, is there any one game where a mission featuring an NPC you have to guide/protect doesn't succ? Think there is not. It always sucks. The cannon thing was cool the first 5 times but then it got old. Missed one cannon b4 the beast and went back and forth for half an hour trying to figure out what's supposed to happen.. also the tune in that segment was the worst music in the game.

Guest bitroast

pretty much any of the gameplay surrounding the 'dungeons' in that game is not great. it feels all the more not great because of how open and fun the rest of the game is. the fun in the game comes from being able to play freely and go in any direction and explore what you want. and going down the path of the 'dungeons' locks you into this straight linear path that you can't escape from for x amount of time. and it's not terrible, but it feels like a slog. i enjoyed the music in the zora bit at least. 

and yeah.. jesus christ. the '4 terminals left' stuff is bad. the voice acting in general is BAD. i really wish the option existed to play with jap audio + english subtitles. the voice actor for zelda sounds like a high school drama class dropout. 

Gonna start work on the Dark Souls 3 DLC tonight or tomorrow. I've heard/read almost nothing about it beyond the first trailer (I don't even know where it's accessed from!), and probably won't be able to get any help since I've got a shit internet connection to the PS4 right now, will be playing it blind and alone since it's the last content for the series; seems fitting to me. I've seen that it's decently long and I saw a headline today stating it has what may be the best boss in the series. Them's big words, but I'm pretty hyped. No spoilers u guyz plz thx :)

It... is amazing. Best DLC since Bloodborne The Old Hunters DLC.

Also, Wipeout Omega Collection out June 6th on PS4

^ the best

THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST

F.E.A.R. 

Great game, forgot how amazing the enemy AI is. they are aggressive but also smart about it, they don't just bum rush you but work together to flank you or flush you out with a grenade. 

Main pitfall is how readily available the slowmo is, it really makes the game easy and hides you from the real time intensity of the combat. You forget how fast the AI is, how they are constantly moving around and changing positions because you can usually wipe out a whole squad in one slowmo iteration. 

I played it on harder settings and made minimal use of slow-mo (aka cheats) for that very reason.

but yeah, it was/still is so good. a standout of its time. pity it fell completely flat from there on. I played #2 and about 20 mins into it I just entered a state of grim determination to finish it instead of actually enjoying the experience. the mech setpiece was cool though.

Now working through Heavy Rain. Very strange game.

Prepare for the dumbest plot twist you're ever going to witness.

got Metal Slug 3 for the Switch... lol this game is very short also u die a lot

played this a bit on arcade in Italy as a kid - think it was illegal here

metal slug games are really good to look at but they were clearly designed to be next to impossible to drain quarters at the arcade. playing on a console with infinite lives just seems pointless

F.E.A.R. 

Great game, forgot how amazing the enemy AI is.

Is this article arriving coincidentally, or the reason you went back to it - https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/04/03/why-fears-ai-is-still-the-best-in-first-person-shooters/

Coincidence. It was like 2 bucks on steam last weekend

metal slug games are really good to look at but they were clearly designed to be next to impossible to drain quarters at the arcade. playing on a console with infinite lives just seems pointless
can confirm, felt pointless.